RACE SPECIFIC RULES & OTHER ODDS AND SODS

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

RACE SPECIFIC RULES & OTHER ODDS AND SODS

Post by Dark Alliance »

Here's an idea from Dragnipur.

Make as many of our proposed changes as possible as optional upgrades. Warriors can be fielded as city guard as an option for xpts.

Executioners can have heavy armour as an option for xpts. etc you get the gist
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

Sounds ok, I like options! Of course, not all the changes can be made options.

-Metallurgist
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Options in general are good. I do not agree to the Executioners, they should come with Heavy Armour initially.

Bye
Thanee
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Oh, and City Guard is a little bit too special to be made an option.

But in general, options are good, just not in these two specific cases! ;)

Bye
Thanee
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I really like this......

Ystareth wrote:I know that the chances are slim, but I have always found the fact that Dark Elves can be panicked by fleeing harpies as being a bit ridiculous.

I find nothing wrong with their stats, and always use them since they attract a lot of shooting from my enemies straight away. I prefer having them getting killed than my more expensive troops.

I agree with the fact that they cannot use the general's leadership and all that, but, on the other hand, why would an elite unit of Cold One Knights or Executioners panic if a harpy unit gets broken or killed by shooting nearby.

After all, other races who employ "expendable" beasts are not effected by their demise at all (eg. Skaven Giant Rats, Goblins etc.)

Up to now I have never seen anyone post their views on this topic, neither here nor on the GW forums. So what are your thoughts guys?

i think we should put it in and forget trying to tie in any beastmaster effect on harpies. I would be happy if my fleeing Harpies did not affect my other troops.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I agree.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

I agree as well. Definitely a good idea for the harpies, something I have always thought was necessary.
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Matras
Noble

Post by Matras »

Yes. It is hard to understand why any Dark Elf should run just because some harpy nearby buys it. Besides, that would make them a decent missile shield again, (which they should be IMHO).
Inquisitor black
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Inquisitor black »

Just add a rule to the bests rule.

Harpies dont benefit from the general's leadership, and tehy dont cause panic.
Be not afraid of the dark, but of what the dark hides.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Here's something I got from Baron Cortez

baron cortez wrote:i just had an idea. it is based around the whole elf rule i saw on GW boards. they were saying that as elves are centuries old they are unmoved when faced with a horde army. with this they stated( not GW poeple who posted this to GW) that a horde army cannot claim the outnumbering bonus for combat res agianst elves. GW had no negative response to this but then i thought of adding a druchii twist to it!

here goes: if a enemy claims the outnumbering bonus in combat res, and the druchii dont break they fight the next round of combat with frenzy.

fluff: as the dark elven kind are given the oppertunity to fight an enemy that outnumbers them, the druchii fight with even more vigour as more corpses are added to the piles in sacrifice to Khaine.

this would be cool to have but i have realised that this can a bit much and it is only i working idea. so i lay this before you o great lord of malekith and hope to here an answer to this with much haste.

thank you.
Matras
Noble

Post by Matras »

Hm...no. I think it is a nice idea, but it would a) possibly be too powerful and b) just a real addition to the core-rules. I think we should be very careful about that kind of thing, as GW is almost certainly not going to accept it. I think they will accept tweaks that leave the units mostly intact (i.e. Eternal Hatred for BG, Execs-stuff) and maybe magical items, as long as there are not too much of those, but completely new rules...no.
I like Inquisitor Blacks idea. The only question is wether this is really necessary, or if the harpies do funtion well enough as it is.
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

I like Inquisitor Blacks idea. The only question is wether this is really necessary, or if the harpies do funtion well enough as it is.

I think it is necessary-I have had some of my units panick off the table because of harpies being destroyed by shooting! In fact, one time it was a unit of COKs with a Noble. That sucked!
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I see absolutely no reason why GW should not accept this.
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

I see absolutely no reason why GW should not accept this.

I see lots of reasons why they won't... ;)

But those are all talked about in the "bash gav" forum. :roll:
Matras
Noble

Post by Matras »

;-)
Okay, lets propose it, then.