7th ED ?'s.......Confused All Over Again!!

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

7th ED ?'s.......Confused All Over Again!!

Post by Prince of arnheim »

So i've had a couple 7th ED battles now VS High Elves and Chaos.

I am wondering about the following things.

1.Is the Redirect rule completely gone now? Shadowblade tried to charge a unit of fleeing Marauders. I know they a get a flee roll on 2D6. Does Shadoeblade just get a normal charge move or does he get the charge move as well as a pursuit move??? Does he have to be Unit Strength 5 to wipe the unit out completely?? Or does he just get to attack the Marauders in the back if he manages to charge them?If he cannot charge them can he charge a unit that was closer? I am guessing no since he should have charged the closest unit in the first place which was a lone BSB. I am confused o this because I thought single characters could ignore closest targets.

2. Hellcannons must have LOS to shoot right? If it on ground level and there is a bunch of stuff in the way blocking LOS then they cannot shoot at what they cannot see correct?

3. Feigned flight is totally different than a panic flee for Fast Calvary right?

4. How does this work. MY enemy chargees a unit of corsairs in his movement phase with a single chaos champion. Then in his following shooting phase he hits the Corsair unit with a hellcannon template shot. Does he have to randomise to see if his Champion was hit since it is in base contact with my corsairs but hasn't fought the CC phase yet?
Last edited by Prince of arnheim on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

1) No more re-direct. If you charge a fleeing unit then it flees again, if its flee roll + Distance between its inital position and the charging unit is greater then the maximum charge range of the charger then it escapes and the unit fails charge (unless it can make an enemy in the way move). If the roll wasn't high enough then the marauders get killed by the charger and the charger moves his full charge range forward, and may make an enemy in the way move if the situation permits it.

2) That is correct, but I have a hunch that the Hellcannon is a larget target.

3) Feigned flight? WTF is that? Do you mean Hit and Run? If so yes it is different from the other two things, it has its own special rules.

Ras
Pleased to be back
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

3) Feigned flightis in the new rulebook! I don't have it here with me but it is in there for F's sake! It is when Fast Calvary Voluntarily flee from a charge. They can shoot and move in the next turn if they rally. This different than if they flee from panic as they cannot shoot or charge after this.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Oh yeah, so it is. Not used to it having a special name. But yes it is special, and for all special rules see the passage on p70.
Pleased to be back
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Re: 7th ED ?'s.......Confused All Over Again!!

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Is the Redirect rule completely gone now?

yes it is gone -- it has been replaced with "enemies in the way"

Shadowblade tried to charge a unit of fleeing Marauders. I know they a get a flee roll on 2D6. Does Shadoeblade just get a normal charge move or does he get the charge move as well as a pursuit move???

You only get a pursuit move if you won a combat. It was the same way in 6th edition. If you charge a unit that is already fleeing, it has to flee again as a charge reaction. It is the same as charging any other unit that flees as a charge reaction. Roll to see how far it moves and then see if you can reach it with a normal charge

Does he have to be Unit Strength 5 to wipe the unit out completely??

no -- if you charge and catch a fleeing enemy, you wipe them out. US 5 only applies to the situation when a unit flees *through* an enemy unit

If he cannot charge them can he charge a unit that was closer? I am guessing no since he should have charged the closest unit in the first place which was a lone BSB. I am confused o this because I thought single characters could ignore closest targets.

no, you cannot redirect. And where do you get the idea that anything needs to charge the closest targte?

2. Hellcannons must have LOS to shoot right? If it on ground level and there is a bunch of stuff in the way blocking LOS then they cannot shoot at what they cannot see correct?

I don't know. What does it say in the Hellcannon rule? Read them and find out. If it says they fire like a stonethrower, then refer to the new stonethrower rules.

3. Feigned flight is totally different than a panic flee for Fast Calvary right?

Feigned flight is just the rule that allows you to move and shoot in a turn when you rally if you fled as a charge reaction in the previous turn. If you fled for some other reason, like panic, terror, or breaking from combat, it doesn't apply.

4. How does this work. MY enemy chargees a unit of corsairs in his movement phase with a single chaos champion. Then in his following shooting phase he hits the Corsair unit with a hellcannon template shot. Does he have to randomise to see if his Champion was hit since it is in base contact with my corsairs but hasn't fought the CC phase yet?[/quote]

Read the rules on templates. If the template touches the chaos champion, he can be hit. Otherwise, he cannot.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Prince of arnheim
Renegade Reaver

Thanks for the true and honest reply Lord Tvar!

I appreciate it alot. I think I am getting a pretty good grip on the new rules. Just needed some confirmations!

Thanks again!