Another Bladewind Question

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kuren rath
Trainee Warrior

Another Bladewind Question

Post by Kuren rath »

Just another quick question about Bladewind. I was playing against a demon army and when i tried to cast bladewind on my opponent's lord of change he said it would only get 1 attack because only one attack can target a character, so here is my question.

If cast on a character outside of a unit do you get the full number of attacks or just the one that would target the character if he was in a unit?
Lamekh
The Scourge of Khaine

Post by Lamekh »

Yes, you'll get the full amount of attacks (who else is there to target?)

only when in a unit may you allocate 1 attack at the char , except large targets (otherwise you could use the spell to snipe characters....)
Last edited by Lamekh on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Easy one:
you got the 3d6 attacks.
There is only 1 model in the unit so you do not allocate the attacks at all.

The question would also arise if you targeted a unit with 1 character and, lets say, 1 single rank-and-file.
Your freind would argue that the rank-and-file would get all attacks but one? Wrong.

There, my interpretation of the rules would be:
BRB p.110 you allocate magic hits like you would do for shooting => BRB p.74.
In addition, you have the specific rule for Bladewind, allowing you to allocate 1 hit to the character. The never mentioned that this rule cancelled the regular shooting rule, did they?

Example: if you get 12 wounds as result of 3d6:
- you allocate 1 to the character (specific Bladewind rule)
- allocate evenly the remaining hits, i.e. 5 hits each (regular rule)
- randomize the last hit.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

I can't find anything better than what I'm about to quote now, but:
Rulebook page 7, under 'Units' wrote:Some characters, like the mighty Daemon Princes of Chaos, are so large and powerful that they follow the rules for monsters!

I'm pretty sure that a Lord of Change counts as a monster in this respect and that you should have gotten the full number of attacks on him.
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

If the character is the unit then you get to allocate all attacks on it. The character isn't hidden in a unit and in actually follows many of the monster rules, so you would get all of the attacks on him. That specific rule is written so that you don't allocate all 3D6 attacks on a character as that would severely unbalance the rule. If it is a single model even a US1 model on its own, then all hits are allocated on it.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

What if it's a character riding a monster? Because they're combat attacks, you can't randomally roll to see who you hit - you have to allocate them? Would that mean just one hits the rider, while the rest have to be allocated to the mount?
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

What if it's a character riding a monster? Because they're combat attacks, you can't randomally roll to see who you hit - you have to allocate them? Would that mean just one hits the rider, while the rest have to be allocated to the mount?

Yes
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)