7th Ed. Prayers

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kreoss
Noble

7th Ed. Prayers

Post by Kreoss »

I know the new Empire is coming out soon, but until then I've become curious about one thing:

"Prayers never affect a model's mount"

With 7th Ed. does it overwrite the rulebook where it says that mount and rider are considered one model and share effects? Like how riders are stupid if the mount is, and the mount is frenxies if the rider is, etc. I know "specific" rules usually rule out the general rules, but I'm not sure here.
Reinhardt
Trainee Warrior

Post by Reinhardt »

I always heard the specific rules in the army book take precidence of the rulebook. So I would assume for now the prayers still dont affect the mount. However, from what Ive heard the 7th. ed prayer are going to be "Improved"; to what extent I dont know, but mabey the will now include the mount. I hope so because then the Griffon might be worth including in a list.

Long reign Karl Franz :twisted:
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Dose this mean that if the rider has a ward save the mount also benifits from it?

Like how riders are stupid if the mount is

Well this adds a bit more to the "Why Cold Ones arent so great" list.

I would say that the rules in the army book do rule over the BRB but this will probalby change with the new army book.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

I'd say that if the spell specifically states they do not affect the mounts, then they do not affect the mounts.

Fr0
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

also it is only a finite amount of things that also affect the mount. it isnt a blanket rule. so you go by case by case basis.
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

Alright. I was prepping my Witch Hunters (The RoR) for some VC killing action, and I just wanted to clear this up before I starting tossing Wilhelm Hasburg's prayers around thinking they'd now affect mounts, too. Hammer of Sigmar would indeed be nasty if I could get rider+monster mount to reroll wound rolls.