TEMPLE OF KHAINE

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

TEMPLE OF KHAINE

Post by Langmann »

Dark venom applied to magic weapons?

Touch of death 25 points?

Other than Thanee's list I cannot find more. I'll let Thanee go ahead with his list changes...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

Touch of death - 25 pts

other than that, i aint too fussed.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Poisons should be clarified to work with all applicable weapons.

Maybe Dark Venom could furthermore be allowed for Highborns and Nobles, and maybe also Beastmasters!?

Poisons

Dark Venom (errata) - Unlike other poisons, Dark Venom can be applied to a magic weapon.

Artifacts and Skills

Dance of Doom (errata) - Points: 30 -> 25.

Touch of Death (errata) - Points: 30 -> 25 - Assassin only.

Witchbrew (clarification) - The effect of Witchbrew remains, even if the Hag has been killed.

Art of Stealth - 25 points - Assassin only. The Assassin can be deployed as a Scout.

Deathdealer - 50 points - Assassin only. The Assassin gains the Killing Blow special ability. When all attacks are directed to a single model, the Killing Blow succeeds on 5+ rather than 6+.

Bye
Thanee
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I like what you have to say about dark venom, Thanee. It would make many of our useless magic weapons quite useful.

How would it work with the Blade of Ruin? Would it mean that with poison your hits (with 6's) automatically wound, or would it mean that they still get armour saves for poison?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Nothing to add here from me other than to ask for clarification regarding the blade of ruin and could we add poison to lifetaker?

Or is that toomuch?
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Blade of Ruin + Dark Venom: Yes, a 6 would autowound then.
Lifetaker could only be combined with Dark Venom then, which seems rather pointless.

Bye
Thanee
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Should regular characters Highborn and Noble be allowed access to the temple?
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Not in my opinion. Maybe Dark Venom, but that would be the only item I would grant them access to.

Bye
Thanee
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

Should regular characters Highborn and Noble be allowed access to the temple?

Definitely not.

As to the scouting assassin, I think the assassin should have that for free, no-body's going to pay 25pts to let his assassin scout. Besides, if the skaven get it for free, why not the druchii?

-Metallurgist
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

I think it would add some nice differences to the two Assassin types. Skaven are much more adept at scouting than Dark Elves. It just feels right to me to add scouting as a skill.

I'd be much rather inclined to give Assassins Touch of Death initially. But that really belongs into the Assassin topic.

Bye
Thanee
Inquisitor black
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Inquisitor black »

Well Langmann has asked me in conjuction with Dungeon_God to try and clarify the stance our petition will be taking on the ToK.

I like Thanees suggestions, and IMHO assassins should have killing blow included in their points cost as well as their additional hand weapon for 130 points. Then, for an additional 25 they get killing blow on 5+. This still leaves them points to take the rune of khaine which results in a nice, deadly assassin.

I personally think our ToK should work a bit like the high elf honours system, with lords and nobles having access to it. I'm not saying they should have access to all things but maybe a couple would be good.

As has been mentioned, they should be able to take dark venom and combine it with magic weapons. Maybe allow them to take touch of death, even the rune of khaine.

Maybe it could work like this. To have access to the list, the character first has to take the mark of khaine. This would cost 5 points.

I'm relly not sure, just throwing ideas around. It is up to all of us to come up with some solid ideas which Dungeon_God and I will later refine and get ready for completion. :?
Be not afraid of the dark, but of what the dark hides.
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

I like the idea that all characters can get dark venom, and that it can be used on magic weapons. However, maybe add a 5pts cost for putting it on magic weaps as it does make some pretty deadly combos.

dance of doom should stay 30pts IMO. Assassins are not sposed to be well armoured, and so like the scouting ability, its better that its not a very viable option, but still there. Plus i dont like it being available to witch elves - crazed women able to do a sinuos dance when frenzied? i mean, really...
Inquisitor black
Malekith's Best Friend

Really, why would a hag (without witchberw) want killing blow? With no armour save, it seems like a waste of points to me.

Also, dance of doom for 30 points is very expensive, considering Wight Lords can get a 5+ killing blow for 25 points!
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

Im talking context here rather than rules. You’re making the scouting ability 25pts when normally it’d be a hell of a lot cheaper (free in the case of skaven assassins) coz it doesn’t fit the context – druchii assassins are a different kettle of fish than skaven. By the same token, the 5+ ward save gives the assassins a save, which is VERY powerful when it comes to game mecanics... this is, again, context…
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Imdat Tauble wrote:Im talking context here rather than rules. You’re making the scouting ability 25pts when normally it’d be a hell of a lot cheaper (free in the case of skaven assassins) coz it doesn’t fit the context – druchii assassins are a different kettle of fish than skaven. By the same token, the 5+ ward save gives the assassins a save, which is VERY powerful when it comes to game mecanics... this is, again, context…

I think they (skaven) must pay for it within their character cost. I don't think its free per say, he just comes with it.

25 points is the cost for HE to scout so it makes sense.

25 points for extra 5+ KB also makes sense. I don't like to change points costs of things between armies (I have tolerated points changes of standard cost items in GP summaries but I doubt if many will be included in the final writeup unless there are very unusual exceptions, in other words there is no other way to make it work). It's never done with other items (except HE damn them). If VC get it for 25 points, that is the cost. The question is should the assassin get it? IMHO he should, he dies fast enough if he fails to kill anything. Even mages fare well enough at wounding him.

As to the ward save, Dance of doom, it should remain 30 points, 15 point per ward bonus is standard and should stay that way. Its useless either way, but if characters suddenly get access to the temple, they shouldn't have a chance of getting a cheaper save.
Inquisitor black
Malekith's Best Friend

As to the ward save, Dance of doom, it should remain 30 points, 15 point per ward bonus is standard and should stay that way. Its useless either way, but if characters suddenly get access to the temple, they shouldn't have a chance of getting a cheaper save.

Ok, Ill agree with that. Also, If it were 25 points we could have an assassin with 4 attacks (with KB on 5+) and a 5+ ward. That is pwerful and for a character to have that IMHO fits well with Gavs "having your cake and eating it" concept, as the assassin would be LETHAL on the attack and capable of surviving counter attacks.

Good point Langmann!