Ideas of the Month

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Ideas of the Month

Post by Voodoomaster »

Ideas of the Month

With The Seventh Edition is almost upon us, and with it shall come the new Army book for most races. Including a New Dark Elf Army Book. We have only a certain amount of time to influence Games Workshop about what we, the players want in the new Dark Elf Army book.

Thus I am beginning to start up the Ideas of the Month Topic that people are more than free to contribute to and to post their own ideas in the relevant topic of the month. Which in the Case of This Month Shall be Aspects of Khaine.

In These Topics People are free to post their Ideas on what they would like to see in the Seventh Edition Druchii Army Book, whether it be Aspects of Khaine in a Similar manner to The Wood Elf and High Elf Army Books or New and Old Magic Items that People would like to see included in the new book.
These ideas however, may, or may not be accepted by Games Workshop it is entirely up to them to decide what they do with any of these ideas.

Having said this Anyone is more than free to send me a pm with ideas about the next ideas of the month but for now, The Current Ideas of the Month are Centered Around Aspects of Khaine. Similar to High Elf Honours and Wood Elf Kindreds.

Voodoomaster, Ideas Forum Mod
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

ok i think they are a great idea, very fluffy and balanced and add a bit of variety to the army. did you want people to post what they think the rules for aspects should be?
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Benji
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Benji »

they could make this really good, giving them kindred type abilitys depending on what sort of druchii they are, the thing i would most like to see would be a witch elf hero. along the same lines you could have executioners, corsairs, scouts, and they could do away with the beastmaster and incorporate his rules into this. it has alot of potential if it is done right. assasins could be done along the same lines, but the problem with that is they will still been seen as poor because they will never be given the killig power which made them so good in 5th ed.
Samael the disembowler
Slave on the Altar

Post by Samael the disembowler »

:twisted: I'd like to see the possibility to include the use of poison in the dark elf army, more than you allready can. For instance tthe possibility to make weapons or repeater crossbows poisoned (with various effects). More monsters (deep sea monsters...?!)But most off all : plastic dark riders or plastic corsairs...that would really open up possibilities.
Neves
Black Guard

Post by Neves »

I wouldn't change much except for:

Plastic Dark Riders
More fluff in the army books (like in 5th edition)
Give shades the opportunity to choose between Repeater Crossbow or two hand weapons
Include the Cult of Slaanesh in the Druchii armybook or make a new army book (like in 40K the separate army books for different space marine chapters like space wolves)

I like the idea of being able to 'influence' GW or at least being able to be heard. :)
On my signal...unleash Hell.
Nikau
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nikau »

Hi, this is a great idea for a thread. I have been collecting dark elves for about 11 years now and I have never strayed, they have always been my major army. However, there is so much potential for the Dark Elf army.

Heroes:

There are no special options available to our nobles. We depend on magic items all the time.
Sorceresses are apparently the masters of dark magic. All they have to show for it is +1 to cast. Don't get me wrong, it's good. I would like to see a standard spell that they get, like high elves with drain magic.
Assassins........ sigh. So much potential here... They are possible the coolest unit in the druchii army, fluff and model wise but their rules simply DO NOT do them justice. They need something....... Maybe some unique items (potion of strength and heart of woe come to mind :twisted: for all you 5th edition players out there, I hope im not the only veteran out there). Or some cool martial abilities or something. Perhaps a noble could be upgraded to an assassin like a high elf honour? Again, so much lost potential.
Beastmasters.... Meh, i've never been a fan. I like the hydra, that's about it. Can't say I know many players who use a bm as a hero either. I say scrap em, or make them an option for a noble.
PERHAPS each noble/highborn has to choose a specific city which he comes from and this will determine special abilities for example: Har ganeth - executioner. Naggarond - Black Guard etc etc.

Core Units:

Warriors are great as they are.
Corsairs rock, don't change them. Maybe plastic models??? :D
Dark riders also kick ass. But please PLEASE bring back either the skirmishing or fire and flee charge reaction rules. They were awesome. I would devote myself to the worship of Games Workshop if they were reinstated.

Special Units:

Witch Elves are great, don't change them.
I wouldn't be too worried if shades didn't get changed, used properly, shades are lethal.
Cold one Knights. Hmm. Interesting. I have all 15 of my cold ones made out of the new knights with the old lizards. They are lethal with the hydra banner but that's about the only time i use them. Nothing they can do that witch elves or executioners can't. They need some thought,
Harpies I use furies models for and they are useful at times.
Chariots rock, don't change them.
My army is the army of Har Ganeth. Having said that. Executioners are the bees knees. I absolutely love them. Models, rules, fluff....... They kick major ass. They are balanced too. Take 14-21 and use a 7 wide frontage, they are seriously scary on the charge and cheap to boot. Add a noble with draich of dark power and huzzah! Killing blow Death!!!

Rare:

Bolt throwers are the bomb, leave em be.
Hydra is cool, as above.
Black guard are cool, rules and nicest models that gw have ever released but they are too expensive. Witch elves and execs do the job far better and far cheaper. I don't know what to do with them.... I have faith in gw.

Special Characters:

THIS is where I lose my faith. Morathi's model is absolutely terrible. I hate that pegasus. Morathi should be executed........ Cough cough matricide cough cough. Do it malekith, she's a pain in the ass.
Malekith in fluff is a hardass. In games he is a fairy on a dragon. Hand of khaine is cool. Bring back the old Malekith. Either have him levitating on foot with some really good rules (he should be on par, or better, than the WONDERTWINS -tyrion and teclis- ) or give him a cross between what he has now and what he had. PUT HIM IN A DRAGON CHARIOT. A flying chariot pulled by Seraphon. Come on...... PLEASE??? :lol: :lol: :cry:

That would be the coolest kick in the cave.
Malus is great but he needs a new model.
BRING BACK TULLARIS!

Maybe, just maybe, we could get a visit from a long gone king. It says in fluff that Aenarion was never found or heard from again and we all know that he would join us if he was ever found. It makes sense. Malekith reunited with his father, dominating the world.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

People should be putting their ideas in the ideas forum, its going to get ignored or missed by other people here if you just put ideas in here
VM's Edit: Agreed, and Langmann beat me too the lock
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."