Magic Items: SoC, Lustria, White Dwarf, etc?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Romulus68
Corsair

Magic Items: SoC, Lustria, White Dwarf, etc?

Post by Romulus68 »

What about the Storm of Chaos, Albion, White Dwarf, Lustria, etc magical items?

They should still be available, correct?
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Usually when a new book comes out old supplements like that are no longer valid. Most tourneys will probably not allow you to take them, in a friendly game.. talk to your opponent.
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

Although it is difficult not to notice that no Storm of Chaos items have been included in the new book, either in name or function.
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

They are ALL available for friendly games, ask your opponent if he doesn't mind you using those addons as long as you have the printed material.

But they are all forbidden at tournaments unless specifically mentionned to be allowed.
Krystalice2020
Dark Rider

Post by Krystalice2020 »

Ok... Just because I don't get WD and have forgotten the rules for those old weapons that I loved using so much... Where can I find the rules for the old SoC, Lustria, and other campaign Items...?
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

they were available on the US website of GWShop until they completely changed it... might still be able to find some documents on the Canadian website - in the Community -> Hall of Heroes section.
Izirath
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Izirath »

Google it. That's how I found them.
Nagathi wrote:Fighting fair is for High Elves.
~ Nag
Hari
Noble

Post by Hari »

Am I wrong or the rules of SoC (and the list of CoP with its rules) are again valid? There is no written rule that make them invalid unless otherwise stated.
I think that they are ALL available and legal untill official pronouncement, tournaments may forbid them, but I dont see why!

Is there any official statement about them?
i'm what i'm, that's what i'm!
www.utenti.lycos.it/ritornodelre
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

They were made for the 6th edition and they are no longer valid for the 7th edition. As others said, you can always use them in friendly games if your opponent accept them.
Hari
Noble

Post by Hari »

Well I think that this isn't a mutter of fact. The 7th editiontion isn't a new edition as the one for 40K, as stated by GW, infact all the old Army books are again valid, till a new edition of them.

So I asked if there is an official pronouncement or statement about the fact that "They were made for the 6th edition and they are no longer valid for the 7th edition".
i'm what i'm, that's what i'm!
www.utenti.lycos.it/ritornodelre
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

hari wrote:Well I think that this isn't a mutter of fact. The 7th editiontion isn't a new edition as the one for 40K, as stated by GW, infact all the old Army books are again valid, till a new edition of them.

You said it already in what you said: "until a new edition of them". Our new book is the 7th edition of our book, so all our 6th edition content will be obsolete since our book is no longer in 6th edition.
Konrad von richtmark
Beastmaster

Post by Konrad von richtmark »

hari wrote:Am I wrong or the rules of SoC (and the list of CoP with its rules) are again valid? There is no written rule that make them invalid unless otherwise stated.
I think that they are ALL available and legal untill official pronouncement, tournaments may forbid them, but I dont see why!

Is there any official statement about them?

You cannot assume something to be legal simply because it has not been explicitly prohibited.

Using your reasoning, it would be legal at present date to field armies using the 6th edition DE core book, or 5th edition core book for that matter.

Or, to use the favourite counter-example of Finnish wargamers: Neither is there any rule which prohibits you from taking out a hammer and smashing your opponent's miniatures to pieces :roll:
Unless you already figured out, I play Empire. And I like spearelves.

Read The collected tales of Khorandras the Fallen