New Webmasters

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

New Webmasters

Post by Langmann »

I am sad to inform the members that Kitrik has retired as webmaster from Druchii.net. To put it simply he is too busy with real life at this moment to manage the site.

langmann and General Kala will perform as webmasters of Druchii.net from this time forward.

That being said, Kitrik still has full priviledges and is always welcome on Druchii.net as usual!

General Kala and langmann look forward to performing some of the necessary modifications to the site in the next while in order to bring the site up to date.

We are also firmly commited to preventing any long periods of downtime of the site. At least one of us will always be available to resurrect the site should it need care.
Last edited by Langmann on Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Kitrik
Fearless Leader of the "Cult of Kitrik"

Post by Kitrik »

langmann has my full support in this endeavor. I inquired with the other admins and he was highly endorsed by them.

It has been a pleasure leading this community for the past 4+ years and I look forward to watching it continue grow with a new leader. Please give langmann and General Kala a resounding welcome!

I will still be around to help out when necessary but my real life has to many more important agendas that need my attention to dedicate the time this site needs to fully thrive.

Feel free to ask any questions here! I will try to answer them when I can!

Kitrik
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Aye.. I had a strong feeling. Take care Kitrik, you evil whip wielding RA! :D

Take care of your shat, do what you gotta' do man. :)

Fr0
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

*cuddles Kitrik* thank you for some wonderful years and good luck with everything.

and to the new admis: bah.. i know you will just fail anyway ;) *giggles* nah you will do fine. dont worry, not like we are backstabbing murderou... oh wait..
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

BIG BIG thank you to Kitrik for all the time and effort you've given D.net. It wouldn't be here if not for you. We are all in your debt.

Langmann and General Kala - all the best and thank you for taking this on.

cheers
Sha'a'alaar
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Thanks for everything that you've done, Kitrik. All the best.

And congratulations to the new Webmasters, etc.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

That's one big thankyou to you Kitrik, you've done a great job. I wish you well.

As for Langmann and General Kala, congrats for taking this job on.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Standing Ovation to Kitrik.

Webmaster or not, you will remain our founder and our hero, as well as the Fearless leader of the Cult of Kitrik.

Congrats to our new webmasters, to whome I direct two requests:
1) Can we update the admin / webmaster list on the front page. I hate inaccuratew information.
2) Is it possible that when you plan to take the site down for repairs you make an annoucement the day before sayign you are gong to and for roughly how long, at least so we know whats going on.

Thanks again Kitrik, and Congrats once again to our new Webmasters (blimey Kala has gone from 0 to 5000 in about 10 months!)...

Ras
Pleased to be back
Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

A big thanks to Kitrik for all he has done , and best of luck to Langman and Kala.
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Thanks for everything you've done Kitrik and I wish you all the best in whatever you may do. My congrats and best wishes go to Langman and Kala in their new roles.

Cal
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Best wishes, Kitrik.

Now I'll just be disagreeing permanantly with the man in charge :lol: ;)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

RasputinII wrote:Standing Ovation to Kitrik.

Webmaster or not, you will remain our founder and our hero, as well as the Fearless leader of the Cult of Kitrik.

Congrats to our new webmasters, to whome I direct two requests:
1) Can we update the admin / webmaster list on the front page. I hate inaccuratew information.
2) Is it possible that when you plan to take the site down for repairs you make an annoucement the day before sayign you are gong to and for roughly how long, at least so we know whats going on.

Thanks again Kitrik, and Congrats once again to our new Webmasters (blimey Kala has gone from 0 to 5000 in about 10 months!)...

Ras

1. Refresh your browser, it was done before your post! ;)

2. We'll try for that for sure, it is not good for the site to be down without any explanation. Obviously it is not always possible ie: disk crash, power outage etc. However I'll try to always have a page up during downtime explaining how long the delay might be and what exactly is going on.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Johnthedrow
Cold One Knight

Post by Johnthedrow »

I was expecting some big change but this was bigger than expected. It's sad to see the founder stepping down but I guess it's necessary. Good luck in whatever you're doing in real life Joel, and good luck to our new, deserving, Webmasters. They will need it since this forum has grown so much more than intended, I suppose.
I want to be who I was when I wanted to be who I am...
Minis here
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Langmann:

1) Yeah, I Know. Silly me :cry:

2) Kool, thanks, that would be great...
Pleased to be back
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

Best of luck to you n_n

stay friendly now :D
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

sha'a'alaar wrote:BIG BIG thank you to Kitrik for all the time and effort you've given D.net. It wouldn't be here if not for you. We are all in your debt.

Langmann and General Kala - all the best and thank you for taking this on.

cheers
Sha'a'alaar

SECONDED, THIRDED, whatever! Good luck Kitrik, and thanks for everything!
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

*VM stand on a hill top playing Auld Lang Syne on Bagpipes*

Kitrik you have done more to this site than anyone else, you created it you raised it to the Roman Empire Equilivant of the online Warhammer Community.
Now you have chosen to step away your legacy shall endure for all time that this site exists.
Langmann and Kala, i offer my congratulations you are in my opinion two of the most respected members of the Druchii.net and are more than worthy to succeed Kitrik and contiune his great work.

Kitrik, Good Luck and God speed my Friend.

Voodoomaster
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

Firstly, thankyou to Kitrik for all his work and efforts here since he first founded the site.

Secondly, congratulations to Langmann and Kala on their promotions, i am fulyl confident you have what it takes to keep the site going in the right direction.

Chris
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Kin'eleth
Executioner

Post by Kin'eleth »

Three cheers for Kitrik!! **three cheers** Good luck to langmann and General Kala as the new webmasters! Umm......yeah!
despair.com for all your demotivating needs!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny..... (I think you know it by now)
Angron
Slave on the Altar

Post by Angron »

Congratulations to Kala and Langmann for the new posts! Best of luck to you both!!

I've posted a News post about all of this on the Warvault site;

News, just for you!

Seems like I came out of lurking just in time! Makes it look like I'm pro-active... excellent.

~Ang
Baranthazul
Ewok of DOOM

Post by Baranthazul »

As I said in the "new admins" thread, I'll say it again. I joined roughly the same time as Kala. And he's a webmaster. Wow. Congrats none the less, though! I'm sure you won't mess up that badly. :p.
---Baran
Forum Moderator-Druchii Discussion
Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes, driving 200 miles in the snow just to stand around at a bar and drink.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Actually, I'm a webmaster for a living outside of druchii.net. So if I mess up it will be on purpose. :D

But thanks to everyone for the kind sentiments. I'm sure that I speak for Langmann as well when I say that we are going to try to honor Kitrik's illustrious legacy by helping make this the best warhammer forum eva.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Lord zearo.
Corsair

Post by Lord zearo. »

I'm pretty new but i still owe kitrik for startng this website. i shall now bow my head in honour of him.

Ok now i'll congatulate general Kala for her new positon.
Oh i guess the herald will be online now. YES!

PS:was that why the system was down for a few days? or was that just me?
Kill me before I kill you!

DIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIe
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

PS:was that why the system was down for a few days? or was that just me?

It was universal for everybody, and as far as I can tell, Kitrik took the site offline for some reason. I'm not quite sure why.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Even though I am pretty new to the site I have to say it is a wonderful forum and one of the best Warhammer or for that matter any kind of website that I visit frequently.

Also any time someone commits significant time to make something like this possible for the rest of us deserves a lot of credit.

So now I need to stop rambling and just say thanks to the old webmaster and thanks to the new ones.