Lord Drakon's 8th edition Battle Reports

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Lord Drakon's 8th edition Battle Reports

Post by Lord Drakon »

Greetings !

We are living in the End Times where the glorious city of Har Ganeth has been taken over by Chaos and most Druchii survivors followed the traitor Malekith into his new realm of Athel Loren. Lord Drakon, chosen of Khaine, is left with his scattered expedition force in the Old World. To adapt to this new world taken over by Undead Legions and endless minions of Chaos his Har Ganeth expedition force has reinforced itself with the Coven of Light in order to banish the unliving back into the void.

Therefore I will use this new battle log and will depart from the old one. In my Har Ganeth battle logs I started with my first games of Warhammer Fantasy and got some basic experience of the game, where I eventually came to my current list. Although 9th edition is coming, in the meantime this is the army I hope to fully discover and learn to play with.

Druchii Coven of Light

Dreadlord, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Might, Ring of Hotek - 229
Supreme Sorceress, LVL 4, Light Magic, Cloak of Twilight, Dispell Scroll, Dark Pegasus - 345

Sorceress, LVL 1, Light Magic, Dark Steed - 90
BSB Death Hag, Cauldron of Blood - 300

7 Dark Riders, Musician, Shields - 129
5 Dark Riders, Shields, Repeater Crossbows - 100
27 Witch Elves, Full Command, Razor Standard - 372

5 Shades, Additional Hand Weapons - 90
5 Cold One Knights - 150
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70

10 Sisters of Slaughter - 150
5 Warlocks - 125

Points Total : 2400

The basic strategy behind the list is that it I have one big Deathstar, the Witchstar. Witch Elves combined with a Cauldron of Blood can take out most enemy infantry blocks on their own, and are rightly feared throughout the game. Armies did however find the best way to solve the problem of the Witchstar, by chaffing it up and redirecting it with cheap units so they don't reach meaningfull combat. Another way of dealing with Hordes is to use uber-spells, like Dwellers, Plague, Final Transmutation, Fiery Convocation etc. Therefore the Witchstar contains the Dreadlord with Ring of Hotek, providing a 2+ ward save to the Witch Elves, and forcing an miscast by a roll of double one. This leaves only two main threats to the Witchstar, which are enemy warmachines, both large template and cannons, and enemy chaff who try to keep it out of meaningful combat. That is why the rest of the list is build to win the chaff war, take out or disable enemey warmachines as soon as possible, and to support the Witchstar.

The Coven of Light is what makes up for weaknesses of the Witchstar strategy. Its magic missiles can easily be boosted to 48" and strength six. Therefore they provide a mobile and magical function of what our artillery of Reaper Bolt Throwers provide. The main difference between the Coven of Light and normal Reaper Artillery that magic missiles are much better in taking out enemy skirmishers or units behind cover. More importantly, is that because of the Witchstar, who should always be deployed in the centre (except for bad matchups), enemy armies with lots of flying and fast movement tend to outmanouevre your army, so will reach your Reaper battery eventually. The great things of the Coven of Light is that they can easily redeploy as the Sorceresses are Fast Cavarly, which by the way only the Dark Elves can field. Your soceresses can also take important corners in the deployment phase, only to vanguard back into formation. If you take care of where you place your Coven, you should not allow opponents to take it out and therefore preserve their points. Not only does the Lore of Light provide great magic missiles, all its spells can be game changing and amazing.

While the Witchstar should preserve 900 points, and the Coven of Lights preserve 500 points, I should always maintain those 1400 points giving me a big strategic advantage. But the Witchstar and Coven of Light are not my only toys to play with.

Sisters of Slaughter - I like to call them Druchii Gladiators, as that is what they actually are. With their 4+ ward save in combat and +1 to hit and to wound against unit with a higher strength or weapon skill, they become the ultimate monster killers. So far a small unit of 10 killed Hellcannons, Carnosaurs, lots of Chaos Warriors, Rat Ogres etc. I would love to give them the flaming banner, but I lack the points. The great thing about them is that they are much more than monster-killers, as they are also perfect tarpits and anti-anvil support unit. The rule that they negate enemy rank bonus and parry saves make them anti-skaven and anti-dwarf when in combat. They all have two attacks, very high weapon skill and good leadership. Last but not least, they are my objective unit. In case of a building, especially watchtower, this is the unit that will garrison it and hold it against anything. Not everybody uses them, but I believe they are the best infantry in the game and love them.

Warlocks - Even Dark Elf players agree that they are cheese. Not only do they provide a channel and two very strong spells, they can also take out almost any chaff units. More than chaff, they can take out almost anything small (in numbers) with their two strength four poisoned attacks. Their 4+ ward save makes them difficult to kill both in and outside combat. Warlocks are a multifunctional unit which will never let you down.

Cold One Knights - Our only heavy cavarly and 2+ armoured units excepts for the mainly used Pegasus and Steed masters. In some cases I will face matchups where the lighty amoured units of Warlocks, Dark Riders and Sisters of Slaughter will not survive massed enemy fire. In these cases the Cold One Knights should provide me with a tool to cross enemy lines while the rest will quickly follow. Not only do they function as normal heavy cavarly with flank charges, they are also one of the best grinding heavy cavalry units in the game because of their Cold Ones against low strength mediocre combat units.

Shades - Shades might be the best scouts in the game, we love them, everybody hates them. They secure good vanguard for my fast cavarly, make use of mistakes by enemy deployment or strategic advantages of terrain on the battlefield. They will hunt chaff, warmachines, fast cavarly and wither down the enemey with their deadly crossbows.

As my personal favourite battle reports are from Omnichron and Swordmaster of Hoeth I would like to provide the same easy to follow but tactically inspiring reports, so I will use their setup. I hope you keep following the blog and enjoy reading !
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Praetorian1979
Corsair

Re: Druchii Coven of Light

Post by Praetorian1979 »

Very nice write up, much appriciate it! Will defiantly looking into trying it out at some point.
Walk in the light and live not in fear. For We are brothers, our blood ligates us and holds us to our deeds.

Pictures of my little dark elves army: http://s195.photobucket.com/user/xPraet ... /Warhammer
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Sounds good. Hope you will get many victories!

I have some problems with your list though. I will omit the minor ones (why the pegasus sorceress? A steed is just as fine. And you should probably beef up the dark rider bunker no matter what) - I am not sure if I am not just a victim of narrow-mindedness. However, I think you lack means to fight armoured opponents and this is a very big problem. You currently have:

- two bolt throwers - perfect but not enough
- 5 knights - nice to have but as they are stupid, relatively slow for a cavalry unit and only S6 on the charge you might not always be able to get the maximum out of them. In a staredown against silverhelms for example the 2 inches difference in movement is important.
- 5 shades - but 5 attacks with S5 and no reroll is nothing to rely on
- S6 banishment - very good but again, nothing to rely on
- S6 burning gaze - expensive
- S5 ap dreadlord, S4 ap death hag - well, better than nothing but not convincing
- lots of S3 ap attacks - laughable

Consider the following Empire netlist:

general with runefang on warhorse
lvl4 life
mounted warrior priest, mounted BSB, maybe a lvl1 bests scroll caddy
big unit of inner circle knights
2x 5 core knights
2x4 demigryph knights
2 cannons
tank

You can win against this but it would be an uphill battle. How are you going to stop the small knights running to your RBTs, for starters?

Therefore, I would consider at least kitting the dreadlord differently, say, giant blade + dawnstone or at least ogre blade if you insist on the ring of hotek (2+ against magic is cool but consider that dwellers or transmutation does not allow wards saves anyway). Ideally, I would feel much more comfortable with more RBTs and a pegasus rider or two. I know, I know, this would start to look like the boring DE netlist. :)

The races you should fear in this regard are mostly Empire, WoC, Bretonnia (they only have 2+ armour on their units but they fight on a very narrow frontage so even if you manage to hit them with wiches you will not have *that* many attacks and so they will not fail that many 3+ armour saves). If you do not expect to meet any of them, you should be more or less fine.

Sorry for being brief, I would like to write more but I am struggling to find the time.

Keep the good job! :)
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Marchosias, thank you for your reply !

I don't know why, but the Supreme Sorceress on a Dark Steed instead of a Pegaus feels a LOT weaker, while this is indeed only one tougness lower. I do want to run the Coven and the Supreme Sorceress apart however. I feel that in certain cases the Pegasus will be an life saver because of flying movement. I have to admit however, that those 30 points that can be saved do look extremely nice and might give the general a bigger weapon. The bunker is indeed not that big, but only need to keep the sorceresses safe for at least two turn while the chaff war is raging on. Remember that the bunker will always try to remain out of range and out of sight, and that the sorceresses can easily keep themselves from enemy harm by being fast cavarly (as long as they keep away from enemy shooting and magic missile range).

Then regarding enemy armour lists, I did took out a rather fluffy Warriors of Chaos list recently and will test this list against a strong Empire list soon. He also have Brettonia, so hope to see how I can turn those battles into my advantage. Because what you say is right, I do not have a lot tools to deal with armour. First of all, I would like to take maximum reapers, but that is considered too cheesy at my local store so I have to do it with only two. This does however give enough points for the Cold One Knight unit. Even without anti-armour load out on the Death Hag and Dreadlord I suspect the enemy would not want to get into combat with a single unit besides Steamtank.

Even though the Empire netlist looks scary, in theory I think the list is able to win (big). Because it lacks any chaff or ranged superioty besides the two cannons. First of all, I will realize that I have to play defensive in this matchup, therefore deploying the Witchstar at a flank, flanked (some 6" behind Witchstar for counter-charges) by Cold One Knights and Sisters of Slaughter. Both Reapers will be deployed at a different flank, so the enemy has to divert at least one unit of knights towards the other flank, stopping them from reaching the Witchstar until turn 4.

By facing the Witchstar towards the cannons in such a way that the bounce will first hit the flank, and therefore providing me with four 5+ ward saves of the Witch Elves (seems reasonable to save at least one of those) before it hits the Cauldron. As the enemy has nothing to really deal with Warlocks, Shades or Dark Riders I should be able to take them out in the first two turns. Now when the cannons are gone, the Cauldron is safe, making it very hard to kill the Witchstar in combat. Besides warmachine hunters Pha's Protection and Net of Amyntok can help me a lot in protection of the Cauldron.

As enemy lacks any missile troops, both Sorceresses can be used as cheap 90 point redirectors, double-flee blocking a unit of Demigrhyps or main Innercircle Knights for example. I should be able to allow only 2 or 3 units to charge the Witchstar at the same time, Sisters of Slaughter can be sacrificed as tarpit for this (Light of Battle can really help here). Ofcourse enemy Dwellers will hurt, but I will dispell it with anything I have and miscast by double 6's or 1's can really ruin enemy magic phase. I will have Banishment, Doombolt, Soulblight and Net of Amyntok in return + two reapers and ten shades so should at least inflict a little damage before combat. Main objective is ofcourse to get the enemy Steamtank into the Sisters of Slaughter instead of Witches, or hurt it enough so that Witchstar can deal with it in 1 turn.

Witchstar is likely to hold steadfast for at least 1 turn, making it possible for waiting Cold One Knights to counter-charge into a flank. Against Pha's Protection (-1 to hit), Speed of Light (WS and I 10), Light of Battle (unbreakable) or Soulblight (-1 T and S) all really help with this. If I can get Frenzy or Timewarp off (or both) on those Cold One Knights on the charge they will deliver enough damage to destroy the charged unit in combination with Dreadlord and Witches attacks. If enemy doesn't want to charge because of countering Cold One Knights all the better as I can keep shooting, if he comes to close and doesn't charge, I charge it and the Witchstar should be able to break any of those units on the charge (especially with either Pha's Protection, Speed of Light, Soulblight, Timewarp or Fury of Khaine off).
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Please note I had a wrong assumption how cannons worked so the note about deploying Witchstar with flank to cannons doesn't work so ignore it. But warlocks as shield does work right ?
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

As they are normal cavalry and not monstrous cavalry, they do NOT work.

Keep the pegasus sorceress for a while at least. It feels strange but maybe I am just narrow-minded. It surely separates the risks.

There are some flaws to your plan I think. Your enemy could assign the cannon protection duty to his knights and eat your RBTs with demigryphs (or vice versa). The knights can just stand in the way and even offer you a flank charge. You will be unlikely to break them and sooner or later they will grind you down. More importantly, as long as your enemy has dwellers he is by no means forced to engage. This army is primarily aggressive but is not forced to attack headlessly.

So, if you say the Empire list lacks chaff or ranged superiority... it is not entirely true. Cannons will quickly kill RBTs if you expose them, forcing your hand in deployment. Small knights are fast enough to do some chaffing duty and very durable for a support unit. Cannons can target your knights or sisters so that the knight deathstar can charge more freely. And dwellers can severely reduce any unit - what about casting it on the mage bunker? Or the pegasus sorceress? Sure, on 4- she lives but it is worth a try.

Do not take it wrong, your plan is sound and could work. But you would be at a noticeable disadvantage.

You can of course mitigate a disadvantage with superior generalship. What if your opponent is good as well, though? You can still be slightly better but if your list is significantly worse (in the particular matchup I mean) it will not be enough. And I think that against a good general with a good list based on the concept I mentioned, your list gives you low chances. And that similar enemies are not uncommon enough to ignore.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thank you again for your reply !

What you say makes total sense, so I will try to get as much of those hard matchups coming battles so find out how I could deal with it. I do see an possible alternative outside the normal pegmasters or reapers which is to swap one LVL 1 Light for an LVL 1 Metal for Searing Doom. Swapping the Cold One Knights for a small Executioner unit is also possible, but they are much less effective overal than the Cold One Knigts as counter-charging unit in these matchups (I think). Kharibdyss is also nearly the same cost. What do you think ?
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

No need to thank me - you are the most active reporter on this site these days, you deserve some support. I just hope I am not making your lists actually worse. :)

What you ask is a question that is by no means trivial. I would think:
- swapping a lvl1 light for a lvl1 metal is not what I feel good about. Searing doom can be awesome but it can be a complete failure as well. Many things have flaming wards after all. And you would make your banishment considerably weaker. It is something you can try - and in this case I would just throw away the second lvl1 light as well because a S5 banishment is nothing against the enemies you want to cast it at.
- I do not like the GW shades. As they only have five attacks with no rerolls to hit they can miss miserably and just die without doing anything. GW are good in larger numbers. I think swapping them for something is no big deal as well.
- As I have said earlier, I do not like the dreadlord build as I think he should have a higher strength.
- COK are nice but I prefer the kharibdyss: it has S7 instead of S6, it has high strength all the time and not only on the charge and it has some interesting special rules. The disadvantage is a low leadership of course but it is at least not stupid.

Therefore, my proposals would be for example:

A) swap the dreadlord for an assassin with the ring, throw out the GW shades, gain 179 points this way, buy a kharibdyss and some toy for a lvl1 or an additional witch elf. Alternatively, you can throw out the COK as well and field *two* kharis. The disadvantage is that you will lose your Ld10 from the dreadlord. The advantage is that a flying general can babysit the monsters easier than a footslogger one.
B) upgrade the dreadlord to ogre blade. Throw out GW shades and either buy a third RBT or upgrade something for the remaining 70 points. More COK could be nice for example. This is preferable I think as it changes your list the least.
C) throw out COK and GW shades, buy ogre blade for the dreadlord, a pegasus rider and flaming banner for sisters. Or a khari instead of the pegasus rider.

Or some combination of those. :)
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

As the basics of the list I see the following, witchstar - coven of light - two reapers - two shades - sisters of slaughter.

You are right that swapping one LVL 1 to Metal would greatly lower the power of banishment and therefore coven therefore basic of the list. I find two units of shades also part of the basic of this list, as they play a big role in the early game which is important for the Witchstar to reach combat (as unharmed as possible). For this purpose AHW will be most of the time more efficient than GW. Without any internal solution of armour within the Witchstar, it is indeed more a horde than star. BSB Death Hag is already to many points and can be picked out by cannons, so given her Rune and Obsidian will only give free extra points to the enemies mentioned. Dreadlord is perfect, but limited 50 points because of Ring of Hotek, which I also find basic (see battle against Lizardmen). But -3 armour save is indeed not enough, at least -4 is needed, so Ogre Blade on Dreadlord is a must.

Optional units are the Warlocks and Cold One Knights. As Warlocks are and cheaper and much more multifunctional, also very important in early, mid and late game the Cold One Knights are least part of basics of the list. For 150 points I can buy another Reaper, give the Dreadlord the Ogre Blade (witchstar), give Supreme a power stone for good magic phase (coven of light), give Flaming banner and Handmaiden to Sisters and upgrade one Warlocks to Master.

Dreadlord, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Enchanted Shield, Ogre Blade, Ring of Hotek - 249
Supreme Sorceress, LVL 4, Light Magic, Cloak of Twilight, Power Scroll, Dark Pegasus - 340

Sorceress, LVL 1, Light Magic, Dispell Scroll, Dark Steed - 115

Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70

10 Sisters of Slaughter, Handmaiden of Shards, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame - 180
5 Warlocks, Master of Warlocks - 135

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Greetings !

Tomorrow I will play my fifth battle of the local tourney, and with my battle against the Vampire Counts I got a great 5-0 comeback, now I have to continue it ! This weekend I will also attend a small tournament (1600 points) with three battles (battleline, blood & glory and watchtower) and next wednesday I'm up against the local champion within our campaign (won all his battles so far and earned 20 points compared to my 8 points) which play an hard empire list.

The problem is, that next battle is 2000, and the four battles after that only 1600 ! So it is impossible to maintain the basics of the list in the 1600 battles, and in the 2000 battle (against Skaven) I will take the first list, but without 100 core, cold one knights and two light sorceresses (leaving the Witchstar intact).

I hope to maintain the basic idea of the list, so witch elves as main block with light magic. This is the 1600 list I came up with.

Supreme Sorceress, LVL 4, Light Magic, Dispell Scroll, Ironcure Icon, Dark Steed - 270

BSB Death Hag, Rune of Khaine, Ogre Blade, Cauldron of Blood - 380

5 Dark Riders, Standard Bearer, Shields, Repeater Crossbows - 110
20 Witch Elves, Full Command, Razor Standard - 295

Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70

10 Sisters of Slaughter, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame - 190
5 Warlocks - 125

Against Empire list Sisters of Slaughter are replaced by Executioners
15 Executioners, Draich Master 190

What do you guys think ? Against the Empire battle I might swap the Sisters for Executioners as he will bring a lot of 1+ armour.

20 Witch Elves with Cauldron of Blood at this point level is murderous I guess, but I also suspect the Sisters of Slaughters even more bad ass enemy options are also limited. To bring some anti-armour I fully upgraded the BSB, but a cannon can ruin my day ! I really think Light Magic is the best magic against enemy cannons with Pha's Protection, Net of Amyntok and Banishment to negate the damage or take it out. Besides magical options I also have warlocks, shades and two reapers to take out enemy cannon as soon as possible.

Against the Skaven opponent at the scenario of Loot & Pillage (taking Bugman XXX in Inn and Cart both give you 5 victory points, taking out enemy units gives 1 victory point) I will bring this list tonight. Any suggestions are welcome.

Dreadlord, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Might, Ring of Hotek - 229
Supreme Sorceress, LVL 4, Light Magic, Cloak of Twilight, Dispell Scroll, Dark Pegasus - 345

5 Dark Riders, Musician, Shields - 95
21 Witch Elves, Full Command, Razor Standard - 306

Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70

10 Sisters of Slaughter, Handmaiden of Shards, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flames - 180
5 Warlocks - 125

Battleplan is simple : The Witchstar rampages through enemy lines, while the Sisters of Slaughter assault / hold the Inn. One unit of Shades is deployed between enemy troops and Cart to force it to move towards my own lines, so an unit of Dark Riders can claim it.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Hello again!

The 1600 points list looks nice. At least I do not see how could it be improved, given the premises you want to keep (i.e. lvl4 light and witch elves with cauldron have to stay). Might be a bit light on the armour-cracking department again. The sisters -> execs swap might be worth it in the small format as well. Hard to say though. I really like with elves and live under the impression that anything sisters can handle, witches kill as well. But I have almost no experience with the sisters. There are matches where they overshine the execs no problem. Or you might go for a lvl4 metal but again, this is quite a big change from the concept you want to explore (and that I believe could be quite powerful).

Against Empire, you can try a death hag with obsidian blade. Might surprise him somewhat. :) And depending on your guts, you might want to leave the cauldron home. Cannons can kill it quite effectively. Still, it has a ward and many wounds and you can augment it with Phas protection so you might be able to get it in combat fast enough.

I approve on swapping the sisters with execs if you know you are about to face Empire. An interesting option is including a largeish unit of executioners with a death hag with witchbrew. But this probably changes your desired list too much. And two frenzied hordes can be difficult to manage, depending on how much chaff he brings.

Anyway, good luck in all your battles, however you decide!
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thank again for the reply Marchosias, I really appreciate it ! Your last advice regarding the Frog scroll really played a huge part in the big victory and my own experience is still rather limited.

You are right that anything sisters can handle, witches kill as well. The main thing is that witches are feared, while sisters are not (yet) so most of the time enemies are faced with a nasty susprise when he reached combat. But what I especially take them for, is to function as tarpit if things go wrong for the witchstar or pin something down so the Witches can take it out.

It is actually a very good idea to leave the COB at home in the matchup against Empire, as he will surely bring at least one cannon (as he knows I usually bring the COB these days). Death Hag with Obsidian Blade within the Witches and Death Hag with witchbrew within the Executioners. Enemy brings some chaff most of the time, but not enough to survive the two reapers, shades and warlocks.

The scenario against the Empire list is called Jungle Fever. All terrain is jungle, so every unit has -1 movement, and always count to be in soft cover (so -1 for all shooting). With every move you make you roll a dice, and bad or good things happen. On a roll of 2 you get an ancient temple (5 victory points) and 3-4 you find treasures (as long as they live 1 victory points, for enemy they are 2 victory points when destroyed).

Supreme Sorceress, LVL 4, Light Magic, Dispell Scroll, Tasliman of Preservation, Dark Steed - 310

BSB Death Hag, Rune of Khaine, Obsidian Blade 200
Death Hag, Witchbrew 115

5 Dark Riders, Herald, Musician, Shields - 105

15 Executioners, Draich Master, Standard Bearer, Banner of Swiftness 215
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70

5 Warlocks - 125

I suspect enemy will at least take 3 demigryphs, 1 steamtank, 1 unit of knights (maybe full knights for core but he normally brings a big unit of infantry to hide his lvl 1 light wizards in), arch lector on war altar, cannon (normally also helblaster) and captain on pegasus.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Wow what an exciting and bloody game against Skaven tonight ! My army got slaughtered after the Warlocks blew themselves up in turn 2, and the Supreme Sorceress in turn 3 leaving me without any magic for three turns against the extremely deadly Skaven Plague magic and Stormfiends ! But I still managed to secure a 4 - 1 victory ! All credits to my beloved Sisters of Slaughter, Lord Drakon with Ring of Hotek and Dark Riders. I think it was my best gameplay so far, battle report will follow soon.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Greetings !

Yesterday I played my fifth game of the local campaign against Skaven in the scenario Loot & Pillage. As I made a bad start losing all my battles, I had to get back on track. My last battle against the Vampire Counts resulted in a 5 - 0 win, so if I managed to score some points I was back in the race. With Loot & Pillage your objective is to take control of the famous Bugman XXX beer, located in a cart and inn. Both would give you 5 victory points, while destroying enemy units give you 1 victory point each. In this battle report I will use a little different write up than before, so let me know which one you prefer !

As we played 2000 points, I took my original list but without the two Light Soceresses, Cold One Knights and some less Witch Elves. I still had 21 Witch Elves with Cauldron of Blood, joined by Lord Drakon himself (Dreadlord with Ring of Hotek), two units of AHW Shades, two units of Dark Riders, two Reaper Bolt Throwers and my beloved Druchii Gladiators with Flaming Banner (Sisters of Slaughter) besides the Supreme Sorceress on Pegasus with Light Magic and Cloak of Twilight.

The enemy brought Stormvermin (35), Plague Monks (30) and two units of Slaves (40 + 15). As chaff he had three units of Gutter Runners with poisoned slings and Warp Lighting Cannon and Stormfiends (two Ratling Cannons, one Grinderfist) as shooting. The Skaven Horde was supported by a Grey Seer, BSB, Plague Priest and Warlocks Engineer.

Slow infantry blocks, none of them able to match either the Witchstar or garrisoned Gladiators in the Bugman X Inn (5 VP). Gutter Runners were the only units that would be able to direct and take the Bugman X Cart (5 VP) or take out my artillery. Although the Skaven cannons are much less reliable and dangerous than their counterparts, with some luck it is still able to kill the COB, so this was priority number one. I faced one Ratling Cannon Stormfiend before and experienced how extremely deadly they are, a second one combined with the Tunneler rule would be the main threat to my soft elves. Also Grey Seers are extremely deadly in the magic phase, especially when using Plague Lore. Gutter Runners are oke, but no match for my Shades or Dark Riders. If I could take out enemy shooting and chaff, while surviving the magical plagues I could win big.

For magic the Supreme Sorceress rolled for Speed of Light, Net of Amyntok, Banishment and Birona's Timewarp. Unfortunately no Pha's Porection but the rest of the selection was exactly what I wanted. Speed of Light is swapped for Shem's Gaze to help kill the Gutter Runners and Stormfiends. Grey Seer gets all the nasty stuff : Withering (-1 T for rest of the game), Plague (T test or die), Dreaded 13 (die and become clanrats), Bless with Filth (poison attacks) and Warlock Engineer gets Skitterleap. Beside my Supreme Sorceress, the Warlocks provided Soulblight and Doombolt and COB the bound spell. Three magic missiles, two hexes and two augments, most of them able to make a difference in any situation.

Deployment
Besides the opponents army list I also try to examine the battlefield these days. In the centre stood the main objective, the Bugman X Inn, where the Druchii Gladiators would be safe from enemy shooting and as I still believe there is no infantry in the whole warhammer world who can defeat them in 10 vs 10 combat so this was their moment to shine. As they brought the flaming banner, they had re-roll to wound if assaulting the Inn. Besides the Inn was the Bugman X Cart, who at the start of every movement phase moves D6 from the nearest unit, and flee's 2D6 when charged. When captured it will move alongside movement of unit which captured it, but that unit can't march. Directing it towards my battleline, instead of the opponents would be easy if I could deploy some Shades there. Two forests at the flanks would also be ideal hide outs for skirmishers. Also a nice hill in my deployment zone would be perfect for the artillery battery. Overall the terrain offered me with great possibilities to take the central Inn, and advance Witchstar besides it to clean enemy units assaulting the Inn.

I deployed Dark Riders and Warlocks at the flanks, while Gladiators in the centre and Witchstar at the central right flank. Skaven responded with his infantry at the central left flank to remain out of Witchstar danger, only Plague Monks opposing it. WLC in line of sight of Witchstar and Reapers. While my scouts deploy to direct the Bugman Cart and threated the WLC, enemy scouts take the forests to block vanguard moves. Therefore I did not vanguard for possible charges in turn 1. Enemy tunneling Stormfiends place a corner just behind the Druchii Gladiators to appear there on a roll of 2-6 in turn 2.

Turn 1 - Dark Elves
I finished first and had +1 for the most important initial roll and rolled a 6 ! First turn for the Dark Elves.

The Bugman Cart moved towards my deployment zone. My right Dark Riders charges the Gutter Runners who stand and shoot and inflict four wounds! but the skilled fast cavarly deflect them with their shields although one dies by running against a tree. A little scared by the four wounds, I decide to charge the left scouts in my second turn. Shades garrison the Inn, and other Shades move up towards the WLC. Witchstar tries to hide the cannon behind the Inn (but doesn't go far enough) while Gladiators advance as fast as possible to be in the Inn before the Stormfiends enter the field. Supreme Sorceress is confident with her Cloak of Twilight and position herself in range of the WLC cannon to disable it.

In the magic phase Banishment is let go through on the WLC, but I fail to roll any 6'es to wound. Net of Aymntok on the WLC is dispelled, same for Doombolt on the left Gutter Runners.

In my shooting phase the first reaper shoots with multishot on the WLC (Warp Lightning Cannon), which fail to wound and I realize I have better chances with single shot. The second one singleshots, hit, wounds, but only inflict one wound. Both Shades also fail to inflict any wounds on the WLC. Dark Riders fail to hit the Gutter Runners in the forest.

The Dark Riders in the forest kill three Gutter Runners, who also kill one Dark Riders. The cowardly scouts run, and escape only just from the Dark Riders. In their pursuit however, another two runs against the trees and only the musician survives the dangerous terrain test, ouch !

At the end of every turn, an unit in the Inn or claiming the Cart have to take a leadership test if they can control their urges to drink the famous dwarf beer. Shades in the Bugman Inn are too thirsthy and take some nips of the beer, losing -2 WS, BS and LD for the rest of the game, but also become Stubborn.

Turn 1 - Skaven
The Bugman Cart moves further towards my corner and fleeing Gutter Runners rally. Rest of the army advances slowly, while Plague Monks reform in such a way the Shades are doomed. I am not sure if placing the Shades there was a good idea, but at least they made sure the Plague Monks became dangerous too late in the battle.

In the magic phase I dispelled skitterleap while opponent rolls short on Dreaded Thirteenth on the Sisters of Slaughter. Gutter runners kill one Warlocks, and the other one Shade, not enough to force a leadership test. WLC aims at COB, but at strentgh 5 only kills three witches, pfew ! First round survived. Drunken Shades pass their leadership test.

Turn 2 - Dark Elves
While the Bugman Cart keeps moving into my corner, the last Dark Rider charges the last two Gutter Runners, and combined charge of Warlocks and Dark Riders charge the other Gutter Runners, who kill another Warlock with stand & shoot. Another Dark Riders runs against a tree and dies. The drunken shades leave the Inn in order to take the Cart and are replaced by the Sisters of Slaughter. Other Shades try to find a way to leave line of sight of Plague Monks, but realize this was their last turn, so turn to redirect the Monks and return fire at the Gutter Runners.

I only get 6 dice for magic, but opponent 3. Opponent dispells Birona's Timewarp on the Witchstar, so this leaves me with Net of Amyntok on enemy cannon, but it goes off with Irresistable Force and therefore miscast ! All my models that can generate power dice gets a strength 6 hit. From my understanding, in these situations, the opponent has to choose 1 warlock which have to take the hit, instead all of them. But opponent argues that they are can generate dice and cast spells, so they all have to take a hit. As I was not sure I allowed it, but please highlight this for me for a next battle. Because they all died ! Also the Supreme Sorceress takes a hit, and Cloak of Twilight doesn't provide any protection against miscast so only two wounds left. After this, I am doubting if a normal 4+ ward save is not better for her.

Reapers aim at the WLC, and this time kill it ! Great ! Shades also inflict two wounds on the Gutter Runners, but they pass their leadership test.

In combat, the heroic Dark Rider kills a Gutter Runner and catches the other. The other Dark Riders kill three gutter runners, who also flee. As Dark Riders are clearly not very skilled at running through forests, this this I reform to retreat towards the centre before the Stormfiends are too close and they are too isolated. Disciplined Gladiators don't drink the dwarven beer as they saw what effect it did to the Shades.

Turn 2 - Skaven
Plague Monks charge the Shades who hold. As they rest of the army keep advancing slowly, the Gutter Runners see an opportunity and move to shoot the hurted Supreme Sorceress (and likely not aware of the Cloak of Twilight). Fleeing Gutter Runners rally. He also rolls a 1 so the Stormfiends will only emerge next turn, nice !

Now the enemy rolls 7 vs 4, and start with Wither on the garrisoned Gladiators. I really don't want this, but also really don't want a Plague on them, so I use my scroll. This was a mistake, as you should ALWAYS save your scroll for the Dreaded Thirtheenth combined with Power Scroll when playing against Skaven. Directly after I scrolled Withering a big evil smile emerged on his face and the opponent stated : The Dreaded Thirteenth Spell on Sisters of Slaughter :o he ate two warpstone tokens and power scroll, so casting it with five dice. No 1's (for Ring of Hotek) but luckily a lot of 2's. In total he rolled 13, possible to dispell with four dice ! I rolled, and rolled and hoped for the best.. 13 ! Pfew ! A big mistake from my part, but a lot of luck saved me here !

He does roll very well for shooting with Gutter Runners and inflict two wounds on the Supreme Sorceress, who only saves 1, leaving her on her last wound. I had to play very careful with her now.

Turn 3 - Dark Elves
After the near disaster of The Dreaded Thirteenth Spell I realize the Dreadlord with Ring of Hotek is more needed in the garrison, after all, holding that Inn would secure me 5 victory points and if they Sisters could survive enough magic phases they could still hold it against any force the Skaven player could assault with. This was ofcourse not part of my battleplan, but I am glad I am much more learning to adapt. The Witchstar advances for a next turn charge on the Plague Monks. Dark Riders and Shades return to my secured corner to claim the Bugman X Cart.

I get a lot of power dice and luckily all spells are just three dice maximum from lore of Light. I first cast Net of Amyntok on Plague Monks with three dice. Again Irresistable Force and therefore Miscast, nooo !!! She dies within a large explosing, leaving me without any magic against the extremely deadly Grey Seer ! I might have been to careless with her allowing the extra wound from the Gutter Runners, but actually didn't expect that wound with the Cloak of Twilight. Those two miscasts on not game changing spells were unlucky but those things happen. This was actually the first time I lost all my magic users so early.

Reapers kill the last remaining Gutter Runners and waiting for the Stormfiends next turn, as without the magic missiles of the Supreme Sorceress, they are the only things left able to deal with them.

Turn 3 - Skaven
Stormfiends appear on the battlefield, and rest of the army continue to slowly advance towards the centre.

In the magic phase the opponent can totally overpower me, and gets a Plague through on the Sisters of Slaughter. My last battle against Lizardmen the Ring of Hotek won me the battle, against, I can say that the Ring of Hotek rescued my battle. Although 3 sisters failed their test, they all got saved by the magical defence of the Ring of Hotek. The Witches were less lucky however. Although they still had a +4 ward save, 7 died. Then the Stormfiends Ratling Cannons started shooting, killing another 7. Ouch, half of the Witches died so this changed things dramatically.

Turn 4 - Dark Elves
Now I had to think. The Witches could make the charge into the Plague Monks, but only 7 of them were still alive. In the end the battle was all against securing victory points from the Inn and the Cart. I realized I had to retreat and play defensive to survive as long as possible to give the garrison a chance of not being targeted solely. The heroic last dark riders captures the Cart so at that point it was 13 - 4 VP in my favour. It looks like I am massacred (which is true) but I am ahead a lot of victory points at this stage.

Reapers fail to inflict any wounds on the Stormfiends, hmm.

Turn 4 - Skaven
Smelling victory the Skaven units start to advance more agressive.

The enemy gets off another Plague again, killing 1 sister of slaughter (again 3 saved by Ring of Hotek), 4 witch elves, 2 shades and 2 dark riders as it keeps jumping. Luckily it also jumps back to his own Stormvermin, killing 17 of the stinky rats. Stormfiends kill the heroic dark riders who claimed the Cart. My force is shrinking very fast, and I still have to survive two rounds of magic and shooting !

Turn 5 - Dark Elves
BSB Death Hag decides the Witch Elves became useless and decides to go solo, marching 12" to provide a counter-charge and ofcourse attract enemy fire so the chaff trying to claim the Cart would survive. Witch Elf command group does the same.

Reapers inflict only 1 wound on the Stormfiends, not good at all !

Turn 5 - Skaven
As Gladiators under personal command of Lord Drakon, protected by the Ring of Hotek still are way too much to take out in combat, enemy has to continue to take out my unit with shooting an magic.

Skitterleap brings enemy Warlocks Engineer, close to battleline, but only killing 1 dark rider (leaving 1 alive) and inflicting a wound on one Reaper. Poisoned attacks on Plague Monks goes off with Irresistable Force and miscast kills 12 slaves and stealing rest of the power dice, leaving the garisson save for another last turn. Shooting kills the last Witch Elves and the BSB Death Hag, but the Cauldron remains unscathed.

Turn 6 - Dark Elves
The last Dark Riders claims the Bugman X Cart, way out of danger so securing 5 VP. Cauldron also want to put some pressure and charges enemy Giant Rats, who flee, and Gutter Runners who also flee.

Reapers finally decide their time has come, and inflict 6 wounds on the Stormfiends, killing one, and they also start to run.

Turn 6 - Skaven
At this point they enemy doubt to charge the Inn, but realize it is hopeless, and he can only secure some victory points by killing the whole unit with one spell : The Dreaded Thirteenth. The Plague Monks charge the COB.

Then the magic phase comes, it is 7 vs 4, not good at all ! He rolls 6 dice, hoping for a double 6, but rolls a double 1 instead ! Ring of Hotek shines again, and the Grey Seer loses three levels of magic. It came a little too late, but it still came, and Ring of Hotek played a major role in keeping the garrisoned Gladiators alive.

In combat the COB witch elves go bad ass and kill four Plague Monks, while countless attacks from them + the plague priest only inflict two wounds. I lose combat with 1, and roll a 9, enough to hold on the leadership of Lord Drakon. We do however discover I actually lose with 2, so resulting into a flee, but with swiftride it is likely it had survived anyway.

Result
So my whole force got butchered, besides the disciplined garrison of Druchii Gladiators who under the high command of Lord Drakon never drunk of the dwarf beer and got saved by the Ring of Hotek against waves of magical plagues. Also a lone Dark Rider had claimed the Cart giving me all 10 victory points. The enemy had destroyed 5 units, while I destroyed 3, so 7+ victory point difference, a stunning 4 -1 win for me !

Post Battle Report
Although I made some mistakes, luck was at my side today. Even while very unlucky with the Supreme Sorceress and Warlocks blowing theirselves up (even Dark Riders all running against trees) and left without LVL 4 defense I managed to adapt to the battle and kept my nerves. Ring of Hotek really shined again, as it was that item that saved the Sisters of Slaughter being blown away by Plague. Also the fact that Sisters of Slaughter are so amazing in combat and in buildings they are unbeatable, secured me the central position of the battlefield and 5 important victory points. Also Dark Riders really shined by taking out Gutter Runners early game, and both claiming the Bugman Cart claiming the other 5 victory point. I really liked the list, as it is very easy to re-deploy and the Witchstar has multiple character who can reinforce where needed or go solo like the COB did.

The Druchii Garrison
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Great report! Compliments for the win, too.
Lord Drakon wrote:From my understanding, in these situations, the opponent has to choose 1 warlock which have to take the hit, instead all of them. But opponent argues that they are can generate dice and cast spells, so they all have to take a hit. As I was not sure I allowed it, but please highlight this for me for a next battle. Because they all died !with swiftride it is likely it had survived anyway.
DE AB is clear, 1 warlock had to test only.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thank you for you reply ! Oke, good to know, next time I know what to do

Today I attended my first (small) tournament with only 12 people and took my 1600 light/witchstar list. Although it started with another hangover and draw, win and loss I actually got 3rd place (shared 2d place but lost a little more VP than the other). I am happy with this great result and was also satisfied about the list! As usual, the sisters of slaughter were amazing. I will post the battle reports soon.
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Lord Drakon's Battle Reports

Post by Lord Drakon »

I attended my first tournament last weekend together with 11 other players. There were three battles, Battleline, Watchtower and Blood & Glory. You could only earn victory points by destroying other units and winning the scenario. The maximum you could earn was 8 battle points each game, every 400 points was 2 battle points.

I brough my 1600 version of Witchstar combined with Lore of Light magic, a combination I am doing well with recently.

Supreme Sorceress, LVL 4, Light Magic, Dispell Scroll, Ironcure Icon, Dark Steed - 270

BSB Death Hag, Rune of Khaine, Ogre Blade, Cauldron of Blood - 380

5 Dark Riders, Standard Bearer, Shields, Repeater Crossbows - 110

Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70

10 Sisters of Slaughter, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame - 190
5 Warlocks - 125

Battle 1 : Warriors of Chaos

The first battle (Battleline) I was up against Warriors of Chaos. He brought unkillable disc lord, large block of 24 Chaos Warriors (nurgle) supported by a Chariot (nurgle), Chaos knights (nurgle) and Skullcrushers (khorne).

I had never faced an disc lord before, but suspected it to be more combat than magic oriented. Skullcrushers scared the hell out of me, but I knew I could handle all the other threats when played well and softened a bit before they reached combat. I had missile superiority, so I would let him come to me and wait for opportunities. As the rest of the army was much faster than the Chaos Warriors, I hoped he would send them ahead so I could deal with them seperately.

For magic I got Pha's Porection, Speed of Light, Bashment and Birona's Timewarp, which was a great selection for this matchup. Doombolt, Soulblight and Fury of Khaine added up to spells for most situations and interesting magic phases. I don't know the spells the enemy got, but a lot of magic missiles and hexes.

Deployment
I deployed my fast cavarly at the right flank, opposing enemy Chariot and disc lord. Supreme Sorceress was placed in Dark Riders who would function as bunker this game. Witchstar in the centre, flanked by the Sisters of Slaughter. Enemy deployed his Chaos Warriors in the centre, with Chariot and Knights at right flank, and Skullcrushers at left flank. Scouts make use of obstacle near my deployment zone, to get behind enemy forces eventually. Reaper also had a great spot, as they could shoot at incoming Skullcrushers with an obstacle between them. Warlocks vanguard on the hill.

Turn 1 - Warriors of Chaos
As enemy had less deployment slots, and we both rolled a four, enemy got first turn.

All units advance as fast as possible. Maybe he was unexperienced with Warlocks, because it would be very easy for them to charge the Chariot, preventing the Impact Hits from it and take it out early. Disc Lord flies behind my lines, I thought for flank charge, but clearly just to shoot the crap out of me.

The game starts very well for me as enemy got IR on his first hex with two dice, but he is lucky with the miscast roll as all units in base contact with him get a strength 10 hit. He does lose all his remaining dice.

Turn 1 - Dark Elves
Warlocks seize the opportunity and charge the Chariot. Shades advance at the left flank out of sight of Skullcrushers while Dark Riders with Supreme Sorceress also move outside charge range of the Disc Lord. Infantry shuffles back.

In the magic phase I get Soulblight and Speed of Light of on the warlocks, making them WS and I 10, while enemy S and T is lowered by 1.

Shades aim their deadly crossbows at the Skullcrushers, but the bolts are not able to penetrate the 1+ armour. First reaper fires a single bolt at it, killing 1 ! The second inflict another two wounds. Great shooting phase !

In combat the Chariot saves most of the inflicting wounds with incredible armour saves, and kill one warlock in return. I win combat but the Chariot passes his leadership test.

Turn 2 - Warriors of Chaos
Still too far to charge anything, the forces of Chaos keep advancing for turn three charge. The Disc Lord get even more behind my lines to hex the Witchstar.

Again the opponent gets a miscast with his first spell, inflicting 1 strength 10 hit, but he easily saves it with the incredible ward save. In combat the Warlocks inflict 7 wounds, and kills the Chariot before it can strike. One down, three to go.

Turn 2 - Dark Elves
After the succesful shooting of last turn, I decide not to take risks and the infantry block shuffle backwards some more. Warlocks turn to provide a counter-charge and Doombolt the Chaos Knights. Shades infiltrate further behind enemy lines.

Magic is uneventfull as enemy uses scroll for boosted Doombolt and dispell Birona's Timewarp and Fury of Khaine of Witches. I do however get Pha's Protection off.

Reaper continue to murder the Hellcrushers, killing the second and leaving the last one on 1 wound so Sisters of Slaughter could finish it off. Especially in these small games, they are very dangerous and effective.

Turn 3 - Warriors of Chaos
Last Skullcrusher charges the Sisters of Slaughter while the Chaos Knights charge the Witchstar. Chaos Warriors also try to make it, but needed a 10 and fail their charge. Disc Lord gets line of sight towards the fragile bunker of the Supreme Sorceress. As I underestimated the magical danger from the Disc Lord, I made a huge mistake by not running away as far as possible with her as the right flank was cleared by Warlocks. I expected it to charge and be combat oriented, instead of caster, so this would be the hard way learning..

Enemy get 12 power dice, and start to blast the crap out of the Dark Rider bunker, after I dispelled the first two magical missiles, he still had 2 left. With the first he killed all Dark Riders, and with the second he easily killed the Supreme Sorceress, taking out my LVL 4 and general. Again I should have fled with them, I am not sure if they were main target for enemy, but now they were too close to not get his attention. Bad play from me.

In combat, the Sisters of Slaughter against the Skullcrusher have 15 attacks, does 15 hits, inflict 9 wounds, but none could penetrate the armour as opponent succeeds to no roll any 1. But in return all wounds and stomps inflicted are also saved by 4+ ward save except for one. BSB kills three knights, and although witches inflict 13 wounds, enemy saves all of them. In return the Knights only kill three witches. I win combat but enemy knights pass their leadership test.

Turn 3 - Dark Elves
Warlocks counter-charge the Chaos Knights in the back to finish them for sure this turn. I later realize this will block the Witches from charging the Chaos Warriors but next turn, so another mistake as they would have been more usefull in doombolting Disc Lord now my LVL 4 was lost.

In the magic phase I get soulblight off the Chaos Knights while Fury of Khaine is dispelled.

Both Reapers hit with single bolts on Disc Lord, but are both saved by the incredible ward save (3+ with re-roll 1's). Shades kill two Chaos Warriors.

In combat the Sisters again hit all their 14 attacks, inflicting 7 wounds and enemy rolls one 1, just enough to kill it ! Sisters of Slaughter are incredible killers, but never put them into combat with 1+ units. Nevertheless, they killed off the Skullcrusher unit netting me the points. Hag easily kills all remaining Chaos Knights. With 5 - 7 attacks, in my case even possible 9 attacks because of Timewarp and Fury of Khaine with -4 on armour saves, she is the perfect answer of things the Witches cannot handle. The Cauldron of Blood also makes her so much better (besides witches) as even when she dies eventually, the Cauldron will preserve the points.

Turn 4 - Warriors of Chaos
With only the block of Warriors and the Disc Lord left, it doesn't look good for the enemy at this points. Both my combat blocks are still in good shape and can take the Warriors out in one round of combat when combined. Therefore enemy charges Warriors of Chaos again into Witchstar, but is still too far to make it and fails. Disc Lord flies towards the Warlocks.

Disc Lord continues his killing streak by killing all Warlocks. This does however solve my problem of them blocking the Witchstar for a combined charge on the Chaos Warriors. However, I do not realize this..

Turn 4 - Dark Elves
Now I make another major mistake. An combined charge of the Sisters of Slaughter and Witch Elves combined with Cauldron Impact Hits would for sure had won combat and possibly even destroyed or routed the Warriors. Unfortunately I am still set with a defensive mindset of hammer & anvil. Therefore I shuffle backwards again with Witches, so they could act as anvil where the Sisters could flank charge it as hammer next turn, taking it out. Although this might have worked, I also do not reform the Witchstar into defensive format, but keep them in horde formation.

Both Bolt Throwers miss the Disc Lord, but Shades kill another two Warriors, earning back their points.

Turn 5 - Warriors of Chaos
Warriors of Chaos finally make it into the Witchstar, while Disc Lord flies towards the Shades.

In the magic phase the Disc Lord kills all the Shades, and get a -1 to hit hex on the Witches.

BSB Death Hag accepts the challenge of the BSB Exalted. With -2 to hit however, I fluff my attacks with Hag on the Exalted and she is killed in return. Altough the Witches kill 9 Warriors, 11 get killed in return. I lose combat with 4, and as I didn't have steadfast because of Horde fomation, they run. I roll 8, but enemy caughts them with a roll of 9. They did not only take out the 700 point unit, they were also out of charge arc of the Sisters of Slaughter ! Big loss and battle is changed into favour of the opponent.

Turn 5 - Dark Elves
With only the Sisters of Slaughter and Bolt Throwers left, I reform the Sisters for a last charge on the Warriors.

Combined firepower of the Reapers kill another three Warriors, so only 8 with Exalted left for the Sisters of Slaughter.

Turn 6 - Warriors of Chaos
Luckily the enemy underestimated the Sisters of Slaughter and reforms to accept the charge. Disc Lord flies to shoot at Sisters of Slaughter and Reapers.

I dispell the first magic missile on the Sisters of Slaughter, and luckily enemy changes target towards Bolt Thrower, inflicting one wound. If he had focused fire on the Sisters I think I had lost. At this point he had earned 550 vp alone and killed 3 units and my general.

Turn 6 - Dark Elves
Sisters of Slaughter charge the last Warriors of Chaos to turn the tide.

Reaper Bolt Thrower again both wound the Disc Lord, but both are saved my ward saves (how can you kill this thing !!!)

Sisters of Slaughter have 14 attacks, 14 hit, inflict 9 wounds, and only 1 got saved therefore killing all Warriors ! Returning attacks from Exalted kills only one because of their great ward save, and he runs. Because he is the BSB he dies.

Result:
VP: 1260 - 1220
7 – 7 draw !

Post battle report:
I made some major mistakes and had no idea what to do with the unkillable Disc Lord, but succeeded to kill anything else. I was very satisfied with all my units and the list overall. Luckily the tournament was all about destroying the other, and I scored pretty high. If I had not made the major mistakes, I believe it was possible to win big while preventing losing the big points in a normal tournament as enemy was not the most experienced.

I was also very satisfied with the list, it performs well in every phase of the game and have lots of possibilities regarding shooting and magic. While the Witchstar is very deadly in combat, it were the Sisters of Slaughter who earned me the big points (900 total) this game. I think they are the perfect elite supporting unit for the Witchstar, as small units of Executioners or Black Guard are nice, but nothing compared to the Sisters in all-round lists. All opponents who had never faced them before, underestimated and ignored them as they do know and fear the Witch Elves.

Although I had lost a lot of units myself, I did scored a lot of battle points (7 out of 8 ) so in the second battle I was matched against a more experienced player who had earned the full 8 battle points with his Lizardmen. As the scenario was watchtower, it was time to shine again for the Sisters of Slaughter !
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Battle 2 : Lizardmen

The Lizardmen player brought an original list without Slann. He had one block of 20 Saurus and bus of 10 Cold One Cavarly led by Scar Veteran. The main threat was the Oldblood on Carnisaur, backed by skink skirmishers, chameleon skinks and some terradon riders. His only magic user was a skink priest with beast lore in a bunker of 10 normal skinks.

So only the Saurus block able to take & hold the watchtower and I was looking forward how the Sisters of Slaughter could handle them. Combined charge of Cold One Cavarly and Old Blood could take out the Witchstar, but I had missile superiority so could soften them up. Chameleons and Terradon could threaten the Reaper Bolt Throwers and Supreme Sorceress so had to take them out first. With only one LVL 2 I could also overpower him in the magic phase. Although I still score a lot of points in the last battle, I was determined to not make any mistakes and massacre the enemy.

For magic the Supreme Sorceress got Shems Gaze, Speed of Light, Net of Amyntok and Birona’s Timewarp. Cheap magic missile, perfect for taking out the skinks. Net of Amyntok also perfect to hexing the Terradon Riders of Skinks while Speed of Lights and Birona’s Timewarp could really improve my chances in combat. Enemy got Wyssans Wilfdorm and -1 to hit / dangerous terrain hex.

Deployment
Enemy won the roll and garrisoned the Watchtower with the Saurus block. I deployed my fast cavarly at both flanks with infantry blocks in the centre. This time I deployed Supreme Sorceress inside the Warlocks for some more protection. Reaper Bolt Throwers where deployed in the centre so they could shoot at incoming Cold One Cavarly or Carnosaur. My shades are deployed near deployment zone opposing the Terradon riders, and enemy scouts are deployed opposing the warlocks.

Turn 1 – Dark Elves
Because of watchtower I got first turn !

Sisters of Slaughter assault the Watchtower, other units position to shoot or cast magic missiles on enemy Terradons and Chameleons.

I start with a good magic phase, giving me 7 vs 5 dice. With two dice I cast fireball on the Chameleon Skinks, which is let through an I suddenly kill all of them, nice ! Soulblight on Saurus Warriors is dispelled with all enemy dice, and Sisters get extra attack because of Birona’s Timewarp. Great first magic phase !

Combined shooting inflict three wounds on the Terradon Riders, killing one. He does pass his leadership test however.

10 Sisters of Slaughter have 32 attacks in total, hit 31, inflict 21 wounds, of which 9 are saved, killing 12 Saurus. Wow. They usually hit with 100% of their attacks, of which are 40% to 70% result into wounds. The Saurus return back 12 wounds, of wich 5 are saved, so also only 3 Sisters alive but still. Saurus lose combat, but pass their steadfast break test.

Turn 1 – Lizardmen
Getting blown and smashed to pieces, opponent reacts with Terradon Riders who try to force leadership test on the Dark Riders by dropping stones. Rest of the forces advance towards the tower but doesn’t advance full speed.

In the magic phase enemy gets Wildform on the Cold One Cavarly but as they are not in combat I don’t mind.

Terradon Riders only succeed to kill one dark rider, so no panic test.

Turn 2 - Dark Elves
Sisters of Slaughter assault the Watchtower again, Witchstar moves forwards to provide re-rolls to wound for the assualting Sisters. Dark Riders and Shades move to shoot the last two Terradon riders.

This time I have 12 power dice and in the magic phase Net of Amyntok on the Terradon Riders is dispelled, Soulblight is also dispelled. Then I get Fury of Khaine, Birona's Timewarp and Speed of Lights off on the Sisters of Slaughter so they still bring 13 attacks while with only three left.

Shooting easily dispatch the last Terradon Riders, securing my backfield and artillery.

In combat the Sisters have 13 attacks, hit with 13, inflict 10 wound, killing 6 Saurus, leaving only one two alive. Those two do kill two Sisters of Slaughter, leaving only the Handmaiden of Shards alive. Although the Saurus also killed a lot of Sisters, 10 of these gladiators taking out a garrisoned block of 20 best brick infantry in the game is amazing. Now the Shades could take over the Watchtower and I could preserve the points of the Sisters of Slaughter unit. Saurus hold the tower, so Handmaiden of Shards is placed outside

Turn 2 - Lizardmen
With only his Cold One Riders and Old Blood able to change the battle, he advances but I rightfully scared for the Reaper Bolt Throwers with his Carnosaur. He places Skink Skirmishers in front of the Witches hoping to redirecting them to get a nice flank charge for the Cold One Riders.

In magic the LVL 2 miscats with Wildform on the Cold One Riders and loses the spell plus one level, making his magic phases useless.

I do fear for the live of the heroic champion of the Sisters of Slaughter, but Skink Skirmishers choose to shoot at the Witch Elves (yay!) killing three.

Turn 3 - Dark Elves
I realize the plan of the enemy, and does not declare any charges with the Witchstar. Supreme Sorceress goes into the Dark Riders so the Warlocks can be used more aggresive, and Shades move up to take the watchtower. Last Sister of Slaughter runs towards safety. Witchstar is reformed into defensive format as Hag alone is able to inflict enough wounds to win combat against the Cold One Cavarly and this time keep steadfast is things go wrong.

I only get 3 vs 2 power dice, but the casted Shems Gaze is lucky again and kill 6 Skink Skirmishers ! I also give the Witchstar superfrenzy with Fury of Khaine. Only three power dice, but amazing magic phase again.

Combined artillery fire kill the last four Skinks. Shades kill one Saurus in the building, only 1 alive.

Turn 3 - Lizardmen
Realizing the situation is hopeless, the opponent advances with Oldblood and Cold One Cavarly for next turn charge.

Turn 4 - Dark Elves
Witchstar charges the Cold One Cavarly, Shades assault the Watchtower. Supreme Sorceress go solo as there is nothing that can hurt her and Dark Riders try to redirect Oldblood (but instead I redirect him into my flank lol).

Magic give me Speed of Light and Frenzy on the Witchstar.

Dark Riders pick off the enemy charmed shield, but unfortunately both Bolt Throwers miss.

In combat the Hag fluff her attacks on the Scar Veteran, and Witches also fluff their attacks. I forget to do Impact Hits. I do kill three Cold One Riders. Enemy Scar Veteran only inflict one wound on the BSB Hag, and luckily attacks the Witches with his Cold One Riders, killing 4. I win combat but he holds.

Turn 4 - Lizardmen
Oldblood charges into the flanks of the Witchstar after my failed redirect.

In combat 4 witch elves in base contact with Oldblood go crazy with their poison and inflict four wounds ! Hag kills enemy Scar Veteran and Witches kill another 4 cold one cavarly. In return they kill 11 witches and win combat, but I pass my leadership test on steadfast leadership 9.

Turn 5 - Dark Elves
Warlocks and Dark Riders move up to take out Skinks with Skink Priest.

I get Birona's Timewarop and Speed of Light off the Witches, and Soulblight on the Old Blood.

In combat the BSB Hag kills all Cold One Cavarly, and the Witches succeed to kill the Carnosaur plus inflicting one wound on the Old Blood. He loses combat, breaks and it catched by the Witchstar.

Turn 5 - Lizardmen
The Skinks try to rescue the battle by capturing the watchtower. Priest runs behind the hill out of sight of Bolt Throwers.

In combat the Shades kill 4 skinks, while only losing 1.

Turn 6 - Dark Elves
Warlocks and Dark Riders charge the Skinks and kill it.

Result:
VP: 1600 - 0
8 - 0 Victory !

Post battle report:
As this was the first time the enemy played against Dark Elves I hope that I gave him a good first impression about us. I felt that my list was much stronger than the Lizardmens list, as I outshot, outcasted and outfighted him. The balance bewteen manouevre, magic, shooting and combat is perfect how I experience it, with my magical options (LVL 4, Light, Warlocks, COB) dangerous on their own but also supporting the other phases. I did not made that much mistakes, at least not any major one. The flexibility to reform the Witchstar into defensive format is also great. It was the first time I actually experienced combat with Saurus, and they hit hard ! But luckily the magical boosted Sisters of Slaughter were too much for them. The fact that I didn't lost a single unit was also a new record for me.

By getting 15 out of 16 possible battle points, I was now placed 1st ! Next battle I had to face a giant experienced veteran with his Chaos Dwarfs. As my only encounter with Dwarfs was a absolute massacre, I feared for the worst.
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Battle 3 : Chaos Dwarfs

The Chaos Dwarf player brough an Sorcerer-Prophet as his general, which is LVL 4 Dwarf who is also good in combat. He was supported by BSB Infernal Castellan. They were placed inside 20 strong unit of Infernal Guard, who have 3+ armour save and great weapons. He also fielded 30 Hobgoblin Cutthroats, goblins but then cool. Magma Cannon (oh oh) but I misunderstood that it didn't shot a cannonball, but flame/magma template which inflict D3 wounds. At last he fielded an very impressive model called the K'daai Destroyer, strength and tougness 7, all units in base contact get automatic hits and all non-magical wounds have to be re-rolled and six wounds or something. It did however only had a 4+ ward save.

As I had never played against Chaos Dwarfs I had no idea, but knew the Cannon had to die as fast as possible. K'daai Destroyer was a monster without armour saves, so both Witchstar with poisoned attacks and Sisters of Slaughter could deal with it I thought. If I could take out the cannon I could outshoot the enemy so decided to let him come to me. As this was Blood & Glory scenario I had 6 fortitude, enemy had 5 fortitude. As this was the first time Blood & Glory for me, I was not very careful with my banners however.

For magic the Supreme Sorceress got Pha's Protection, Speed of Light, Banisment and Birona's Timewarp. Enemy got dangerous spells but I don't recall their names. Firestorm or something.

Deployment
We played at the same table as I played against Lizardmen, but I got opposide side. Witchstar in the centre, with Sisters of Slaughter at the flank the K'daai Destroyer was deployed. Fast cavarly at the flanks and Bolt Throwers placed at the back so they could shoot at the K'daai Destroyer. As enemy had only four units he deployed them central, with cannon between Dwarfs and Goblins. Opponent left gap for my Shades to scout so they could charge the cannon in turn 1 or 2.

Although enemy had less deployment slots, I won the roll to start, first turn for the Dark Elves !

Turn 1 – Dark Elves
Shades move up towards the cannon, Supreme Sorceress with Dark Rider bunker move behind the Witchstar for protection against the cannon and Warlocks advance.

Magic is uneventfull as Pha's Protection is dispelled with 2 dispell dice against my 3 power dice.

Both Bolt Throwers hit the K'daai, and one wounds it. As it is an non-magical attack however I have to re-roll so fail to wound the second time. Shades shoot at cannon, but fail to inflict any wounds.

Turn 1 – Chaos Dwarfs
K'daai Destroyer and Infernal Guard move up, while Goblins reform to counter-charge the Shades.

Enemy gets lot of power dice, but I succeed to dispell one and have to scroll the other one (making my Witchstar flammable).

Then the Magma Cannon shoots exactly like cannon, only that instead of cannonball a flame template start at the bounce. It hits three witch elves and all Dark Riders plus Supreme Sorceress. It kills all Witch Elves, three Dark Riders and also wounds the Supreme Sorceress, inflicting three wounds so killing her !!! What ! Ouch.. Losing my general and LVL 4 so fast had not happened before, and also costed me 2 fortitude. I misunderstood the Magma Cannon and had to pay for it directly. Luckily Dark Riders pass their leadership test.

Turn 2 – Dark Elves
Shades charge the Cannon and Warlocks get within 18" to Doombolt the K'daai Destroyer. After the loss of their general infantry block shuffle backwards.

Warlocks succeed with normal Doombolt on the K'daai, and inflict the first two wounds, but both are saved. Reaper Bolt Throwers both hit, but fail to wound because of the re-rolls. Then K'daai fails tougness test and loses its first wound.

In combat the Shades kill two crew of the Magma Cannon who fail to return any damage. They are either stubborn or something and pass their leadership test.

Turn 2 – Chaos Dwarfs
Hobgoblins charge the Shades and K'daai Destroyer charge Warlocks who flee. Infernal Guard advances as fast as possible.

In the magic phase enemy miscasts and lose one level.

In combat the Shades finish off the Cannon, which is 190 points, and Hobgoblins kill all Shades. Nice trade off, if I had only saved the Supreme Sorceress..

Turn 3 – Dark Elves
Warlocks rally and move up towards the flank of the K'daai Destroyer. Infantry block shuffle backwards some more to prevent K'daai from charging with his movement of 9.

I get 7 power dice, and try a boosted Doombolt and the K'daai Destroyer. Two 6's, YES ! However I only do 9 hits, and inflict four wounds, of which four are saved, hmm not good. The K'daai Destroyer does fail tougness test again and loses another wound. This thing is crazy : one doombolt, boosted doombolt and four Reaper single bolts failed to do a single wound to it !

Both Bolt Throwers miss the K'daai Destroyer.

Turn 3 – Chaos Dwarfs
K'daai Destroyer charges the Witchstar, but doesn't make it (needing 10). Rest of the infantry blocks advances.

Turn 4 – Dark Elves
This was the moment for counter-charge as Witchstar could make it on roll of 7, with Warlocks in the flank. They both make it ! Dark Riders provide redirect for the Infernal Guard, but again I redirect them into the flank of the Witches. Next battles I am really going to focus to teach myself how to redirect properly !

I 6-dice boosted Soulblight, but it is scrolled by the enemy.

The first thing that happens is that all models in base contact get strength 5 automatic hit. Two warlocks and four Witch Elves die. Then I get a lot of poisoned attacks on it, but enemy said I also had to re-roll those as they were non-magical, so I fail to wound it. BSB Death Hag with magical attack inflict four wounds, but three are saved. Aaargh, how can this Monster ever die !!! In return the K'daai Destroyer kills 1 warlock and 8 witch elves. I lose combat so Warlocks flee and Witchstar loses Frenzy. This was the turning point, as now the Witchstar flank was easy target for enemy Infernal Guard with his characters.

However, when I was reading the http://1d4chan.org Wikipedia to found out the names of the Chaos Dwarf units, this was mentioned with the K'daai Destroyer : Don't get it into combat with: poison. Therefore I think the enemy was unaware (or cheated) that poisoned hits does not have to be re-rolled, and as I inflicted around 12 poisoned hits/wounds, I would have killed it ! Such a shame, but lesson for me to not blindly trust more experienced players. I actually also asked if the K'daai Destroyer was a Demon for the Banisment, but opponent said no, while internet says yes.

Turn 4 – Chaos Dwarfs
Infernal Guard charges the Dark Riders, I am so stupid to hold (why!).

Enemy general miscasts again, and loses another two levels.

In combat, the Infernal Guard easily dispatch the Dark Riders and overrun into the Witches. Death Hag again inflict four wounds, but three are saved. Although Witches inflict lots of poisoned attacks, it doesn't matter as I have to re-roll them. In return the Witch Elves all got killed and the BSB breaks from combat, dying. At this points my fortitude was down to 1, so I automatically lost the game.

Result:
VP: 180 - 1145
1 - 6 Loss

Post battle report:
It was the first time I faced Chaos Dwarfs and made a major mistake with the placement of the Supreme Sorceress which she had to pay with her life. I also sacrificed the Dark Riders (with banner) for nothing. Besides those two major mistakes I actually handled his army pretty well and could have won big if I had known about the poisoned attacks on the K'daai Destroyer ! But I didn't, so got dropped to 3rd place. Still a great result for my first tournament, but now I discovered this game could have ended very different when played correct not great enough :D

We did however played another turn just for fun !

Turn 5 – Dark Elves
Eager for revanche, the Sisters of Slaughter charge the K'daai Destroyer. Warlocks rally.

Warlocks get 6 power dice, and agains cast boosted Doombolt, this time on the Hobgoblins, killing 17 forcing them to flee.

In combat, the Sisters of Slaughter inflict two wounds, leaving it on his last wound. In return the K'daai Destroyer inflict a lot of wounds, but the 4+ save saves 1/2 of them and only three die. Because of the musician I win combat with one, and the K'daai Destroyer finally dies ! Thank you Sisters of Slaughter for this revanche !
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Tournament Units Reflection

Supreme Sorceress
Got Killed : 2 out of 3
Killed : 5 Chameleon Skinks (50), 6 Skink Skirmishers (36)
Earned VP : 86

Death Hag ++
Got Killed : 1 out of 3
Killed : 5 Chaos Knights (250), Scar Veteran (138), 3 Cold One Cavarly (96)
Earned VP : 484

Witch Elves ++
Killed : 9 Warriors of Chaos (153), 7 Cold One Cavarly (224), Old Blood on Carnosaur (398)
Earned VP : 775

Dark Riders
Killed : Skink Priest (85)
Earned VP: 85

Shades +++
Killed : 4 Warriors of Chaos (68) , 1 Terradon Rider (35), 2 Saurus Warriors (26), 4 Skinks (24), Magma Cannon (190)
Earned VP: 319

Reaper Bolt Throwers +++
Got Killed : 0 out of 3
Killed : 2 Skullcrushers (162), 3 Warriors of Chaos (51), 2 Terradon Riders (70), 4 Skink Skirmishers (24), 4 Infernal Guard (72)
Earned VP: 379

Warlocks ++
Got Killed : 1 out of 3
Killed : Chaos Chariot (125), 6 Skinks (36), 17 Hobgoblins (85)
Earned VP: 246

Sisters of Slaughter ++++
Got Killed : 0 out of 3
Killed : 1 Skullcrusher (81), 8 Warriors of Chaos (136), 1 BSB Exalted (198), 18 Saurus Warriors (252), K'daai Destroyer (380)
Earned VP: 1047
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

After some more playtesting and feedback on the list I found that a small unit of Sisters of Slaughter can support the Witchstar very well, especially because of the buffs of magic. To solve the armour deparment, I will try a small unit of Executioners. Cheap enough to be sacrificed, dangerous enough in combat with knights.

Dreadlord, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Enchanted Shield, Ogre Blade, Ring of Hotek - 249

10 Har Ganeth Executioners - 120
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70

10 Sisters of Slaughter, Musician - 160
5 Warlocks - 125

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

I took the following list to the 1600 battle against Empire for local campaign tonight.

Supreme Sorceress, LVL 3, Metal Magic, Dispell Scroll, Ironcurse Icon 215

Master, Pegasus, Lance, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, RXB 191
BSB, Death Hag, Witchbrew 140

5 Dark Riders, Shields, Repeater Crossbows – 100
5 Dark Riders - 80
10 Witch Elves, Musician – 120

Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower – 70
21 Executioners, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness 297

5 Warlocks – 125

Enemy had block of 20 swordmen with Arch Lector, BSB Captain and LVL 4 Light with detachment of 5 archers, 10 crossbowmen also with detachment of 5 archers, 3 demigryps, steamtank, helblaster and captain on pegasus.

Impossible to make battle report as we played until turn 10 with lot of random kills by the jungle terrain itself against me and opponent but in the end I got more lucky and scored a 3 - 2 win ! From now on hope to play with the 2400 lists again. Feedback on the tournament battles and Skaven battle is still welcome !
DarkSky
Corsair

Post by DarkSky »

Hi Lord Drakon,

excellent battle reports as always. I never manage to actually draw all these battle report diagrams, just taking photos. So huge thumps up for that.

Regarding the 1st battle versus Chaos Warriors: I think your deployment was very strong and payed of perfectly during the game, especially the fact that the bolt throwers were your only chance against Skullcrushers and you leveraged them perfectly.

I don't however agree with your assessment of the Sisters (and Witches) regarding 1+ units. If they are few in number and so expensive like the WoC ones, it is very advisable to send them in. Your opponent was just incredibly lucky with his armour rolls. The same is true for the fight Chaos Knights vs. Witch Elves. With 13 wounds you usually diminish his unit by two knights which cost ~100 points alone, also leaving only a few counterattacks. This probably led to the conclusion, that your Warlocks need to charge the Chaos Knights, I would have expected you to charge the flank of the Chaos Warriors or stay behind them to Doombolt.

You already mentioned the mistakes in turn 4. On the diagrams it's hard to imagine how you could have overlooked that opportunity, but you already mentioned your mindset, that you were "the shooter" and your opponent the "attacker". This is also relevant for the Disclord. Your mindset and lack of knowledge of the enemy spells prevented you from seeing, that you need to be in close combat for as long as possible. For the Disclord: The best bet would have been to get him into close combat, then win by combat resolution. Preferably turned away from your other units, so that he can't cast magic missiles anymore.

All in all, it is certainly easy seeing mistakes after the game is concluded after you already pointed out so many details. What I am trying to say: "Well played!"
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Thank you for your reply Darksky !

Next sunday I will attend my second and biggest tournament so far, called Bloodstorm Mini. It more focused on fun instead of competitiveness and cheesy lists are not welcome. 1000 points, 40% core, only 100 points on rare, nothing can be more than 250 points.

Sorceress, Dark Steed, LVL 1, Dispel Scroll, Lore of Metal 115
Master, BSB, Sea Dragon Cloak, Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone 135

5 Dark Riders, Shields, Repeater Crossbows, Standard Bearer 110
10 Witch Elves, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame 150
10 Witch Elves, Full Command 140

5 Shades, Additional Hand Weapons, Standard Bearer 100
1 Reaper Bolt Thrower 70
1 War Hydra, Fiery Breath 180

What do you guys think ?

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Lacking high S.
Wouldn't you wish to increase shades to 10 with GW and merge the depleted WE into a single unit?
The master BSB would better mount a peggy.

You probably have way too many command group members... except where it matters most:
DR need a muso. All other command group are questionable, especially on minimal sized units.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}