Me = Gone | Return = Uncertain

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Me = Gone | Return = Uncertain

Post by Nagathi »

Greetings fellow Druchii.netters.

I have come to a point in my life where I need to re-evaluate it all. I have had a couple rough times previously in my life, but now I feel the need to deal with the issues instead of running away from them. Those who have been here a while might remember me becoming more active about eight months ago. It was not without a reason. My life went into a low phase and I sought comfort and new friends on Druchii.net. I ran away from my problems, but now I need to deal with them. I can’t run forever, and eventually problems overwhelm you.

When I ran away from my real life issues I often (read always) covered myself in work and assignments. I joined the reporters’ team, I applied for moderatorship (and got accepted wohoo!), and it all went on from there. I took all the extra work I could find just to ease my mind from the things that always pounded in my head. With Druchii.net things to worry about, I didn’t have to think the thoughts that I new would appear in my head. However, I have decided to stop running away from my problems, and instead face them head on.

I need some time alone to think over my life situation, and I will therefore be offline from Druchii.net for a longer period. Sneaky has promised to take over my duties as Master Editor of the Druchii.net Monthly, and the few forums I moderate will not suffer from my absence. Those two forums have close to zero activity, and I believe and hope that the Black Guards and Administrators can keep an eye out on the Tradings and House Rules forums for me. My departure will not have any greater impact on the smooth running of this site as far as I am concerned. Sneaky will do a great job, and that is the one thing I could be worried about.

I do not know how long it will take until I am back, and to be honest, I do not know if I ever will. I do not play Warhammer anymore, I have had some issues with other higher ranked members of this site, and I feel I have other things to do with my life then to become a grumpy old D.net veteran who does not even play the game anymore. Nah, I leave that to you other guys to do. Instead, I will clear my head, work on my book that I’m writing, and try to straighten out my life again. If I survive and decides to leave for forever, I will come back to clear a few things out before my permanent departure (and I will let you know by bumping this thread).

However, several of you have literally gone down on your knees and begged me to stay and to come back. When people I respect and dearly care about started to beg me to come back, I started to dither. I can’t say anything for sure, but it looks like I might return, although I can’t say when. It might take a couple of weeks, it might take a year, or it might not happen at all…

My disputes with the higher ranked members of this site is not yet resolved completely, and as late as yesterday they worsened. There is one kind of people I really hate above everything else; the sleazy, sneaky, and manipulating kind. If it happens once it can be a human error, twice is a miscommunication, but three times, four times, five times and the people doing it are just enjoying the power they have over others and like to piss them off as often as possible. Well, now I’m fed up with this shiz. I wanted to leave this site with an urge to come back, but after what happened yesterday, that wish is now spoiled.

When school starts up again later this month, I might get too preoccupied to even think about this wonderful site. It is only wonderful because of its members. If this is my second last post on the site, I would like you all to know that the time here has been great. And what a waste of votes it was on the Gold Khaine Award if I don’t come back. As far as I know, the winner will hold the title for six months before a new voting is issued and completed. If I don’t return, I will gladly give the award to Caroline (who got my vote anyway). *Starts get feel all sentimental and emotional now*

For those of you who usually see me on The Raining Glade; I have notified MTUCache and he will hopefully accept my request to keep you guys in order a little harder while I’m gone. Pretty much the same procedure is done there as well as here. If I return I will try to get back into the discussions again, if not I will appoint a new administrator or just leave the site to slowly die out. A private message lies waiting for him as I post this.

It has been a great 18 months (in a few days’ time), and if things goes the way a few of my Druchii.net friends want it to, we will be seeing each other in not too long a time. Oh, and people, please don’t pester me too much on MSN or by mails. I’m trying to disconnect from D.net and I don’t need the constant reminder of what my life evolved into. Posts in this thread will be replied to when/if I return.

I would like to finish off with a quote that has been on my mind the last couple of weeks. It goes
”There is a big difference between being alive and to actually live.”

Goodbye!

Petter a.k.a. Loremaster Nagathi
Fat Bloke of the Monthly
and Gold Khaine Winner
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

Well... I'm not exactly sure what to say. But, I did have some advanced notice of this.

For those of you not involved with an initiative (especially the Editors), you'll probably never really appreciate how much work LN has been doing for the last few months.

I have one thing to say: Any length of break you feel necessary is well deserved. Take your time, get your priorities back in whatever order you feel they should be in... and if/when you come back, hopefully it will be in happier (and less stressful) times.

Good luck with the writing, and if you put half as much effort into your (future) career, I'm sure you'll be enjoying a very bright and successful future.

Seeya LN, you'll be missed. ;)
Silas
the Mad

Post by Silas »

Mum/Nagi/Petter, you are a great bloke and you'll be sorely missed! I really hope ye do return so we can have more great times with the MERWURM :D

Good luck to sorting out all your problems, and try not to be gone too long, or you may find all the people you wanted to return to have left as well (I know i'll be leaving, or at least visiting less often, at some point in the nearish future).

*breaks down in tears*
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

:|

I'm sorry to hear that Nagi. Without you d.net will never be the same. Who I'll be talking to on the chat ?

But I understand that you have to take care about your life - I hope that you will manage to do that soon and you will come back to us.
So good bye LN.

- Errdrigar
Savonarola
Highborn

Post by Savonarola »

Take care Nagathi!
Take care
Fra Girolamo
We hate what you hate. And we hate you. With eternal hatred!
Auric stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Post by Auric stormcloud »

It's really sad to see you go as you are one of the best contributors to this site, but you have to do what you have to do. Sad though to see the Fat Bloke of the Monthly gone... *sigh* Good luck, and take care!
Last edited by Auric stormcloud on Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poo-tee-weet?
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Good decission Petter.
Take it easy Real life owns everything.
(coke)
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

I often wondered how/why you had the time to do everything you do for this site.

Thanks for your efforts, and best of luck in your future endevours. if and when you do come back, I will welcome you with open arms.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Mord.
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mord. »

”There is a big difference between being alive and to actually live.”

I remember another saying:
"One is only as much alive as he feels he is..."

I hope for you that you can find the strenght needed to find the true source of your problem and wish you all the best.
"The Angels sing the Devil's Song."
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Good luck sorting out your situation. Hope you find what you are looking for. I'm sure that we will be here if you return.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Sad new, Petter. But it a mature and right decision.
Take it easy and good luck.
I strongly believe we'll meet again here in future.
(coke)
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Malekith
Beastmaster
Location: Naggarond,casting the InDesign spell and hunting down "The Deck of 52"

Post by Malekith »

Well for sure the Monthly and the community here will miss you, so I keep my fingers crossed for your return.

I do not want to use pathos here but out of my personal experience; there's always sun at the end of this tunnel.

(coke)
Malekith

Ever wondered how to make outstanding photos of your army?
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=32178

Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

(coke) ?

Sad to see you go really, you're one of the trademarks of this site. Well, you know you can find me whenever you want in the MSN :D ''Til one of these days ;) Cya mate, nice working with you

Anaryin aka João
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Please know that you are a respected part of the community and what you say on the boards is noticed by many. I hope you find your path pleasant to walk down, and easy to find if you ever wish to retrace your steps.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Nagathi's first post

Just look at the spelling and ammount of interrogation marks :lol: Oh, and his sig, /Nagati :P

You've changed a lot :lol::lol: gladly...
Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

Best Wishes Nag, your presense will take a long time to fill (since you seemed to be everywhere and doing everything, on top of never sleeping). Now who will be left to pester me to write longer articles, or correct my horrible English...does this mean I'll have to do it myself? Horror of Horrors! :D Slightly more serious now, I've noticed a bit of a trend of rough disputes between Admins and Mods, and can understand the frustrations involved on all sides. I would hate to see someone with your mind vanish from our fair halls over something like this, but Real Life takes presendence. Good Luck sorting it all out, and I really do hope to see you around here again someday...

The Hopefully Not Sleezy and Sneaky Manipulative Kind of Person.
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…
Lord meaglin
Highborn

Post by Lord meaglin »

wow thats real deep i sure i knew you well but not as well as silias mdk and others so good luck good bye good ridance ;) :D

come on guys one for the one the only Loremaster Nagathi

HIP HIP HURRAY HIP HIP HURRAY AND HOPE TO SEE YA ANOTHER DAY
hullo wat yar du in ahrrr
Dodgy
Shade

Post by Dodgy »

Take it easy and take your time with taking care of your business Loremaster Nagathi. Things might seem rough but at some point they always turn around. I myself have been forced to deal with a lot of crap so I know. See you around, if you come back. If not, good luck with everything...
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Sorry to see you go Nag. If you ever want to chat, you know how to find me. :)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Drizzt
Black Guard

Post by Drizzt »

good luck-if u ever need a holliday in the middle of nature and u want to visit romania ,i'll be happy to show u sites of my country,mountains ,monasteries etc.

if u ever want to meet beatifull girls --come to romania

i think i know how u feel -i had the same problem when i quit utopia after 2 years of playing in the same top kd!

remember best things in life are free!!!just enjoy them
Ninja_squirrel
Dark Rider

Post by Ninja_squirrel »

I'm new, but I must say I've been inspired by the example set by people like Nagathi and others that make this site such a great place. I hope that you find peace Nagathi, and remember that we here all appreciate this site, and all the work that has gone into it (lots of which was yours). Remember what's really important, and don't worry about what you can't fix. Farewell, but not Goodbye.

"Breathe, you are alive."
Last edited by Ninja_squirrel on Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Jewel-Eyed One

Post by Avatarofslaanesh »

So long Nagathi you will be sorely missed

Good luck with all life throws at you
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

So long Nagathi you shall be missed but never forgotten.
Good luck
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Element6609
Black Guard

Post by Element6609 »

Nagathi has just shown me what I should be doing. All I do everyday is get on this computer and search the forms. I think it is about time to unplug the computer for a little while. I don't do my work, because I think I need knew tatics. I think I'm going to leave this sorry life behind and get a job. Thank you Nagathi for showing me there is better things to do then read posts all day. Also, good luck with everything.
Hitoni
Assassin

Post by Hitoni »

Well I can only say GL to you, it has really been nice talking to you etc.

element6609 wrote:Nagathi has just shown me what I should be doing. All I do everyday is get on this computer and search the forms. I think it is about time to unplug the computer for a little while. I don't do my work, because I think I need knew tatics. I think I'm going to leave this sorry life behind and get a job. Thank you Nagathi for showing me there is better things to do then read posts all day. Also, good luck with everything.
Well me2, when the summer vacation is over, then I'm done with computer
Initiative comes to thems that wait