Crazzzyyy idea about Exec.

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Naram sin
Assassin

Crazzzyyy idea about Exec.

Post by Naram sin »

Exec has also hand weapon!!!! Why not second hand weapon?? Using Draich when fighting against eg Goblins is a creazy idea with double hand weapons they will be wery deadly against infantry and using Draich cav units will be easilly cuted off becouse of KB and S. Disadventage - they will become corsairs with KB
Innocence proves nothing
Reader of posts
Shade

Post by Reader of posts »

Bad idea. Dark elves don't need more multi functional units. We already have city guard. The orgin of the Druchii is to have lots SPECIALIZED units working together, not one unit working on it's own.
War is not about who is right, but who is left.
Purple whisper
Noble

Post by Purple whisper »

Well, it would be useful, but not at all in theme with the Executioners. Also, there is not a single reason to give them a second handweapon other then 'it would make them stronger'. And just making units stronger is not what we try to do; we fix some problems.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Sory you can corect me but don't we talk about making Exec stronger?? Sory but e g O&G have CHOPA which could be treated as a double handed weapon or one handed combined with shield or second HW
Innocence proves nothing
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

If you've let your Executionersget into combat with a huge unit of Goblins they deserve to die due to your tactical error :evil:.

The thing is that some units are only good against other specific units. We don't want all our units to be good at fighting everything, otherwise the list will become cheesy and overpowered.
Reader of posts
Shade

Post by Reader of posts »

I really like the idea for executioners of Ivelos, which make exes better in the second round and the rounds after that. The executioners may strike back even if they are slain. This would solve their problems in the rounds of combat after the first. It would also make them quite unique and powerful, but that's want we want don't we?
War is not about who is right, but who is left.
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

We don't want an ovepowered list. We want a list with more choices available to us. I think Exes are fine the way they are now (with the revision) and should be S4 and have the option for HA. They aren't really designed to survive long rounds of combat. More a support unit designed to deal with high T and armoured troops, often with the support of another unit (Cityguard, Corsairs etc.)
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

if they will be basicly with S4 it will be nice and one more thing don't punish me for this idea as I have said it is only my crazzzyyyy idea!!!
Innocence proves nothing
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

/\\// wrote:We don't want an ovepowered list. We want a list with more choices available to us. I think Exes are fine the way they are now (with the revision) and should be S4 and have the option for HA. They aren't really designed to survive long rounds of combat. More a support unit designed to deal with high T and armoured troops, often with the support of another unit (Cityguard, Corsairs etc.)

Ypu, that makes them great 'shock troops'. That's my preferred option too.
Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

stronger yes

ridiculous no

Cmon we want execs to have wysiwyg with heavy armour. Cantradiction much?
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Join the spirit of Lakulei today - PM me now!