Panic for breaking or destroyed friendly unit

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dy
Executioner

Panic for breaking or destroyed friendly unit

Post by Dy »

The distance from where take the 6" is said to be the unit breaking, but for destroyed unit from where have I to measure? From last model killed or from the nearest model of the unit befor removeing casualtis (so that have to work the same for breaking units)?
Keep your soul alive... while awaiting for me.
Bemenacth
Beastmaster

Post by Bemenacth »

I'd say from the nearest model killed before removing causalties, but I don't think there is actually a fixed rule for it.
Black fox
Corsair

Post by Black fox »

From the nearest model of the unit after removing casualtis, thats how we play
Only two things are infinite, the universe and high elves stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Mirz do ordas
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mirz do ordas »

from the nearest before removing casualities, just the size the unit was before the combat.
At least, that is how I play it.
When my opponent agrees on a rule, I must have been wrong
Hruggek
Assassin

Post by Hruggek »

For Unit broken I take the fighting rank to declare the distance (since it is broken in combat).
If the Unit is utterly destroyed, I take the distance from the whole destroyed unit, the closest to the friendly troops (since it is Unit destroyed).
Fluff is cool, fluff is funny, fluff is nice. But fluff will put no dinner on your plate!
Talath kirdhur
Corsair

Post by Talath kirdhur »

For Unit broken I take the fighting rank to declare the distance (since it is broken in combat ).

I don't think this is right as the whole UNIT is broken.
We play from the nearest before removing casualities that round.
You know life is good when you have an asur gaged and hanging from his feet just out of reach of your Cold One.
Bleys
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bleys »

If you always pick the closest point (or point that was clsoest before the unit ceased to exist) you won't go wrong. How you go about determining where that point was if the unit is wiped out is up to you, but generally it can be pretty easily "eyeballed" and then measured.

If there's any doubt, just take the test :D At the very least you'll get good sportsmanship scores in a tournament :D
Currently Listening To: In Flames
Dy
Executioner

Post by Dy »

Yeah, the thing was that sure i take measure from nearest model remained, but for destroyed unit ther's no model, so if I take from the nearest model before remove casualties, I have to do so also with broken unit (against the rules).

Or I take from the last model removed, anyway it's an house rule.

In a question:
I've to take measure before or after removing casualties?
Asger
Highborn

Post by Asger »

The only option that makes any sense is to take the test on any units within range before models are removed.

Otherwise no test would be taken when units are destroyed. It isn't clearly stated but it is the only reasonable solution.

Asger
100% grumpiest in the universe!

Have you heard about the most ambitious Warhammer project attempted to date? For details, check the ETC homepage; www.abfab.net
Hruggek
Assassin

Post by Hruggek »

Ooooops! I played the whole time the wrong way? :roll:
Sorry for wrong interpretation....
Fluff is cool, fluff is funny, fluff is nice. But fluff will put no dinner on your plate!
Luthien tinuviel
Dark Rider

Post by Luthien tinuviel »

In case of broken: measure from nearest model after casualities are removed. After all, they are dead, they cannot be broken any longer.
In case of destroyed: measure from the nearest model that was at the beginning of CC, before blows were dealt, as each and every model was destroyed.
Peace is simply the most dishonest type of war...
Dy
Executioner

Post by Dy »

So i've to use two different rules for the same rule's test (test in 6" if unit broken/destroyed), it's better a model remains to be broken, may be a big difference of measuration...

Yes for broken is said nearly clear, but when destroyed :?
Talath kirdhur
Corsair

Post by Talath kirdhur »

I think it's pretty clear that most interpret the rule for breaktest when unit gets destroyed, as 6" from nearest model before removing casualities.
You know life is good when you have an asur gaged and hanging from his feet just out of reach of your Cold One.