Return to the Cult of Slaanesh?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Return to the Cult of Slaanesh?

Post by CitizenKhaine »

The rumour mill is speculating on the new Glottkin book - the official release states...
Book 2 (64 pages): Contains the rules for all the new miniatures, creating a legions of Chaos army from Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen and Daemons as well as rules for street fighting and much more!

While hunting for what "... and much more!" might be before wanting to spend cash, I saw some rumours that thought there were rules to the Cult of Slaanesh in there. Has anyone seen anything to confirm this?
Rumours also hint at another chaos god invading the elves, probably HE. There is a new Black Library book "the bane of Malekith" and rumours of the death of 3 major characters...
Again, any ideas?
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Return to the Cult of Slaanesh?

Post by Amboadine »

There has been rumours, yes. Not sure if it will be in this book though or an Elf based one if at all.
As I still have some of the Diaz daemonettes kicking around from SoC I would welcome the chance to use them again.

Rest of the details above...well legion of chaos rules have been available in Thurmakhan book (bad spelling sorry), so could be lifted straight out.
Only 3 major deaths? Body count in the first book was almost that a chapter :D
I will be buying the book regardless so will update once I have my hands on it.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

With the book's strong focus on Nurgle, I doubt cult of slaanesh will be included in it.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

I'd love to see the Cult of Slaanesh (CoS) reappear for variety, and hopefully some neat new models... though more and more the rumours bouncing around suggest no new DE models.

As a footnote though, I enjoy DE chiefly when they're standing on their own feet, working their own fiendish plans, going about their own wicked business. Not trying to airbrush Khaine out of the picture, but the CoS always felt a little too close to servitude to be properly Druchii in spirit.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

I remember the days of Chaos Elves, so I have no problem with the CoS!

(some Dark Elf minis used to have symbols of both Slaanesh and Khaine !lol! )
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Dalamar wrote:With the book's strong focus on Nurgle, I doubt cult of slaanesh will be included in it.

I'm not so sure about this. The initial releases are for Nurgle, but I have seen rumors that there will be new releases for all 4 Chaos Gods and that they are just putting them out slowly to milk it a bit.
Truly These are the End Times ...