2400 End Times vs. Skaven!

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

2400 End Times vs. Skaven!

Post by Lord hajjij »

Wanted to share this great battle report with you. I played a game using Khaine Magic (interpretation that you can re-cast spells if they were cast successfully but dispelled) against Skaven.

His army was:

Chieftain General 4+ ward
Warpseer Verminlord
Warpseer Verminlord
BSB 4+ ward

2 units 25ish Clanrats with Ratling Guns
3 units of 40 Slaves

2 Warplightning Cannons
3 Stormfiends all with Ratlings

He won first turn, got 19 power dice and one diced automatic 6 hits Warp Lightning over and over.

I died.

The end.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: 2400 End Times vs. Skaven!

Post by T.D. »

The joy of the End Times !lol!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Tactical Dark ELf
Trainee Warrior

Post by Tactical Dark ELf »

Lord hajjij wrote:Wanted to share this great battle report with you. I played a game using Khaine Magic (interpretation that you can re-cast spells if they were cast successfully but dispelled) against Skaven.

His army was:

Chieftain General 4+ ward
Warpseer Verminlord
Warpseer Verminlord
BSB 4+ ward

2 units 25ish Clanrats with Ratling Guns
3 units of 40 Slaves

2 Warplightning Cannons
3 Stormfiends all with Ratlings

He won first turn, got 19 power dice and one diced automatic 6 hits Warp Lightning over and over.

I died.

The end.

This is insane!! who even came up with this
End Times is stupid and GW need to sort themselves out
Do they even logic? only a small handful of experienced gamers play end times, then quit cos it sucks....or so i've heard
jeffman
Corsair

Post by jeffman »

How about using a horde with botwd (end times right), so he can zap their toughness to 0 in one turn
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

When casting any spell, rolling less than 3 is fail.
How in the world did he manage to roll 19 dice without ever rolling 1 or 2?
Chances are <0.05%.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

Warpseer Verminlord allows you to reroll the casting dice for warp lightning, and he had 2 of them.

Sure he got a bit lucky but really wasn't that absurd. 6 str 5 hits per cast is insane. Don't forget he had like 5 ratling guns too.

-Sun Tzu
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

In my experience the only way to play ET magic is the interpretation that dispelling the spell once stops it from being cast from the same wizard in the same turn. Otherwise you get garbage situations like that that make it 0% fun.

Still, I'd rather stick with regular 8th magic.
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

I 100% agree Curse_Bearer. After several games, we switched over to that interpretation and it's been much better. We've been playing a modified version of End Times magic and it's honestly amazing. Our house rule changes are:

1) If a spell is dispelled successfully, the Wizard cannot recast it this phase. (includes using a dispel scroll on the spell, or some other type of auto-dispel)

2) Augments/Hexes from the same caster on the same unit are not cumulative. So you can't cast Power of Darkness 7x in a row on your unit for +7 Str, but you could have 2 different Skink Priests each cast Wildform on the same unit, for a total of +2 Str +2 To.

3)
a. Wizards who have some special rule that gives them specific spells do NOT know all spells from that Lore. So, Doomfire Warlocks do not know all Death and Dark spells, just Soulblight & Doombolt as normal.

b. Wizards who have access to choose from more than one Lore, like Morathi or Nagash, know all the spells from all the Lores they choose at least one spell from.

c. Wizards who have access to the Signatures of all Lores, like Loremasters of Hoeth, know:
i) All the Signature spells as normal
ii) Choose a primary Lore for which they know all the spells
iii) Choose X spells from any Lore to also know, where X is their Wizard Level. So, a Wandering Deliberations Slaan (level 4) could choose a primary lore of Light, and then also choose Purple Sun, Flesh to Stone, Flaming Cage, and Amber Spear to add to the Signatures he also knows.

-Sun Tzu