Paired Weapons and Mounts

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Paired Weapons and Mounts

Post by Saintofm »

I have noticed a few named characters are mounted and have paired weapons. Can they use them while mounted and still have the extra attack for a paired weapon?

Also If I have a character that is mounted on, say a manticor in this instance, could I give them the fencer's blades and still get all the goodness they have?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Paired Weapons and Mounts

Post by Holt »

I have had a quick look over the rule book and come to the conclusion that paired weapons will give an extra attack even when mounted. It gives the special rule "extra attack". No part of the extra attack rule mentions no attack when mounted.

The rule saying no extra attack when mounted applies directly to having an additional hand weapon, as seen in the list of various hand weapons in the BRB.

Hopefully that was clear enough to be some help.

So, by that result, yes you will gain all the benefits from paired weapons, such as fencers blades, even when mounted.
Last edited by Holt on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Paired Weapons and Mounts

Post by Saintofm »

Thanks. I thought this might help decide if i should get a lord choice a manticore or not.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra