The Black Forge: Looking for programmers

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

The Black Forge: Looking for programmers

Post by Imdat tauble »

Hi all,

Over at the Black Forge, we are currently looking for people to program applications for the use of the Druchii.net community. Many of you have seen Warlord: the Druchii.net Campaign manager, and we are looking for people to increase our vaults of applications.

To see what we are up to at the moment, go to www.druchii.net/tbf

All programmers will be a part of Druchii2D, unless they specifically request otherwise. Note that the coding part of this development will not be for some time, so we are looking to complete other developments in the meantime.

Also, we are currently seeking a webpage designer to help us both improve and manage our initiative websites. Nagathi is doing a great job at the moment, but he has indicated that he has much in the way of other commitments.

If interested, please post here with a little about yourself and your experience with programming etc.

Imdat.

PS. I have just purged the Black Forge of inactive members. If you wish to be back in, please post here to that effect.
Xander
Slave on the Altar

Post by Xander »

I am curious, would the Black Forge have any use for server/client side Java applications? Or perhaphs a helpful applet of some sort - Even relational database access and modification without cgi or any 'on page' code?

Though I have only been coding in Java for about two years my knowledge concerning the abilities and usefullness of the language is solid. Also, just this year I am working on a java application (my trust in java to become core application language like C++ using the JIT (just in time) compiler is unwavering) that queries and modifies a IBM DB2 database.

Please, I am interested in your offer to program for the Black Forge.
Send any information to my e-mail (sssnak3@hotmail.com).
The one thing you cannot recycle is wasted time.
Cool hand luke
Slave on the Altar

Post by Cool hand luke »

I have some experience in html, xml, xhtml, php and I am learning flash. I haven't had much free time lately becuase of school, but I might be able to help do some stuff with the site. I would also be interested in helping with the programming for the Black Forge.

Any other question email me at: NecroCom@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Luke
Newbie?! Where??
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

Xander and Luke - do you have any examples of your work that you can upload etc.? If you do, please send them to me by PM or email...
Xander
Slave on the Altar

Post by Xander »

Would you mind if I created an example? I deal primarily with java applications (which, in many ways is more difficult to create than java applets - especially when it comes to audio output and image loading), and have had no need to create a useful applet.

In fact, rather than uploading code that has been created for other purposes, could you throw out a general example of something you want done? :) Now that I think about it, I could probably create an 'Army Calculator' - which would supply six spots for hero points, as well as three for each core,rare, and special unit. Next it would calculate a total and display what percentage of your selected point value each section was taking up. (as well as any points you are in debt or have left over.)
(A suggestion from you, Imdat Tauble, would probably be far better than this, but just about anything could be given to verify that I can indeed code.)

This would be a fairly simple example, and could be viewed on a personal web-page I would provide.

Or, as you asked, I could provide some of my former code, of which I would probably select my simple file writer/reader or .aiff audio player. (Not that The Black Forge would find either useful but, again, would serve as an example.)
The one thing you cannot recycle is wasted time.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Are there any fluff writing positions open anywhere on the inatives or another froum?
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i'm rubish at programming... i'm doin vb at school and had a look at C but not very gd at either......

any way... u know the GW thing for 40k where u can work out armies and pts... how about 1 for the dark elves.... i had a crack at it in access and then thought about making one in excel using vb, but not successful..... might think about one soon just striaght into vb... i'm learning about arrys (well should b able to get them to wrk but not very gd at it)... and then were wrking on saveing and stuff like that......

but it would b so much better if some1 with tallent did it..... lol

if i decide to hav a go it'll b at half term at the earlist if not mayb easter... so some1 get to wrk!
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics