Overrun! - or is it?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Antinchip
Warrior

Overrun! - or is it?

Post by Antinchip »

Seeking clarity from the more experienced please!

If a charging unit wipes out the charged unit can it continue it's charge into fresh enemy?

The Overrun! rule on page 43 of the rulebook doesn't seem to fit this scenario and the rest of the rules in the close combat section concern flight and pursuit - clearly no-one left to run away.

My question arises from a battle with High Elves last week when my highborn on black dragon was trying to deal with two repeater bolt throwers lined up about three inches apart. I flew over and landed to one side of them to catch both with the breath weapon but only managed to kill one member each crew that turn. Next turn I tried the breath weapon again (they has passed their terror test) rather than charging since I wanted to deal with both in one go. On reflection five S5 attacks plus the highborn's would have been better than one S4 hit (subject to dice rolls of course - not a good day with the dice anyway!!) if I could have been assured of taking out both units. My worry was that even if I had wiped out one bolt thrower I would have to wait until my next turn to have another go!

This does lead to another query - can RBT's gain line of sight on a target in the movement phase by pivoting on the spot and still shoot without penalty in the shooting phase. In other words do RBT's essentially benefit from a 360 degree arc of sight rather than the 90 degree arc set out on page 8 of the rulebook?

Thanks in anticipation of your help and guidance.

Cheers

Anthony
Mmckeddie
Assassin

Post by Mmckeddie »

yes you can overrun and yes they can pivot to shoot you
Death becomes you
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Mmckeddie is 100% correct.
Antinchip
Warrior

Post by Antinchip »

Thank you both. Presumably then for overrun contact with a new enemy unit the "pursuit into fresh enemy" rules on page 45 of the rulebook apply?

Cheers

Anthony
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

Presumably then for overrun contact with a new enemy unit the "pursuit into fresh enemy" rules on page 45 of the rulebook apply?

Yep
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)