Black dragons egg query

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sangfroid
Executioner

Black dragons egg query

Post by Sangfroid »

Does anyone know how this item works in challenges I.e if you are in a combat and you accept/issue a challenge when you use the breath weapon do these attacks hit the unit or the character you are in a challenge with, logic says that it should be the character but realism says it should be the unit... Or do you get a choice?
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Re: Black dragons egg query

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

everything a character does whiles in a challenge affects only his challenger (except for BtB effects)
so using the BDE whilst in a challenge would mean that the Breath Weapon only affects the opponent
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

Thanks for the reply seems to reduce the effectiveness of the item as you will want to use the breath on the unit and extra s & t I a challenge :-(
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Sangfroid wrote:Thanks for the reply seems to reduce the effectiveness of the item as you will want to use the breath on the unit and extra s & t I a challenge :-(

On the contrary! You get no armor saves against the breath weapon. Sure, it might mostly wound on 6's, but ignoring the opponents (often 1+) armor save is nothing to sniff at. Its a likely wound :p
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.