New Server Fund Drive : Site Slowness

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

New Server Fund Drive : Site Slowness

Post by Langmann »

Update: Oct 12, 2007
Fund Drive So Far:

Donations #5, Amount: $237

[---------> $237
[--------]$200

Extra money will go to next year.

Well I have been monitoring the reason for the slow running of the site and it appears to be due to the fact that the server we are on is filled up with other sites and so we are once again slowing down the entire machine.

This means I have had to move the site to another server which will be coming in a few short weeks. Hopefully this will pick the speed of our site up again. However that being said we may have to increase our memory allotment as time goes on.

This means that D.net is going to cost me a couple hundred bucks a year. I am not making money off of this site nor do I intend to.

Members are welcome to donate to the running of the site. I will post a weekly tally of the total donations and when the magic number is reached I will let people know so that I don't collect too much money. See how hopeful I am? ;)

Donations can be made by clicking on the Donate button in the menu. You can use a paypal account or send money by mail.

Thanks to the People who donated to help me keep Dnet going. Awesome!
Last edited by Langmann on Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

Would it decrease the amount of money if you sent out emails to all the members who have not been on for a year(and have not posted much) and if they do no reply delete them from the site? I hate to sound evil but if it costs that much money the removal of those people might free up some space so we can become smaler.

A week of donations around the date that the dark elves were revised ;).

Or if needed I vote for ads, mind you clean and hopefully Warhammer based. But I do not want you to have to front money for this site as I am currently giving all my money to college and do not have the ability to do so.

Maybe Druchii.net should open a savings account or money market so that any extra money gahtered this way gains interest so that it is not just sitting some where not reproducing.

I would be much more hurt if D.net dies than if we get ads.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

crazyhorse wrote:Would it decrease the amount of money if you sent out emails to all the members who have not been on for a year(and have not posted much) and if they do no reply delete them from the site? I hate to sound evil but if it costs that much money the removal of those people might free up some space so we can become smaler.

It has nothing to do with that or the number of posts.

It has to do with the number of users on the site at a time. Along with the other sites that share the server.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Elfik
Assassin
Location: Victoria, BC, on the Western shores of the New World

Site Slowness

Post by Elfik »

Donations can be made by clicking on the Donate button in the menu. You can use a paypal account or send money by mail.

That would be cheques by mail right :??
People say "insert problem" but it's better to say "insert improvement"
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Thanks to the individual who donated $50 to Dnet!
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

We're passing the hat for a new server? Bump that donate-o-meter up another $50.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Aye, go on then.

Do I get a disc drive opened in my honour? :P

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

We're done! Thanks to the people that contributed:

Neil
Joseph
Gerda
Peter
Sergei
The_vicar
Beastmaster

Post by The_vicar »

when will there need to be another collection as i'd like to contribute my meager earnings to the greater evil...lol
Stand and deliver sir!, lest I cleft your head in twain....
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

You can still use the 'Donate' button on the menu bar should you wish to.

I don't think langmann would refuse ;).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++