I've Cleaned up this Forum!

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

I've Cleaned up this Forum!

Post by Vorchild »

Huzzah! Not that I deleted anything mind you, and not that it took more than 10 minutes, but still... huzzah! ;) There was stuff packed up here from over a year ago...

So, this is how I forsee things working for this forum so that actual announcements get through to people:

1. Its an announcement forum, so you don't need to make everything an announcement. Only the most important of announcements need to have announcement status as they will sit right at the top where they belong. Arguably, this particular post doesn't truly merit announcement status, but too bad! ;) Nah, I'll give it a week or so and then remove it.

2. Once an announcement is done with, it becomes a "normal" topic and gets locked, which would be why if you scroll down the forum you see almost nothing but locked posts. If someone notices an announcement that likely should get bumped down, let a mod or an admin know and its status will be changed. :)

3. Most announcement will end up as stickies. They're at the top, away from the old stuff, and all should be good. Also, announcements that had announcement status (getting confused yet? ;) ) will eventually get bumped down to sticky status first before getting locked and removed.

Hope this is better for everyone. :)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?