Donation Drive Complete! Attention All Donators, Read Below.

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Donation Drive Complete! Attention All Donators, Read Below.

Post by Langmann »

Donation Drive Complete: November 9 2008

12 months x 20 USD = $240 USD

Current progress bar:

$0|------------------------| $240
$0|--------------------------------> $320

The Donation Drive is complete and has been very successful. All funds will be used to run this site. No new donations are required this year. Money left from this year will be used for next year's operation.

Thank you to all of those who donated to druchii.net. You know who you are. All people who donated should have recieved a message from me by normal email to the email account you used to donate to this site.

People who donated to druchii.net will all have the option of a free email account with the name of their choosing @druchii.net. The accounts use IMAP/POP3 (meaning you can use an email program like Eudora or Outlook to access) or you can use your internet browser.

Please send me an email reply to let me know which name you want to use for your account as well as the password you would like to have. Please have some patience as I am generally busy but I will activate your email address soon.

Your Full Name:
Email Name: ie: langmann@druchii.net
Password:

Thank you to all for this year. Wishing everyone a Merry Death Night and Seasons Greetings.

langmann
Webmaster

All Evil Druchii,

It's that time of year again, when the coffers have run dry and funds are needed to launch the coming year's fleet of Back Arks in order to continue our righteous raiding of the High Elf scum, and anyone else who gets in the way.

Running druchii net requires a private server due to the high traffic volume. Even still I have been frustrated with the webhosting company for a series of slowdowns during a rather inconvenient time - the 7th edition release. I switched servers and completely banned all robot searches of the sub forums by google.bot - it can now only search the main page. Between google.bot and the webhost company the site was ravaged. However during the last few months, Khaine be praised, it has been running at an acceptable rate I trust. (google.bot must be druchii for its ability to ravage a site is amazing, and our high thread count was satisfying its voracious appetite).

It costs approximately $20 USD a month to run the site on a private server. Occasionally I ramp up the memory and system requirements during high activity events such as the new book release, GT times, and any other time it is running slowly such as when we get a DDS attack from some jerk.

12 months x 20 USD = $240 USD

In order to donate, click the donate link on the menu bar, PayPal is the best method, however I will accept personal cheques.

Thanks from all the users of Druchii net.

I also want to note that several people were instumental in getting us through the last server problem. I usually do not post personal names online as it is a privacy issue. You know who you are, and we all thank you. If you use PayPal to send money and you would like your username posted below please include your username in the PayPal message.

Upgrading to PHP BBS 3.0 is going to wait for a while as I am still waiting for most of the bugs to be sorted out by the publisher, as well as waiting for decent upgrades to some of the built in mods of this site.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I've just donated a further $12.00 USD which can go towards next years fund. This year on Druchii.net has been great and deserve something back for keeping it going. The free druchii email was just a bonus :roll: ;)