Overrun/pursuit off the board question

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

zen
Cold One Knight

Overrun/pursuit off the board question

Post by zen »

Hi

The following scenario happened in a game at the weekend:

COKs want to overrun off the board after killing some skeletons (to hide from a Terrogheist). I declare this and my opponent interrupts me.

"Are you sure you want to do that? If you do, I'll move this unit to block them coming back on. So they can't come back on for the rest of the game."

Is this right, that if you place an enemy unit on the spot where the friendly unit left the board, the friendly unit can't come back on?
Can they come on in a subsequent turn if the enemy unit moves away, is destroyed etc. or have they missed their chance?
Do they give up victory points because they are off the board at the end of the game?

I'm a bit worried about this, due to having a cauldron and witches in my list and the fact that they have to overrun/pursue.

Cheers.
Anything but a one... It's a one!

But I've got a reroll... OK that's a one too!!
Taijushue
Cold One Knight

Re: Overrun/pursuit off the board question

Post by Taijushue »

I have never heard of this before, I would say that you would either

1) come on the board as close to the spot you went off while maintaining 1" from the enemy unit

or

2) you come back right where you went off and the enemy unit must move till 1" away from your unit.

I would lean more towards #1 but I do not have the big book at work with me so I cannot confirm. I am sure someone here will have the definite answer but I am 95% sure your opponent is wrong.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

p.58 right bottom is clear:
"The unit is placed back as close as possible to the same point from which it left the battledield, in the same formation."
If there is something preventing to come back at the spot where they left, the rule makes them come a little bit further, that's all.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
zen
Cold One Knight

Post by zen »

Cheers. I thought it was wrong at the time but didn't want to press the point.
Anything but a one... It's a one!

But I've got a reroll... OK that's a one too!!
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

He's thinking of the 40K Reserves rule, where it is possible to prevent a reserve unit from coming on by blocking all possible entrance spots. There is NO similar rule in WFB.