Potion of Foolhardiness and mounts

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

lil' fisty
Warrior

Potion of Foolhardiness and mounts

Post by lil' fisty »

When you drink the Potion of Foolhardiness, the rules state that "The imbider has the Immune To Psychology and Devastating Charge special rule".

Would a character on a dark pegasus using this item in turn give devastating charge to his Monstrous Cavalry mount? A nice 5 strength 3 attacks from the mount alone seems like a good 5 point investment. Or is it just the character who gets the bonus? Thanks!
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Re: Potion of Foolhardiness and mounts

Post by Haagrum »

Cavalry models (including MC) are one model with two parts - rider and mount. Each can have different rules affecting that part of the model. For example, a character on a monstrous cavalry mount that has the Ogre Blade does not confer +2 Strength on the mount.

There's no defined in-game term for "imbiber", so I'd go with the normal meaning of the word. Logically, that'd be the rider carrying the potion. As a result, I'd say no as a matter of game rules - and leaving aside the logistics of a mounted hero force-feeding their flying mount half of a potion without dismounting.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
lil' fisty
Warrior

Re: Potion of Foolhardiness and mounts

Post by lil' fisty »

Ahh yes I had a feeling that would be the case. Makes sense, though.

And as far as getting the damn horse to drink the potion...perhaps if the rider was equipped with a good funnel acquired from the local college frat house, it could be done!