The June Monthly: ON TIME!!!!

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

The June Monthly: ON TIME!!!!

Post by Imdat tauble »

Get out the record books because this monthly, released at 7:30am GMT, is the first to be released before the lapse of the first day of the month IN ALL TIME ZONES!!!

Thats right - the Druchii.net Monthly, available just under the little tab on the menu labelled Initiatives.

Get it while its hot and before the novelty wears thin.

Imdat.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Great work Imdat and the Editors.
Compliments.
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Another excellent Monthly !
Great work from everybody involved.
Can't wait for the next one LOL :)
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Kraven norseslayer
Black Guard

Post by Kraven norseslayer »

An excellent monthly.
And what can you say about that she-noble on a dark pegasus conversion except WOW!!!.
Dodgy
Shade

Post by Dodgy »

Those modelling articles are great and so is the article about Khorne forces. Makes me wish I could write and do things like that. Good job everyone involved in the Monthly...
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Glad you guys appreciated it. I stayed up all night doing that (and playing Diablo II and watching the movie M.A.S.H. - great movie, BTW, WATCH IT).

Now I'm going to one of three things:

(a) Go to sleep (it's almost 5:30 am)
(b) Play Diablo II
(c) Watch the first four seasons of Red Dwarf

Cheers, all.
Goodbye.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Who's betting Sneaky's going with option b? ;)

Nice work guys, and I'm very glad to see that we're able to keep the on time streak going. :D
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Andruillius
Highborn

Post by Andruillius »

Great articles on the different warriors! I really want to make some Glade Guards using HE archers and Druchii Warriors now! :D
Unofficial and self-appointed ambassador of
www.battleglade.com
Lord meaglin
Highborn

Post by Lord meaglin »

good work an exelent read
hullo wat yar du in ahrrr
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I just have to say:
It is mostly thanks to the editors who was able to do all the late articles on time. Except a few, which took some sacrificing of important schol time to do (hope my teachers won't be too mad at me :(). I'm glad we pulled this one off, and hopefully the whole system of producing monthlies is getter smoother and you can expect more Monthlies on time from now on.
A big thanks goes of course to Sneaky and Imdat for putting it all together at the very end.

EDIT: Vc, my guess would be option b as well...

Loremaster Nagathi
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Another very good monthly - had read most of it before but hey. Z'gahn's comologue as always remains my favourite part of the monthly and the front cover was superb this time. Congrats to every one else who contributed in any way shape of form.
Pleased to be back
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

:D Thanks Rasputin!

Also; thanks for all kind words, and thanks to the whole mothly crew.
Yay, the first on-time monthly!
Seraphyn
Noble

Post by Seraphyn »

wow! this monthly beought a tear to my eye! i love all of the conversions and they have really inspired me to get moving on converting my army. Very good work MDK, and Rasputin and others!
In my mind I envision a world without hate, malice, war. And then I see us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

None of the illustrators were mentioned at the back, and I wasn't mentioned under TMLaS.

Great monthly anyhow, though i've only skimmed it shortly.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

Iaurnaurion - look at the very bottom - sneaky apologised for that (room was at a premium). It'll be fixed for next time.

But your name not being under TMLAS is interesting... I'll look into it.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Yeah, I wanna take the chance to apologise profusely. It irked me that I didn't get enough room to put you guys in on the back... we need to readjust the space given for each bit. It should be 50% to all four initiatives (overall) and the rest of the space for Reporters, Editors, and Illustrators.

By the way, for those still keeping score, I STILL haven't been to bed. I did the other two: I played some Diablo II and I watched the first four seasons of Red Dwarf. I'm going to go to bed fairly soon though (I hope), but that's hampered by the fact that I discovered we also have the complete Black Adder.

Crap.

Edit: actually, now's as good a time as any to say that I'll probably be absent from the site for the next few days because I want to catch up on some other projects... namely, painting my Warhammer, watching DVDs (I also got Fawlty Towers, GAH), reading the DragonLance series (I'm up to Dragons of a Fallen Sun) and working on a Calc book in preperation for uni (but also for my own enjoyment).
Goodbye.
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Monarch Iaurnaurion wrote:I wasn't mentioned under TMLaS.

It is my fault, im very sorry about that. I missed Your name when rewriting TMLaS members list. Apologies.

Great Monthly! Congrats to all involved!
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

I'll make sure there is enough room for all initiatives and names next time,
remember Iaurnaurion, this is the first time I made the back of the monthly.
But we are not in this for our names to be mentioned are we?
But I'm to blame for the fact Sneaky did'nt got enough room for
everything, not Sneaky, sorry for that.

BTW, what are you Sneaky, you hav'nt slept for 1.5 day's now. Normally
only ants and sharks do these things, witch one are you?
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Kiwi
Beastmaster

Post by Kiwi »

MDK wrote:I'll make sure there is enough room for all initiatives and names next time,
remember Iaurnaurion, this is the first time I made the back of the monthly.
But we are not in this for our names to be mentioned are we?
But I'm to blame for the fact Sneaky did'nt got enough room for
everything, not Sneaky, sorry for that.

BTW, what are you Sneaky, you hav'nt slept for 1.5 day's now. Normally
only ants and sharks do these things, witch one are you?

I have to agree with MDK, not in it to get my name mentioned, a thanks is all I need, and I got that.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Kiwi (and other illustrators): Keep in mind that you guys did get your names mentioned for pictures - every picture included is given credit, whether it's drawn by an initiative member or not. I've considered forgoing this for next monthly, but I like the system. The author of an article gets credit, so I figure that artists should as well. I hope my subtitles aren't too silly.

MDK: I stayed up because I got stuck into playing Diablo, then I watched M.A.S.H. and by the time that was finished the sun was up. So I figured there wasn't much point in going to sleep.

I ended up watching the second season of Black Adder and falling asleep at about 4 am (making it 40 hours straight of being awake). I woke up at about 3 pm and started watching series 4 of Black Adder (I've seen the complete first and third seasons before, and half of season 4). Then I got called away to the phone, then got on my computer for the hell of it.

I'm not usually like this - usually I'm in bed by 10 or 11 and asleep by 12 (or 1 if I'm getting a bout of insomnia) and I wake up at about 10 (usually). But the monthly threw me out - I was getting most of my work done late at night for most of that week and it spilled over.
Goodbye.
Kiwi
Beastmaster

Post by Kiwi »

I actually saw the subtitles and thought they were a nice touch. Like I said though, when MDK and Imdat thanked me for helping out, that was enough recognition for me.

Oh and top monthly I might add to. Being newish to the game still, having only played about 10 games, this site and now the monthly have become my bibles, top effort guys.
Darthie
Beastmaster

Post by Darthie »

What a marvelous piece of art on the title!

Thanks for that monthly, highly interesting to read!

Is this the place for a small suggestion? The pics are very interesting, but they are a little bit small, so I can't check details. When I try to enlarge them, they become blurry.
Is it possible to have a "monthly"-thread in the album, where all pics are "repeated" and only the monthly-team can put pics in?
My Pics...

Druchiiesquemusic...
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

The picture thing has been brought up before, and I've been making the pictures bigger in the Monthly (you might notice that in this monthly), but there's a balance between quality and quantity. I tend to set a quota of at least one picture per page, but some articles have more and some have less. The conversion articles had ample pictures, but the problem was to get them in the right spots. I had to resize them accordingly. As for, say, the Chaos article, I had very few pictures (pretty much every Chaos pic at my disposal was Slaanesh), so I had to adjust size to make sure I had the right number of pictures for the article.

Basically, the picture thing is simply a growing pain as the crew gets more and more familliar with working on the monthly. I've started cropping pictures and such myself (although it was limited in this monthly, I'm getting better at it), and that can help with details etc.

Basically, through that whole rambling set of excuses, I'm blaming basically my layout abilities and the fact that I don't always have enough pictures to work with. We're working to correct those errors.

Thanks for pointing it out though. ;)
Goodbye.
Ke'hl'ash silinrul
Noble

Post by Ke'hl'ash silinrul »

I hate "attack of the clones" armies and I convert a lot. My Chaos army is 50% converted but for the Dark Elves I run ot of the ideas.

This is the best monthly so far. I really liked all the conversions ideas (She-Noble on Pegasus is just breathtaking), pictures and all the fluff stories.

Really great job from everyone invloved.

THANK YOU FOR THE DRUCHII.NET MONTHLY!!!
I am Ke'hl'ash Silinrul, Bounty Hunter!!!

Beware of the shadows!!!
Darthie
Beastmaster

Post by Darthie »

Sneaky,

thanks for the explanation!
And excuses for bothering with an old topic!

Please keep up the good work, it's professional!
My Pics...

Druchiiesquemusic...