Druchii.net
http://druchii.net/phpBB3/

Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?
http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76746
Page 1 of 1

Author:  redruben [ Wed May 20, 2015 11:51 am ]
Post subject:  Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

Hi!
If for example all the witches in a unit witch contains the Cauldron dies but the Cauldron survives, do your opponent get the points for that unit of witches or is he forced to kill the CoB too?

Author:  Thraundil [ Wed May 20, 2015 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

The cauldron follow all the rules for a character. If a whole unit is killed leaving a lvl 4 standing, will the dead unit give up VP to your opponent? The answer is of course yes :)

Author:  redruben [ Wed May 20, 2015 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

Thraundil wrote:
The cauldron follow all the rules for a character. If a whole unit is killed leaving a lvl 4 standing, will the dead unit give up VP to your opponent? The answer is of course yes :)


Ok but in the rules for CoB and "The will of the gods" it says: "Note that it is not otherwise treated as a character - it can only join and leave units as one". What does THAT mean then?

Author:  Calisson [ Wed May 20, 2015 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

Destroying the unit means that the COB has left it.
FAQ 1.9 wrote:
Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed, any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6” (including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit has been destroyed.

Note that if the event happens out of melee (shooting, magic, terrain), the remaining lone COB will test for panic - and if the DH was killed, that's an autofail.

Author:  f4n745y [ Thu May 21, 2015 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

Calisson wrote:
Destroying the unit means that the COB has left it.
FAQ 1.9 wrote:
Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed, any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6” (including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit has been destroyed.

Note that if the event happens out of melee (shooting, magic, terrain), the remaining lone COB will test for panic - and if the DH was killed, that's an autofail.


CoB can use General's Ld I think, otherwise it will run until get out of table.

Author:  redruben [ Thu May 21, 2015 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

f4n745y wrote:
Calisson wrote:
Destroying the unit means that the COB has left it.
FAQ 1.9 wrote:
Q: At what point after a unit has been wiped out do any characters remaining count as having left the unit? (p101)
A: As soon as the last model from the unit has been removed, any remaining characters will count as a new unit. Note that this will cause Panic tests to all friendly units within 6” (including the newly formed unit of character(s)) as the unit has been destroyed.

Note that if the event happens out of melee (shooting, magic, terrain), the remaining lone COB will test for panic - and if the DH was killed, that's an autofail.


CoB can use General's Ld I think, otherwise it will run until get out of table.


Ok, thanx for you quick answers. Maybe i´m a little bit stupi but i´m still not convinced. It´s this scentence wich make me wonder: "Note that it is not otherwise treated as a character". What shall i treat the damn CoB as then...?

I think your solution is as close you can get to a good interpretation though. Over and out.

Author:  f4n745y [ Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

It is a Chariot, it can join units but doesn't have any character special rule (look out sir!, challenges...)

Note: As long as the Hag is alive, she IS a character, mounted on a chariot. (More or less the same as a character mounted on a monster)

Author:  redruben [ Thu May 21, 2015 3:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Victorypoints and Cauldron of Blood unit?

f4n745y wrote:
It is a Chariot, it can join units but doesn't have any character special rule (look out sir!, challenges...)

Note: As long as the Hag is alive, she IS a character, mounted on a chariot. (More or less the same as a character mounted on a monster)


Aaaah. Thanx!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/