The May Monthly is up!

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

The May Monthly is up!

Post by Imdat tauble »

So, we're finally there. The May monthly is up and its only 4 days late (and thats only coz of RAM - I'm sure you all know enough about the vague mystery that is computers and more specifically Microsoft, so I won't bore you with the details).

To see it, put your mouse over the 'initiatives' tab on the menubar and click on the first link - 'Monthly'.

Hope you enjoy it.

Imdat.
Last edited by Imdat tauble on Mon May 31, 2004 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enmanuial
Assassin

Post by Enmanuial »

My computer says the file is damaged and can't open it
maybe it is just my computer, but I report it just in case
Down with Malekith
Long live the Spirit Lakulei
Mandly
Assassin

Post by Mandly »

Nice I will check it out right away.
I tried to open it but got te same result as Enmanuial.
People are stupid, they'll believe anything aslong as they want it to be true or fear that it is
- Terry Goodkind, Wizards First Rule
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

if you saw this in the last 2 mins or so and tried the monthly and failed, its coz i forgot to upload the pdf file. Sorry.

It should work now.
Enmanuial
Assassin

Post by Enmanuial »

yes, it is working now
Down with Malekith
Long live the Spirit Lakulei
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Yeah, it's working perfect and looks the same, PERFECT Imdat
Great work, HAIL IMDAT! (B)
MDK
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Silas
the Mad

Post by Silas »

:cry: I can only see the front cover. The rest of it wont load! :cry:
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Well I've had a quick read through it and I must say that it's another great one !

There's just so much to review in this issue that its hard to know where to start, so I'll just look at the main aticles briefly...

Nice article about converting the GoP - that should answer a few of those often-asked questions we get here. (I'd go for the Necron Lord hand myself, as I think it looks the best)

Good overview of the CoP armylist too. People like myself who've played a Slaanesh variant for a long time will know most of this stuff anyway, but for those Druchii who are new to the idea, there are some really valuable insights into the new units and tactics.

The Lizardmen article is of course very timely and most welcome for anybody thinking of getting a suntan down in Lustria this summer, while MDK's wise words on getting the best possible pictures of your minis will be of great help to many people here. Interestingly, the technique I use is similar, but with only one light source - a large window next to the desk.

The Hydra stuff is just amazing (and I'm not saying this just because I edited a few bits of the fluff). This monster raises a lot of questions in the forums, and hopefully these articles will go a long way towards answering them. What I especially love about this is the way that the fluff, the modelling and the tactics are all together in one place (the same goes for the Hotek stuff too).

Tactical insights are always valuable, especially to relatively inexperienced players like me. With this in mind, the "Army of Insane Manuevrability" is great.

With all this talk of tactics, monsters, characters, lists and enemies, it's so easy to forget the nature of the battlefield itself, so Lord Silas' terrain article was a nice surprise.

Finally, the Executioner's Block is as fun as always, with Sneaky losing his head over Enthardon's (re)vision of the HE - I guess our friendly resident Aesenar would like to put the aforementioned head firmly on a spike and throw cheese at it ROFL :)

All in all, another great Monthly with something for everyone, as usual - informative, fun, and balanced (which is more than you can say about WD these days), so if you haven't looked at it already, then go get it now. You won't be disappointed.

Nice one guys - Hail to everybody involved in putting it together.
Last edited by Darkprincess on Tue May 04, 2004 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

great work imadat and sneaky u did even put in some humor buy not uploding the pdf ;)
SWFBR- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Yet another great Issue.
I'm glad people enjoy it, since it took many long hours to finish it. And the last minute rush was really annoying. But now it's here! Oh what a relief!
Enjoy your reading.
BTW, I just love the last pic. "There wasn't any good picture of Lord Silas, so we took this silly one of Anaryin instead" :D:D:D

Loremaster Nagathi
Silas
the Mad

Post by Silas »

Aha, switch PC parts around and it works! I'm a genius!

Yes that is another superb issue. Only a month till the next. The rush aint over Nagathi!

BTW, I just love the last pic. "There wasn't any good picture of Lord Silas, so we took this silly one of Anaryin instead"

I guess thats a hint to get me to put a pic up isnt it?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Lord Silas wrote:The rush aint over Nagathi!
I know.... There are still articles which hasn't really been started up properly for June yet. And I don't want it to be delayed again (not that it was the writers' or editors' fault really this time *curses at Sneaky's Acrobat*).

Loremaster Nagathi
Lord meaglin
Highborn

Post by Lord meaglin »

had a quick read must say real good love the fluff on hotek
who did the front cover really it was amasing the best one yet
hullo wat yar du in ahrrr
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

beanoman wrote:who did the front cover really it was amasing the best one yet
You should thank MDK for the Front Cover (and also the non-existing back cover :P)

Loremaster Nagathi
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

BTW, I just love the last pic. "There wasn't any good picture of Lord Silas, so we took this silly one of Anaryin instead"

LOL! I just don't like the comment very much..but that's ok.. :P

As for the rest, IMPRESSIVE front cover :D And great job for the rest of the ones who made the whole thing possible :P
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Btw, I'd like to say a word.. If anyone has any comments on the rules posted for the characters, plz PM me ok? I'd like to hear some feedback :D
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Yes, it turned out that my computer was low on RAM (I will fix this up for next month, and be sure to run a few tests). Thanks on behalf of the Monthly crew for the kind comments. Also, on my behalf, I'd like to publicly thank Imdat for giving me a hand even though he's got a busy life too.

Falahk: I agree, although the humour was unintentional. That should have been done with the April Monthly (you know, coming out on April 1... I was considering uploading a gag one but couldn't be bothered).

Anaryin: Sorry about the comment. My decision to include Silas' Da Bolt Hole article was totally last-minute, so I wrote the caption pretty quickly. I flipped between that picture and the picture of you after you woke up. The idea was to throw in a picture of a gamer, so sorry for not making that clear.

I'm glad you all enjoyed this one. I think it came together better than the April one (I was never entirely happy with the April one). I hope you also liked the Hydra Fluff section in terms of formatting. That took me a LONG time, and there are still a couple of things I wish I'd fixed (lack of pictures, for instance).

Watch out for the June one, because it's gonna be even bigger and better.

And GREAT job on the cover, MDK. The delay was sure worth it.
Goodbye.
Silas
the Mad

Post by Silas »

Having finally finished reading the whole monthly i must say that it stood up to first impressions.

Problem though. Probably something to to with it being shoved in at the last minute. My Club article has only the last half of it; the first half is missing!
i know cos i wrote it. But others will be able to tell cos it dont make much sense to start with!

Watch out for the June one, because it's gonna be even bigger and better.

Well bum...that means it will take even longer to load, be more likely to not load etc...oh well...at least it should be worth the effort!
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Thanks you all for the kind compliments, I'm honourt.
But I did only the smalest part of the whole monthly, all
credits go to the others who created a masterpiece once again.
Great work!
MDK
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

Silas - I fixed the article.

And Anaryin - look at page 60- :P
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Sneaky wrote:I hope you also liked the Hydra Fluff section in terms of formatting. That took me a LONG time, and there are still a couple of things I wish I'd fixed (lack of pictures, for instance).
Personally I think it was a bit too long (not your fault) and I didn't really like when all the letters streched all the way out to the absolute edge of the page. I know it might be hard to make them fit, but try to keep 'em within the margins.

Is it just me or is the back cover missing, just as the creds?

Loremaster Nagathi
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Anaryin: Sorry about the comment. My decision to include Silas' Da Bolt Hole article was totally last-minute, so I wrote the caption pretty quickly. I flipped between that picture and the picture of you after you woke up. The idea was to throw in a picture of a gamer, so sorry for not making that clear.

No problem :D Just kidding :) I usually don't take nothing as an insult.. Feel Free to put my pics there :) lol, unless you want ppl to read the other Monthlies.. they may get scared.. I've been called the "Death Wig" ... should I cause terror? ;)
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

Over all I liked everything. Pretty good.

My only issue was with the model pictures as it relates to conversion articles. When talking about building a model and doing conversions the pictures play a MUCH more dominant role then they do in relation to other articles. I looked at some of the monthlies in the past and it seems almost random as to if the conversion articles would have pictures large enough to denote detail. The Hydra conversion articles in April had Nice sized picks and you could tell what had been done. But the Hotek conversion pictures for example you could pick out almost nothing from the pics. I simply recognized it as the Dark Eldar fig but nothing else was decernable.

Large pic's with conversion articles please. Would also be nice to always end the article with a 1/2 page pic of the finished model painted.
Kithan^^
1337 Humour Terrorist
Location: With Injektilo in Binktopia-The realm of Stupidity and Whipped Cream

Post by Kithan^^ »

Only the front page wants to load on mine :7
Aspect of Anger
Aspect of the Assassin
Aspect of the unbanned Humour Terrorist

Previously known as Kithan Bloodblade

Kithan...has...been...pwned....by...D.net...

Song of the moment: Pagans Mind - Aegan Shores
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Kithan, I had the same problem. Try to go back and do it again, that worked for me.

Loremaster Nagathi