Cloak of Twilight and Fanatic hits

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Cloak of Twilight and Fanatic hits

Post by Gidean »

Having a debate on a Youtube Batrep comments section. Some people are claiming the hits of a Night Goblin Fanatic can be ward saved by Cloak of Twilight. Anyone here agree with this interpretation?

In essence they are using an argument that hit distributed 'per shooting' is the functional equivalent of shooting. I don't agree. In fact when I opened up my Orc and Goblin book and looked up 'Splat' on page 53, I could find no language that says the fanatic hits are even distributed per shooting. Couldn't find it in the FAQ either.
MexicanNinja
Shade

Re: Cloak of Twilight and Fanatic hits

Post by MexicanNinja »

If the rule doesn't even say that the his are distributed like a shooting attack then there shouldn't be an issue.

I was one of the "debaters" on that specific batrep. I didn't know what the ruling for the fanatics even are. I have never tried to trigger them with supreme sorceress.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Re: Cloak of Twilight and Fanatic hits

Post by Dalamar »

Impact hits are also distributed as shooting. The only reason for that is to ensure that the hits target a unit and not "So I do D6+1 impact hits now... against your level 4 wizard"

These are still close combat (in case of impact hits) or special (in case of fanatics/manglers) attacks. Nothing about them makes them shooting attacks.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16