Assassin and CoB

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Hiss
Warrior

Assassin and CoB

Post by Hiss »

How exactly do you reveal an assassin in a shades unit (Where do you place him) ?
Can Hags of CoB, leave the CoB and use a bolt thorwer ?
The killer's breed or the demon's seed
the glamour, the fortune, the pain
go to war again, blood is freedom's stain,
but don't you pray for my soul anymore

I M
Ruerl khan
Corsair
Location: Isha's Torment, somewhere in the world raiding (Denmark)

Post by Ruerl khan »

first question:
You reveal him at the start of any turn, at any location allowed within the unit, ie. if your in close combat it'd be adviceable to place him in the front row, if the unit is still skirmishing then you can place him anywhere within the unit you'd want to.

Second question:
No, they cannot, p.93 of the dark elf army book, in the "box", the other "hags" that are a part of the unit, counts as rank and file members of the war machine, you cannot use say cannon crew to operate a bolt thrower, and you certainly can't use witch elves to operate one either, not even if their part of an odd type of war machine. ;)
Burn Ulthuan
Hiss
Warrior

Post by Hiss »

You reveal him at the start of any turn, at any location allowed within the unit, ie. if your in close combat it'd be adviceable to place him in the front row, if the unit is still skirmishing then you can place him anywhere within the unit you'd want to.

If you do socan you use it to have new line of sight on ennemy unit, even have a charge on them the first turn ?

No, they cannot, p.93 of the dark elf army book, in the "box", the other "hags" that are a part of the unit, counts as rank and file members of the war machine, you cannot use say cannon crew to operate a bolt thrower, and you certainly can't use witch elves to operate one either, not even if their part of an odd type of war machine.

p86 from Main book, any crew from any war machine can join any deserted friendly war machine...
The killer's breed or the demon's seed
the glamour, the fortune, the pain
go to war again, blood is freedom's stain,
but don't you pray for my soul anymore

I M
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

I'd say no but the rules seem to support that they can (and yes bolt thrower crew can operate cannon, dwarves do it when they lose a crew of one machine and the machine of another crew)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Army book prevents the Death Hag which CoB is the mount to leave her mount. The crew can leave only as a whole.
So the other hags cannot leave (at least, RAW speaking, untill the DH has been killed - and I hardly imagine, with the DH dead, one or two Hags surviving and selecting to leave the CoB).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Steve tu
Beastmaster

Post by Steve tu »

Can you put an assassin in the CoB crew?
Melinia
Executioner

Post by Melinia »

I don't have the book handy, but the assassin rules explicitly list which units you can place him in. So there shouldn't be any question about that sort of thing.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The assassin cannot start the game inside the CoB, but he can be revealed and move to join the CoB.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}