Executioner's axe, something I've missed

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Executioner's axe, something I've missed

Post by Master of arneim »

"Two hands. Strikes last."

? ? ?

Does strinking last mean that if I charge I'll still strike last? Does it mean that if I put my Dreaddy in a unit of Bg with asf banner I'll only erase the rule of striking last, but I do not strike first?

I always assumed that this weapon strikes like a normal Gw. I think this should be truth, but rules are not that clear.

Then, assuming that you should strike last, this weapon would become useless: if they charge me I strike last, if I charge I strike last. If I've an asf banner I strike last if charged and first if charging (never and excluding He).
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

ASF overides weapon rules and means ASF.

Absent ASF you would just strike last even if you charged.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

BRB p.55: "Strike last" does not mean "always strike last".
It means that instead of taking into account the initiative, they strike after normal weapons (except when facing other "strike last" weapons with lesser initiative). But in case they should strike first regardless of initiative, they strike first.
So when you charge, you strike first, regardless of the initiative, and regardless if you have a "strike last" weapon. Except if you face an ASF, of course.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Master of arneim
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Master of arneim »

You're right. I forgot that the rulebook speaks about "strike last" and no more about Gw.

All this happened because I've just returned from a match where the opponent supported the bull**** I've written.

What a fish I am! Just too tired I think.
Master of Arneim, proud ruler of the cult of the thousand draichs, because bigger is better.