Saint's first battle in a while

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Saint's first battle in a while

Post by Saintofm »

Hello. I got a chance to get into an impromptu game. I had initialy brought stuff for a Kings of War Game, and random stuff I used for DND but in the end I got enough to get a thousand points in. Huzza.

2v2. My opponents had undead and a whole lot of Orruks (not sure what they were called, just that they were the Black Orks that looked like they were in space marine armor, with at least 3 mounted on the biggest pigs I've seen on the table top) and some trolls. The undead guy had one the big guys on the flying monster thing, 2 units of 20 or 30 skelitons, and a pharoh on a chariot.

My team mate had Seraphon, including the Anklosour with the engine doom laser gen, several souras guards, and a cavalry unit of the sourus warriors.

My Minies:

Black Ark Admiral (used the Dark Elf Princess with a sword in each hand from Avitars of War
https://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/ ... ncess+(kit)&id=118&Itemid=53

My thoughts: I didn't use her much, so my oppinion is meddling, but it was fun to use her in combat.

20 Dark Shards: Will have to post figures but its a mix of 6th/7th edd crossbowmen and kitbashing with High Elf Archers and spare Dark Elf bits. So far, I think these guys were alot of fun. I have the 16 inch range, but getting 40 shots on 4+ rolls was awsom, and next time will have 2 of them to blot out the sky with my bolts.

High Elf Bolt Thrower: Used my Dark elf one. The two shots nearly killed the big guy, and doing a 12 shot option finished off the oroch hero. With a 36 inch range, it was fun. Good thing I have 2.

Sorceress on foot: Used aa Reaper mini, forget which one, for her. She managed to get a few spells off. The fun part was she ended up in combat and for the three or so turns she was in combat they kept missing each other.

20 COrsairs: They didn't get a chance. Will try them again later with a large number, and maybe another 20 with handbows as I like the idea of shoot and charge, but they got rammed by a few of the big guys at once and they went first.

Medusa: She didn't do alot of damage, but her attacks managed to kill off a couple of orcs, and her stare did some damage. Ganna try her on the shrine later.

Hero on Griffon: Had to barrow this from one of them, but basically it got alot of attacks. As his command abilities only effected units of the swifthawk agents, but his charge range and attack ability were fun enough
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Saint's first battle in a while

Post by Calisson »

Even if I never played KoW, it is nice to hear from old mates! :)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Well, at least it gives me something to play in lulls of people wanting to do Age of Sigmar. Means I have to get the current generals handbook now.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
EmilyWan
Slave on the Altar

Post by EmilyWan »

welcome back) good to see old players settling in again)
my gaming blog