magic item clichè question, really dont know the answer

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

magic item clichè question, really dont know the answer

Post by Kinslayer »

If two characters come to fight eachother, with or without units it does not matter, in base to base contact and both of them have a magic item which has the effect or equivelent effect that all models in base contact with a magic item count as a normal item of that choice (so a magic sword becomes a hand weapon, magic spear beomes a spear, magic shield becomes a shield, enchanted item becomes useless etc).

Now my quesion is what happends under such cirumstance. If one stops the other working, that one can not work to stop the other working, and visaversa. Does the player whos turn it is remove the effect of the opposition? Do both items work as usual, do both items nullify eachother so no magic items on either character work?

Bearing in mind a character could have said item as well as another magic weapon or armour, would he still be able to use the weapon?

Confusing isnt it :!:

NB - the high elves have one such magic item, not sure who else does.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

The high elf Nullstone has an area of effect of 6", so anyone with a magic item that would, in base contact, negate magic items, would already be disabled by the null stone.

But in any case where 2 items have similar effect on one another, then you can play by D6 or just go with logic, they both cancel each other out....

There's also the high elf item that makes all weapons of those in base contact 'normal' instead of magic weapons - but I don't think there's a weapon out there that negates magic items in base contact, o:
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

If one has a larger range than the other then that one should take precedence - as it's affect has come into being before the affect of the other has the chance to.

I also don't get why this is a "cliché" (as stated in the title) :?
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Kir
Executioner

Post by Kir »

i'm not sure, but if the item itself is not a weapon( such as the nullstone) or armour or other piece of game-usable normal kit with an ability, wouldn't they work alongside each other, negating both sides's magic weps/armours? btw, kroak has the mace thingy that does that as well iirc. but that you could count as a weapon.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay i guess range comes into it first, and failing that its best left down to common sense or a dice roll?

And okay perhaps im not too sure what Clichè means after all
Overmind
Beastmaster

Post by Overmind »

Cliche means overused.
Les yuex sans le vie
Les magots ont infesté cadaver
Montagne du crane
Quelque du chose mon favorite.....
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Right, thought it was something puzzling etc. Nevermind the title, i think we sorted what to do in such situation