Druchii Anointed

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Javert
Beastmaster

Druchii Anointed

Post by Javert »

The Druchii Anointed (by far the greastest character ever), in the Cult of Slaanesh PDF army list, it says that because the Anointed is not Daemonic, it can only join Dark Elf units - I don't understand. Can it join units like Chaos Knights and Chaos Warriors because they are not Daemonic?
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

Cult of Slaanesh PDF wrote:...can only join Dark Elf units
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

Yes, I did see that. But Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knights are not daemons, so why does it say "He does not count as Daemonic, and so can only join Dark Elf units." Why would he be unable to join Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knights if they aren't daemonic?
"Ghost"

Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

Since they aren't dark Elves!
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Does it really matter? (:
Cult of Slaanesh is gone for good (yay) with the release of 7th edition book.
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

SilverHeimdall wrote:Does it really matter? (:

For friendly games, yes it does matter ;)
Vonkrieglitz
Beastmaster

Post by Vonkrieglitz »

Pretty black and white actually. Can only join Dark Elf units. Therefore cannot join Daemons and Chaos units... as they are not Dark Elves.
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

I was going to update it for 7th Edition for personal use. I was just wondering why it would say he couldn't join Chaos units, I'm not just going to put that he can join Chaos units if there's this rule in the old edition just because I want to - I just don't think it's justified. Basically, what I'm asking is, is the rule a mistake? Because it doesn't make sense to me.
"Ghost"

Group 19 Moderator
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

If there would be a mistake, it would be in the reasoning. The rule 'may only join Dark Elf units' is crystal clear.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Lamekh wrote:
SilverHeimdall wrote:Does it really matter? (:

For friendly games, yes it does matter ;)

Friendly games or not, the CoS will be illegal with the release of 7th edition because of balance sake.

I mean come on... an army with core shades with GW? No way.
Aginor26
Executioner

Post by Aginor26 »

Annointed is still essentially a dark elf. He cant join chaos units, end of story, makes perfect sense.
"Walk softly, and carry a big gun."
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

The reason I say the rule is questionable is because, though Druchii Anointed is a Dark Elf, I don't see what stops him from joining a Chaos unit. The Chaos Cults aren't restricted to men, it could be perfectly believable that there would be some Elves among Chaos Warriors and Knights. Even if there weren't any, what stops another warrior of Chaos teaming up with other warriors of Chaos? There is no barrier stopping them, like they hate each other or something. They are both Chaos cultists, and are just as worthless as each other in the eyes of the Chaos Gods.
"Ghost"

Group 19 Moderator
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Javert wrote:The reason I say the rule is questionable is because

Sorry but I stopped reading here... rules aren't questionable when it's written: "Can only join a Dark Elf unit".

If I read a rule that says: "Can only take a hand weapon." I don't ask myself, why can't he take a lance, no, the rule says it clearly that he only can have a hand weapon and it's the same thing with the Druchii Annointed.
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

Crawd wrote:I mean come on... an army with core shades with GW? No way.

I said in a friendly game not an exploiting cheese fest, l max. 2 units of shades for instance, like in a regular 7th DE army
(btw DRs are special and harpies aren't available, so that kind of balances things n'est pas....)
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Javert wrote:The reason I say the rule is questionable is because, though Druchii Anointed is a Dark Elf, I don't see what stops him from joining a Chaos unit. The Chaos Cults aren't restricted to men, it could be perfectly believable that there would be some Elves among Chaos Warriors and Knights. Even if there weren't any, what stops another warrior of Chaos teaming up with other warriors of Chaos? There is no barrier stopping them, like they hate each other or something. They are both Chaos cultists, and are just as worthless as each other in the eyes of the Chaos Gods.

Dark elf...Joining stinky, smelly, crude humans (however enligghtened) is nothing a proper, civolized, proud darkelf with a delacite ego would do (and why they don't alow muraders in their units.)
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

The reason is base size. The anointed is on a small elf base, chaos warriors are on the slightly larger bases.
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Rules are clear and no matter how many times you write that you want him in a chaos unit wont change that.

Dark elf units only. Period. End of discussion.