making GP faster and easier to analize

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Naram sin
Assassin

making GP faster and easier to analize

Post by Naram sin »

Why not to do thing like this to make GP palytest faster: lets make kind of harmonogram: e g eweryone from PlaytestG neet to make at least one palytes and post results till Monday at site, next during some next two days we all will be analising data and think about things to change and so on til next monday next palytes with new ideas based on expiriance from previous week and so on and so on to the pure ideal army list????
Innocence proves nothing
Reader of posts
Shade

Post by Reader of posts »

that's a good idea, but I fear that not alot of people could follow such an agenda, not even guildmembers...
War is not about who is right, but who is left.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

the timetable isn't a problem we can change it so eweryone will be happy
Innocence proves nothing
Nameless one
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nameless one »

I'am pretty happy that I became a guildmaster but my time is sparse lately I've got huge problems with school and my time to play warhammer isn't that great either.

Yes a timetable is functional but without much time it is pretty useless. Writing a battle report allready takes a lot of time if you ask me.
"Don't ask the Nameless One his name: he hasn't got one"
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

You are not going to be able to decide upon changes as the result of a weeks playtesting. Slow down guys and show some patience please. These ideas need to be playtested numerous times before any patterns can emerge.

Remember the old troll sayings "learn some tactics"? That is quite pertinent in my opinion. We all play in different ways and have different strengths and weaknesses, all this needs to be applied to the revision. Take the Cauldron for example, I happen to think it ought to be fine now but I have only had the opportunity to playtest it once. Since that occasion I have several new combinations I wish to try it out with before I can decide whether I feel it is still in need of a fix.

Magic items, other than the hand and the Rod of Doom I have not tested these to any extent yet, nor have I tried alloting the Temple of Khaine items to heroes. See what I am saying? No need to over complicate things. :?

And I certainly would not be able to work to such a timetable. As I have said in a different post here - we still need to hear Gav's initial comments before we decide our next move.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

OK come down eassy DA it was only a proposal you don't have to shout, I think you misunderstand me!
Innocence proves nothing
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Did Gav say he'd respond back to us this week?
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

@ Naram Sin : I wasn't shouting so I think you misunderstood me.

@ /\\//\ : Gav said he would get back to me this week but I don't expect to hear until next week to be honest.