basic magic items we want for 9th edition

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

basic magic items we want for 9th edition

Post by Saintofm »

With 8th edition we had an explotion of magic items ranging from awsome to boww did this pass the testing phase.

So what would you like to see available in the common magic item a section?

Lets stwrt this off with magic weapons:

What I have no issiue with as is: giant blade, sword of bloodshed, obsidian blade, ogre blade, sword of strife, fenser's blades, sword of swiftnslaying, sword of battle, sword of might, sword of striking, and shreiking blade. Perfect as is. To some degree relic sword but that seems to be anwizzard weapon at best.

Slight modifictations: I think berzerker sword should be half its point coast and gold sigil blade to be uped by 5 points.

Weapons tha tneed heavy redue or need to go: sword of antiheros, spelltheiving sword, tormentor sword, and warrior bane have limited use at best and utterley not worth the points at worst.

What they need: range weapons like our old loife taker and some two hand e d weapons like a greatnweaopn or h alberd for diversity sake.

Armor: I have no realnproblem with the current selectioneven if I will nevrr use some of it ever.

Would like: armors with regeneration in the same vein as armornof destiny and fortune. Maybe some lightnarmor.

Arcane: not much to say as I have limited experiance with mostnbut like at least half of it.

Would like: cheap +1 additionql spell you can role for in adition to you level.

Talismans: largly likenit but again better regenerationn items.

Banners: technicaly do not have much of anproblem with most of thwm as is BUT...

banners that need modifacation: cheaper armor peircing banner, like 20 at least. Also warbanner to go back to 25 points.

Would alsonlike to see: something simalr to standaed of hag greif as it gave alsways strike first. This mewns nothing to us elves but would be usefulnto other armies.

A +1 attack banner. Hydra baner was nearly a hundred points but I found that more useful then nagaroth.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Re: basic magic items we want for 9th edition

Post by flatworldsedge »

I'd just like many more choices - like in olden days, where there were hundreds of options!
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Re: basic magic items we want for 9th edition

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Looking through some older books there are rly sone things missing.
Personally I would love a Magic Lance. maybe like Kaledors Bane.
As some ranged weapons, alot of Lords have a great BS... yet no way of realy utilizing it othrr then 1 measely shot
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth