Cult of Slaanesh Army List Question

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Brentrb
Trainee Warrior

Cult of Slaanesh Army List Question

Post by Brentrb »

I'm trying to build a 2250 point Cult of Slaanesh army. So I've been messing around with the army lists using army builder and I noticed that army builder allows me to give the Banner of Wrath to some units. Is this legal to give the Banner of Wrath to, say, a unit of Chaos Warriors? From my reading of the army composition rules, I'm not sure. The only Chaos standard it specifically mentions is the Rapturous standard, saying that any Dark Elf unit with the Mark of Slaanesh may take it. The Chaos Warriors though, are they considered a Dark Elf unit under the Cult of Slaanesh army? Do they get access to Chaos standards or Dark Elf standards? Chaos characters can't use Dark Elf magic items, so that means they have to use Chaos magic items, right? So I assume the same would be true for the Chaos Warriors. But then, Army Builder says Devotees of Slaanesh can use the Banner of Wrath, and from reading the army composition rules, I'm sure that's not the case. Can anyone clear this up for me so I can complete my army list?

Thanks.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Welcome to D.net

A CoS army cannot use the Banner of Wrath with DE units. Although the Chaos units may be able too, Im not sure there as I have never used it before.

The Chaos Warriors do not have access to DE magic banners or items and vice-versa unless specified.

I hope that helps you. Just for next time try space out your post as it makes it easier to read for all of us, thanks.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

Implicitily Chaos units can use the normal Chaos options so a unit of Chaos Warriors can take the Banner of Wrath. Devoted can not use the Banner of Wrath as it is not a Slaanesh-only Chaos item, this is a mistake in whatever army builder you are using.
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

-Chaos units and characters may only use chaos magic items.
-Dark Elf Characters and unit may use dark elf magic items and those chaos items that say "models with the MOS only".
Pleased to be back
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

moved to rules where it belongs