Druchii3d

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Rhakinlanthari
Executioner

Post by Rhakinlanthari »

hey, Im currently doing computer science at uni.

I haven't programmed in c++ but I am doing ansi c at the moment and would love to help out.

I can also program in haskell - a language which no one uses :D
Click this. You know you want to...
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

Heh, this will most likely be c++. I am still trying to get ahold of the last other member of the original team. I should be able to post an actual "request" for help sometime next week-probably mondayish.
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Destis
Corsair

Post by Destis »

I like this idea. I always wondered why they didn't come out with a game like this earlier. Most likely because GW wants to sell their models. Greedy bastards. ;) . I'd say I could help but since it's in c++ that's not until next year for me...I'm taking java at the moment. :shock:
We Druchii are the greatest exponents of warfare, and you must study hard so that you will not bring shame to the land of Naggaroth, your city, your house and ultimately your lord and master King Malekith.
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

Not sure what the language is yet-we are still discussing. We are also discussing the legal issues. We will let people know once we have more of an idea of what is going on.
The crow
Slave on the Altar

Post by The crow »

well maybe if ou could get in touch with the original people who produced Warhammer Dark Omen, you can get a head start on about physics, rules, models and get great ideas from it... i can recommend a players circle where that ol game is still played in ladder modus, while only having greenies, undead and humans it iss possible to change models and stats and play a whole druchii army with it, although the looks are a bit old fashioned by now ...

btw i got experience in Java, VB 6.0 and C .. not ++ tho but hell ;) I have written different background stories and mission related ideas, goals and backgrounds so give me a yell if you need me
*some useless crap always getting set at the end of my even more useless posts*
Hellknight
Slave on the Altar

Post by Hellknight »

Well, I'm not much of a programmer, but I can help you with the graphics (mainly 2D). I've helped out a few online games in the past.

Keep me posted!
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

Yup, once we have an idea of what (and who) we are looking at, we will let everyone know! :)
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

I am going to lock this topic for now-just understand that, in the near future, we will be looking for people to code/model/etc. for the production, if we get the green light from GW. I will post whatever they say here. :)