rebmonk's noob rules questions

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Rebmonk
Shade

rebmonk's noob rules questions

Post by Rebmonk »

So with the new druchii codex coming out i am getting back into the warhammer game (played bretonnians for a while but i love the druchii and assassins). Anyways, i am picking the Big rule book back up and reading through it, and i know ill have some rule questions so i thought i would just keep them to one thread. I will try to re-read the rules here so there aren't any obvious questions posted.

First two though:

1) For armor saves, is there a 0+ save? For example does it go 4+ 3+ 2+ 1+ 0+ -1+ -2+ or does it go 3+ 2+ 1+ -1+ -2+ ?

2) More of a white dwarf question, but they said the new hydra has s7 breath attack. However, i thought the new hydra only had 5 wounds. Is this a miss print or does it get a +2 str bonus?

Thanks for the help.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

1) yes, there is 0+ save, Dark Elves can reach it by:
Heavy Armour 5+
Shield +1
Sea Dragon Cloak +1/+2 against shooting
Cold One +2
you end up with 1+ armour save and 0+ armour save against shooting.
Remember that roll of 1 always fails even if you had -5+ armour save, anything lower than 1+ simply makes your armour more resilient to high strength attacks.

2) They were mistaken (happens to everyone), Hydra has breath weapon with S equal to it's current W. I believe they could've taken it's A instead by mistake (which it has 7 of)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Rebmonk
Shade

Post by Rebmonk »

thanks for the quick reply. And yes i know 1's always fail, been playing 40k forever now, need a change of pace.
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Minor note...we WFB players use army books the dirty round basers use a codex. ;) Now that you have come in from the cold you can use the proper nomenclature and soon your 40k days will seem a dim, and vaguely disturbing memory.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.