assasins

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Bobs
Slave on the Altar

assasins

Post by Bobs »

:twisted: In white dwarf no. 287 it stated that an assasin could hide behind enemy lines, is this true, !evil!
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

With the revision an assassin can deploy as a scout.

So, as long as he is 10" away and out of sight from the enemy, he could deploy behind the enemy's line.

Sha'a'alaar
Purple whisper
Noble

Post by Purple whisper »

I haven't got White Dwarf 287 nearby, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to...

An assassin can be hidden in one of your own infantry units, or he can be deployed as a Scout (that might be called "behind enemy lines" in the fluff).

In addition, there is one special character, Shadowblade, that can hide in enemy units.
Cronos
Assassin

Post by Cronos »

no, the only rules I know for definate though are that he can hide in an infantry unit, by replacing one of the models, which cannot be a command model, each turn your opponent rolls a D6 if he rolls a 1 then shadowblade has been discovered , this is treated like he has charged the unit he was in.
Kulrik (Group 39)
WS:4 S:4 T:4 D:2 I:4
Class: Warrior
Equipment: Light armour, Sea dragon cloak, Mace, Dagger.
Inventory: -
Skills: -
Bleys
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bleys »

The rules you mention, Charnel, are the older rules. The new, official rules (as printed in Chronicles 2004) get rid of the scatter dice and hiding anywhere on the battlefield. What Strykaar lists is the main gist of his new special hidden rules.
Currently Listening To: In Flames