Banner of Balance

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Nemi
Warrior

Banner of Balance

Post by Nemi »

I had a game against HE yesterday, 2.5k, slaughtered him of course :D
He had the Banner of Balance, which makes his and your unit when in CC Immune to psychology.
Sadly he managed to charge my Witches ( but roll badly and I cought em while fleeing cowardly :D ).
That meant they lost their frenzy against him, but do they really also lose their hatred (which they would have gained after losing frenzy ;) )?
If this was true, every unit in a DE army would lose hatred fighting a unit with this banner and I´d guess this to be nearly a must in a HE army fighting us.
Hatred can really ruin a HE´s day... :twisted:
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

They don`t loose hatred they are just annefected by it as long as there in combat with the unit carrying that banner, but they do loose there frenzy for good unless you have a cauldron of blood to recharge it.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

drasanil is correct
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

yep, hatred still works against other units, but not against the unit with standard of balance

Bye
Lord Thalack
Nemi
Warrior

Post by Nemi »

Oh that´s even worse than I imagined :shock:
Witches don´t regain frenzy?
That sux, how much is this banner worth?
And which units can carry it?
Vraneththecruel
Noble

Post by Vraneththecruel »

45 pts. units that can get it are: white lions, phoenix guard, swordmasters, and dragon princes.
My avatar is kind of hypocritical isnt it?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

But models who cant loose their frenzy, will they regain their frenzy directly after or do they have their frenzy througout the cc?
Duke of wellington
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Duke of wellington »

Nagathi Blackheart wrote:But models who cant loose their frenzy, will they regain their frenzy directly after or do they have their frenzy througout the cc?

I guess you're referring to the Banner of Rage in the Chaos army list or Witch Elves affected by the Cauldron of Blood. We had a similar discussion on the Wargamer Australia forums and the consensus reached was that units that were always frenzied lost their frenzy while in contact with the unit carrying the Standard of Balance but regained as soon as they were no longer in contact.
Now Maitland! Now's your time!
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

Duke of Wellington wrote:
Nagathi Blackheart wrote:But models who cant loose their frenzy, will they regain their frenzy directly after or do they have their frenzy througout the cc?

I guess you're referring to the Banner of Rage in the Chaos army list or Witch Elves affected by the Cauldron of Blood. We had a similar discussion on the Wargamer Australia forums and the consensus reached was that units that were always frenzied lost their frenzy while in contact with the unit carrying the Standard of Balance but regained as soon as they were no longer in contact.

Actually it's a bit more complicated when discussing Witch Elves within 18" of the Cauldren.
Banner makes them loose Frenzy, straight away they get it back (cauldron), they loose it, get it back, loose it, get it.... you see where this goes. All this happens within milli-seconds, so do they loose it? We ended up rolling a D6 for each round, winner gets the benefit for this round.
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."
Duke of wellington
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Duke of wellington »

Yeah, on second thoughts you're right.

D6 roll off is the best way to deal with this.
Now Maitland! Now's your time!
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Does the baner make you lose frenzy permanently as they I read it in the post you are just immune to psychology whilst in BtB, you haven't lost frenzy as described in the rules you just aren't affected by it whilst in BtB.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Eeeeron wrote:Does the baner make you lose frenzy permanently as they I read it in the post you are just immune to psychology whilst in BtB, you haven't lost frenzy as described in the rules you just aren't affected by it whilst in BtB.

upi loose it permanemtly just as if you had lost a close combat
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Nasty! Memo: avoid any units with this banner with witch elves. I suppose there is the advantage that COK and COCs aren't stupid when in combat with such a unit.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

True, but they don't get Htred either! It's a very effective banner V either undead or us Druchii!
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."