Chariots

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Javert
Beastmaster

Chariots

Post by Javert »

If you place a character within a chariot, say a Cold One Chariot, the enemy cannot target him instead of the chariot right? So therefore it would be pointless to give him armour, because he would effectively share the save of the Chariot?

Note that I am asking a question, despite whether what I just said may be correct or not - the question I'm asking is, is what I said above correct?
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

No, it isn't. The chariot is similar to a monster mount. Shooting hits are randomised between the chariot and the charatcer (note that only 6es hit the character in a chariot) and the character adds 2 to his armour save against shooting hits.

In combat enemies can freely choose to attack the character, and he gets no armour save improvement from the chariot.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

the point of a chariot is to get into combat, where the enemy can chose to attack either the chariot or character, so it would be wise to give him armour
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

getwisteerd wrote:No, it isn't. The chariot is similar to a monster mount. Shooting hits are randomised between the chariot and the charatcer (note that only 6es hit the character in a chariot) and the character adds 2 to his armour save against shooting hits.

In combat enemies can freely choose to attack the character, and he gets no armour save improvement from the chariot.

Actually, the armour save bit is only partially true - the character gets +2 to his armour save or gets the armour save of the chariot.

With Cold one Chariots still being subject to stupidity, it's always wise to spend a few points on a character's armour. It's very much worth the points anyway.
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

Lethalis wrote:
getwisteerd wrote:No, it isn't. The chariot is similar to a monster mount. Shooting hits are randomised between the chariot and the charatcer (note that only 6es hit the character in a chariot) and the character adds 2 to his armour save against shooting hits.

Actually, the armour save bit is only partially true - the character gets +2 to his armour save or gets the armour save of the chariot.

With Cold one Chariots still being subject to stupidity, it's always wise to spend a few points on a character's armour. It's very much worth the points anyway.

When you say he gets +2 to his Armour save or the chariots do you mean he gets whichever is higher? (or lower in this case)
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Diederikiii
Shade

Post by Diederikiii »

hmmm maybe a stupid quistion, but as you can attack a characther thats on a chariot. can you also attack the normal crew?

and if it is possible what happens when you kill of the crew ?
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

you attack either the character in which case you use his stats and wound him, or attack the chariot (chariot & crew counted as one) using a mic of their stats (crews WS, chariots W etc) and do damage on the chariot. You cant kill the crew individually, no.
Diederikiii
Shade

Post by Diederikiii »

thought so, thx for the quick answer
Apoc
Warrior

Post by Apoc »

Javert wrote:
Lethalis wrote:

When you say he gets +2 to his Armour save or the chariots do you mean he gets whichever is higher? (or lower in this case)

He indeed gets whichever is better. See the BRB page 64.
"Go forth. It is you who will sow the seeds of doubt that others will reap. For this is our way, to strike from the shadows and profit from the results. It will be the Elves of Naggaroth who stand victorious when the dust settles."
GW Quote
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Remember the +2 armor (or chariot save) is only used against shooting attacks, it is ignored when in close combat.