Malus Darkblade

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Taijushue
Cold One Knight

Malus Darkblade

Post by Taijushue »

Few questions on Malus,

Tz'arkan forces Malus to attack a friendly model on rolls of a 1, am I correct in thinking that they are the 1's after ASF rerolls?

Also, since these wounds dont say they are caused by his weapon, and Tz'arkan isn't magic does this mean that these wounds are from non magical attacks? example, Malus in b2b with Malekith, does he get his 2+ ward?
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Malus Darkblade

Post by Thraundil »

The rules are not completely clear.
Regarding hitting friendlies: it says "Each time Malus Darkblade makes a To Hit roll of 1. This tells me this is before ASF rerolls. So you pick up the dice, toss them. All 1's go to friendlies, all hits go to enemies, all other misses can be rerolled, but every new 1 also goes to friendlies. So its a risky business.

Regarding magical attacks: the rule does not say they are magical attacks. They do however say explicitly that they ignore armor, and so does the warpsword, which leads me to think the rules as intended say they are magical attacks. However, nowhere is that written, it simply says "suffers an automatic hit at Malus darkblades strength, which ignores armor". So, you could argue that the demonic attacks are just made with his bare fists ;) but I would hesitate to let Malekith tank these hits in the first place. 1/6 chance that your super expensive general eats a hit. No go!
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

No, rerolling cancels completely the previous roll and any effect it might have triggered.
Only consider the second roll, forget the first roll except that you can no longer re-re-roll anymore.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

Surely the asf reroll (or eternal hatred depending on which you use) means that the original 1 does not exist, I.e. It isn't a to hit roll result until the reroll has happened, then following that any 1s that are left are counted.

Edit: sorry I hadn't submitted my reply then clicked the button without checking for updates :-)
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Sangfroid wrote:Surely the asf reroll (or eternal hatred depending on which you use) means that the original 1 does not exist, I.e. It isn't a to hit roll result until the reroll has happened, then following that any 1s that are left are counted.

Edit: sorry I hadn't submitted my reply then clicked the button without checking for updates :-)

Apology accepted, but stop calling me Shirley. :roll:
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Taijushue
Cold One Knight

Post by Taijushue »

I was bored and made a list that had every special character with malus and malekith riding cold ones, if the rules work out. I agree about the 1's the Tz'arkan magic attacks issue seems legit if going strictly RAW, I agree that with the effects these wounds have on them makes it seem like they are coming from his weapon but then it would have been a whole lot easier and shorter to just say it causes a hit from the warpsword.

With Malus and Malekith is base contact you are pretty safe from any damage from it.

for each attack you have a 1/6 to roll a 1, then a 1/6 to roll another on the reroll, I dont have my book at work but I believe S5 for Malus after activating Tz'arak? thats 4/6 cause a wound, then he fails his ward on a 1
1/6*1/6*4/6*1/6= 0.3% to cause a wound on malekith thats roughly 300 attacks from malus to make this rule hurt malekith.