Rumours of 7th ed. DE Army book (?)

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

thefanaticking wrote:I remember hearing those hydra rumours somewhere else as well...

Also the whole armor piercing thing Is something along the lines of using WS instead of S for your armour save modifier.
For Ex. WS 4 = -1 WS 5 = -2.

I believe they are considering this for all elves not just Druchii.

Interesting concept. Hello Assassins?

I don't know, I feel like this is too easy a way of sidestepping strength. For instance corsairs, that -1 AS from their WS is already an incredible boost. Blackguard as well, -2 AS. Then just imagine characters. Who would get armor saves against assassins or Highborn? Not to mention making poisoned attacks a better version of killing blow.
Thefanaticking
Cold One Knight

Post by Thefanaticking »

What can I say maybe Elves will be as deadly as they are supposed to be. ;)

It also may be up to a certain point like max -3 or whatever.
Like i said i've heard about it a few times but nothing concrete.
Last edited by Thefanaticking on Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

But GOD would it be fun if I didn't get beat down every time I played. That idea is completly unrealistic unless it like started at 5 for -1 and then for every 2 up you get an additional -1. So that way highborns would be like str 5 and assassins would be -3. They still have to wound though too.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

thefanaticking wrote:What can I say maybe Elves will be as deadly as they are supposed to be. ;)

True, but then we'll just be more expensive.

I think it would just feel weird as a general Elf rule. I mean, there are certainly humans, dwarfs, and others that are just as skilled (some Knights, Longbeards, etc), but Elves get the special treatment.
Thefanaticking
Cold One Knight

Post by Thefanaticking »

Keep in mind you would still have to wound. Str 3/4?

Oh and our toughness is still 3... so we still are frail.

Graceful has to count for something huh!
Every other race has their thing why not the elves.
At this point they are just slightly better humans.
Kold
Black Guard

Post by Kold »

IMO rxb bolts are smaller and have less strenght when hits than rxb or longbow ammo. But rxb are so quick too...
I think the solution could be:
Repeater crossbow:
1 shot: range 24" S3 Poisoned
2 shot: range 18" s2 Poisoned

What do you think?
...kill'em all
Feinagh
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Feinagh »

Lexy wrote:Beastmaster on manticore for one hero slot?
Yeah right and have an army with 4 manticores on the other side of the table as an opponent.

Oh, I see you're the subtle kind of guy. Who on earth would field 4 manti ?
My point is that no other "sub-dragon" flying mount uses a extra hero slot. Why should we, the so-called weak Druchii be penalised? Because the rider is a hero? Bullshit. No use giving option if it's overpriced.
Feinagh Menkhadath
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Feinagh wrote:
Lexy wrote:Beastmaster on manticore for one hero slot?
Yeah right and have an army with 4 manticores on the other side of the table as an opponent.

Oh, I see you're the subtle kind of guy. Who on earth would field 4 manti ?
My point is that no other "sub-dragon" flying mount uses a extra hero slot. Why should we, the so-called weak Druchii be penalised? Because the rider is a hero? Bullshit. No use giving option if it's overpriced.
No other sub-dragon mount in the same league as the manticore can be taken in less than 2000 points, without taking up a rare slot. Give me two hero slots over a hero and a rare anyday.

As for elven WS counting as S, remember the wood elf book was designed with 4th ed in mind and so isn't going to be updated for ages. Think we can pretty much write off any pan-elven special rules like that.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Viper
Highborn

Post by Viper »

I like the RXB idea of one shot treat as a regular Crossbow. Except make it still range of 24" and move and shoot.

Poison is killer vs. high toughness targets but is really not all that much more effective against armored opponents. As my witchelves charginging into Knights of the Realm can attest. I like the idea of shades taking the poison which fluff wise would make sense since they are hillbillies living in rural areas. But not for core troops.

Strength 3 attacks do well vs toughness 3 opponents with light armor but loses effectiveness drastically with more T and Better armor. This is the reason why some kind of upgrade would be welcome. Posion would help kill the lightly armored giant easily enough but will not rule knights and heavy infantry. So armor piercing is not that bad of an option on RXBs , since they help a little on the armor problem without making them handguns. Just get tired of having to roll 5's and 6's to hit and then 6's to wound while they have to roll anything but a 1 to save (and some getting a ward save after that fails.)

There are a few armies out there that do not suffer some penalties such as moving and shooting, long range etc. I would love that for our DR. Move and shoot is preferable since double shot would be way too powerful and the dr should be moving most of the time. Maybe the Riders are so trained with their mounts that they can shoot without penalty from riding. Or maybe elves with their keen eyesight do not suffer long range penalties.
Good, bad, I am the guy with the reapter bolt thrower.
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

I think weapon skill making the -str modifyers would be great till we see chaos lords. At least with str 5-7 we can have armour saves to some of what they dish out . Yeah not the greatest but at least we get something. Where as WS we might as well just let characters like that slaughter entire armies.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Vallorn deathblade
Noble

Post by Vallorn deathblade »

right im not trying to criticise but poisened R-XB's would be HUGLY over powered unless it went somthing like *all models in the unit may have poisened X-bow bolts for +5 points* and thats PLUS normal X-bow costs.

as for the rest of these rumours well some are...ok but most of them make me want to go and slaughter a cow!!!! :badh:
Belial. wrote:Fighting Eldacar over fluff is like fighting Socrates over philosophy...

Alkkrision wrote:-Alkkrision: Druchii.net's own source of bad ideas :).
Skandalix
Assassin

Post by Skandalix »

Hmmm I think that thread became a ¨what we espect from 7th ed. DE Armybook¨rather than ¨rumours of DE 7th ed. book¨:)

However I´d like two put my two cents, I also share the feeling that after being quite difficult to play (ekhem meant weak ;) ) army we should get some overpowered stuff. As other army have them (Skav, Empire, Bret, even new O&G). It would be just fair IMHO!! My expectations of changes in our list are as below:

* Highborn/Nobles: as they are but with new Honour/Kindreds. Why Wood elf hero can become Wardancer and our nobles can´t have Executioner aspect?? Why HE Commander can become White Lion leader and our HB cannot be Black Guard leader? DAMN even Ogres have their Big Names!!!

* Sorceresses: they are ok but should have lvl 2 upgrade at the same price as other armies so 35 pts

* Assassin: free additional hand weapon; free Killing blow, allowence to buy poisoned RXbow & Poisoned hand weapons; other things as they are now including cost

* Witch Elves High Priestess: this character should come back...as only models with allowence to the temple of Khaine are the Assassins & Hags... to differ them more from Nobles they should maybe have also some bound spell given (like Warrior Priests in Empire)

* Beastmasters: they are ok, can´t complain. The reason they appear rarely on battlefield is because as for Beast masters they don´t really support much their pets... so maybe some minor rules like: re-roll stupity for CO in 12", Stubborn for monster while with BM (that counts for Hydra and Manti only), BM same rules as apprentices in Hydras unit

* Warriors: they are OK, cheap, expendable rank´n´file unit. To be fair they should cost 9pts with compulsory Sh. Option to buy RXbows for 3pts

* Dark Riders: two option of taking them /1.Spear, RXbow, Fast Cav OR /2.Lance, HA, Sh both worth 23pts/model

* Corsairs: Skirmish or Raiders rule (like beasts). I know it´s nothing new but right now they have no raider aspect at all. Pirates organized in rank´n´file just don´t fit well IMO. They could stay at the same price then.

* Cold One Chariots: they are fine. great threat but with great risk (stupidity). Also the BM would allow them to re-roll stupidity. It´s not my wish but i predict they will have spears already included but will no longer be 2 for 1 Spec slot

* Cold One Knights: as we all know cav prices go up. So I predict they won´t change. Just sligthly price increased. Maybe 30pts. And I´m kinda not worried bout that. Because they would become quite balanced comparing to other heavy cav

* Shades: Poisoned RXbow, 16pts/model; some people would like to see two hand weapons on them but then they would be too similar to Waywatchers. So Shades would have to move to Rare units. I prefer to keep them in Special.

* Harpies: as they are now. Although they shouldn´t cause panic in DE

* Executioners: I´m rather happy of them as they are. Probably Draichs should differ from normal GW so armour piercing would be nice (as they are best work of our blacksmiths). Maybe they´ll cost 1pt more coz right now they are quite cheap as for statistics they have.

* Witch Elves: Khaine Blood-drinkers rule- frenzy, 6+ ward & MR (1) while frenzied. Otherwise same as are

* Reaper Bolt Throwers: no changes

* Black Guard: S4 but normal hatred, otherwise no changes, price same (there should be a magic banner in DE mitems that will protect them from shooting, otherwise there will be no battle hitters)

* War Hydra: WS4, S5, T6, W6, D6+1 attacks!! (you never know how many heads will strike) breath weapon S4; can shoot after marching, AS 4+

* Cauldron of Blood: re-roll to wound first turn all Druchii in 24", Witches never lose frenzy in 24"; ward while frenzy incresed to 5+, provides MR (1) to all DE units within 18" (for WE it´s cumulative, so they become MR2), Cauldron itself has MR(2). My argumantation for MR is that Witches and Sorceresses do not like each other... so Witches need some magic protection for defending their temples from evil spells. In that way we´ll see some Druchii armies with no Sorc at all!! That would be REAL Khaine temple army at last...

* Manticore: S6, W5, A3 + 1 poisoned tail attack; slighly increased cost

That´s all, what ya think fellas??
Don't regret the things you did... regret the things you didn't do!!

W:10/D:3/L:4
R4v3n
Executioner
Location: at home. on my computer. playing counter-strike source. or maybe World of Warcraft.

Post by R4v3n »

personally, i think our army is fine. well the cahracter section could be improved(a lot) but the rest of the bunch is going fine. maybe some better magic banners, items, ect, have the CoB w/ a better ward save. but other than that we are ok. for the poisened RxB's, that would be unbalanced. i know becuase if it was free, and thats what im assuming you mean, then you could fit in 60 poisened RxB shot per turn at 500pts. and thats only 2 units.

to people that say dark elves are a weak army-how do you like it when i have my dark riders behind your uber unit of something or other, my CoK's w/ bsb w/ hydra banner about to charge you. and having my WE rip through your lightly armoured core units.
this post was brought to you by R4V3N !D34Z™. a registered trademark of idiots.inc
Master of assissins
Slave on the Altar

Post by Master of assissins »

i think it would really be great if they brought out some new minis, i mean 1 box set thats sad we need some corsairs or something and some DR would be really dood we also need a good noble/highborn model and a special unit box set would be good but maybe thats going too far.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

moved to ideas
Avian
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Avian »

Viper wrote:I like the RXB idea of one shot treat as a regular Crossbow. Except ...

That doesn't actually work. A crossbow is drawn to the same length no matter how fast you shoot, thus the power of the shot would be the same.

It's the same with modern hand guns. The impact from each bullet is the same no matter how quickly it is fired. You will have an easier time hitting if you fire more slowly, but each bullet will not hit any harder.
;)
Let them sit in their towers of stone
Let them raise a wall of flesh and steel a hundred yards deep across my path
That will not save them
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

* Black Guard: S4 but normal hatred, otherwise no changes, price same (there should be a magic banner in DE mitems that will protect them from shooting, otherwise there will be no battle hitters)

Why would you want them to be downgraded to having normal hatred instead of the extremely fluffy eternal hatred? :?

Personally I would love the idea for a poisoned weapon OPTION for our x-bows. 1 point per model would be way too cheap, but with a more fair price (or a max. of 1 unit) I can see it happening.
A special rule that gives everything AP attacks would seem a bit over the top...maybe only for close combat weapons or only for spear warriors. I would still love a rule like that, just don't see it happen anytime soon (hope I'm wrong though) ;)
I also hope they will change Harpies dramtically, to make them far more special and unique (innate boundspell ability for example) at least they should cause fear or be immune to psychology so they aren't useless against undeath/demonic armies.
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Teech
Cold One Knight

Post by Teech »

Some observstions on Corsairs:
1. They should be utility troops to a large extent having to deal with a variety of conditions.
2. Need to be able to skirmish and rank up to two in for c/c results.
3. Need repeating crossbows.
4. Two hw and sdc as given.
5. Should be possible to field RBT crew with the sdc too.

Beast master - could be S4 given that he has to wrestle with these monsters an' all.

Armour Saves: DE armour looks pretty good for light should be HA for all and maybe extra heavy for B Gd and Exe.

B Gd - dfinately need a ward save or beter armour.
Viper
Highborn

Post by Viper »

i love the idea of making the Cauldron of blood give MR to units with range of red fury. It would then actually be tough to decide between it and my RBTs.

I would also make harpies core 0-1 choice does not count for minimal core choice. As they are currently designed. Or keep them special but make them a little better. Oh sure they are cheap flyers, but they are also pretty useless.

Give the shades (hillbillies of DE army) poison rxbs as option for a few more points per model.
Good, bad, I am the guy with the reapter bolt thrower.
Banshee
Highborn
Location: I say go, she say yes, Dim the light, you can guess the rest!

Post by Banshee »

Ahem - this is not a what-do-you-want-from-7th-ed-dark-elves-army-book thread, but a rumors thread! So please stop posting your dreams and stay to actual rumors.
Damnation wrote:And remember, every time you use excessive punctuation, a random brain lobe deactivates itself.
Cenyu wrote:Warhammer: Age of Reckoning: Introducing BOB ROSS as Malekith's new personal paint artist!