Bladewind and warmachine crews

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Delhien
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Delhien »

As the magic rules only regulate spells that causes hits on the unit, and the warmachine rules dont really say you only can hit the crew in close combat this spell is hard to understand. I second the motion for a FaQ.

But would it be so wrong to consider the spell as one model with a base that tutches the whole target unit? And go from there to decide who gets hit where. As the spell prevents you from using it as a character killer it seems valid to think that it could be used as a killer for anything special that isnt a character. Like a warmachine or something like that.

As dark magic doesnt have a 2d6 magic missile i dont think bladewind is worhtless against normal units. If you target it against a ws 3 or worse unit it will average about the same wounds as a fieryblast, so it have a place in the lore. It just would be nice if it was better than a 2d6 magic missile as it is the no 4 spell.
Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

Post by Gastronauticon »

I agree with Crawd.

The b2b-ruling obviously does not apply but otherwise the spell follow normal CC-targeting rules with the addition of max 1 attack on chars/champs.

So no randomizition whatsoever at any rate. Unit specific CC rules do apply (such as hydra rules and so forth) however.
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

This could also get quite interesting if you try to determine if the opponent gets a hand weapon and shield bonus to armour saves. I mean, since you only get it to attacks from the front and the spell specifies no bases (which is how receiving that bonus is determined), how do you figure that out?
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

You could simply use the direction from where the spell is coming (i.e. where the Sorceress is positioned).

Bye
Thanee