Dark Elf Diabolical Plans

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Apollyon
Slave (off the Altar)

Dark Elf Diabolical Plans

Post by Apollyon »

Basically, a bunch of ideas for units, combos of units, or the like, with the intent of crushing the enemy, having fun, or both.

Here's a few off the top of my head.

Dreadlord-140 pts
Heavy Armour-6 pts
Shield-3 pts
Sea Dragon Cloak-8 pts
Black Dragon-300 pts
Chillblade-50 pts
Cloak of Twilight-50 pts
Total-557 pts

For this guy, he has a nice 1+ AS for fighting, and a 3++ until he gets into combat. Once he's there, he has KB and Multiple Wounds from the CoT to help him take out Characters and Ogres. Chillblade makes him autowound and with ASF and superior Iniative, he should be able to shut down many characters before they can attack him back. Expensive but fun. Only downside is lack of armour piercing ability and in combat ++ save. He is meant to alphastrike characters, or, if they won't fight, wreck their unit with the help of the dragon.

Supreme Sorceress-185 pts
Level 4-35 pts
Black Dragon-300 pts
Black Dragon Egg-50 pts
Tome of Furion-25 pts
Opal Amulet-15 pts
Total-610 pts

Double Breath Weapon and lot's of spells. Maybe use PoD to give the Dragon s7 and pop double breath weapons. Just cause I wanted a cool build for this combo.

Dreadspear Deathstar

50 Dreadspears-450 pts
Lordling-10 pts
musician-10 pts
standard bearer-10 pts
Banner of Swiftness-15 pts
Total-495 pts

Death Hag-85 pts
Witchbrew-30 pts
Fencers Blades-35 pts
Cauldron of Blood-190 pts
Battle Standard Bearer-25 pts
Banner of Nagarythe-100 pts
Total-465 pts

Tullaris Dreadbringer-155 pts

Grand Total-1115 pts
Unbreakable, 3 Attacks each, rerolls to wound and hit most of the time, M6, a massive chariot to distrack cannons from Tullaris, what more can someone ask? Of course it's expensive but it will fairly wreck anything put in front of it.
Bigboar
Dark Rider

Re: Dark Elf Diabolical Plans

Post by Bigboar »

You lose Kb with chillblade (you don't roll to wound) and most characters have the same 1+ AS you have (and sometimes a 4++) I think orge blade or an obsidian blade will work better with CoT.

If you are looking for Kbs even a Sword of Strife (+2 att) could be fun.

I have a question regarding mounted character and CoT: does the protection extend to the monster as well? what about the black amulet? is MR the only protection we can give to the mounted monsters?
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Dark Elf Diabolical Plans

Post by Thraundil »

Bigboar wrote:You lose Kb with chillblade (you don't roll to wound) and most characters have the same 1+ AS you have (and sometimes a 4++) I think orge blade or an obsidian blade will work better with CoT.

If you are looking for Kbs even a Sword of Strife (+2 att) could be fun.

I have a question regarding mounted character and CoT: does the protection extend to the monster as well? what about the black amulet? is MR the only protection we can give to the mounted monsters?

Im fairly sure the wording on the CoT is that the model has the ward save. As monster and rider are separate models, the mount doesnt get the save. If they did, CoT would be incredibly overpowered! Any ward save item you purchase will generally only give the rider the save. Exceptions are magic resistance and the ironcurse icon, which bestows 6++ vs war machines on the bearer + unit.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.