Stand and shoot?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

CreativeName
Warrior

Stand and shoot?

Post by CreativeName »

Can units stand and shoot when I'm not in their front arc at all and I'm charging them in the flank or rear? What if less than half of the models are in their front arc? I couldn't find the answer in the rule book. The first seems obvious but I could be assuming wrong, the second seems murky. Thanks!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Stand and shoot?

Post by Calisson »

You can S&S only legitimate targets, of course.
The trick is that S&S is resolved against the unit before it moved (assuming distance is appropriate).
So even if some models end up within the 90° LOS, if the charging unit started completely out of LOS, S&S is not possible.

About seeing only a few models, apply the rule p.39: if the target can be at least partially seen, it can be shot at.
It means that even if a single model is in LOS, all shooters having LOS to that model can shoot, even if it kills several models.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

quick addition to this question;
what happens if the target charges my unit while outside of my Max range?
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

As usual per S&S rule, the shots are resolved considering you're at max range, not beyond.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}