Persistent Sponsors Needed

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Swedenpack
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Swedenpack »

what the h*ll, this topic has just got about 140 hits....
don't people get that the sight will go under if nothing happens? :evil:

maybe this topic shoud be moved into general decussion, people might not see it...or I don't know?

I meen 1800+ has bin looking in the "REVISION FACTS - The current position, everyone read" topic...

or have people bin mailing you instead of writing here, Kitrik?
- who many want to sponsor?

oh, and by the way... IM IN! :twisted:
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy.
Asmodeus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Asmodeus »

Kirtik, I think I e-mailed you, but you haven't responded, I was gonna help last time, but I lost your address. I can contribute some money. Just need your address....
Thanks
Witch Elves still suck ;).
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I'm in as well and unlike others I do have paypal so that's no problem (Drasanil, if you want I can send for you as well that way and you can pay me instead, so it saves on banks and postage :D ). I'll be sending you a confirming email Kitrik soon (tomorrow when I'm not half asleep).
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

I feel, that if all the moderators [aka, all, from all the forums] dish out about 5-10 bucks a month, we could be fine. Why the moderators?

I think that us moderators have a little more responsibility towards the site than an average member, and should accordingly be responsible for its survival on the net.

Also, I asked my dad on what he thinks we should do, and he said advertising could easily pay for it. Now I know Kitrik did not want that, so I thought of what Keenspot does. For those of you who do not know what keenspot is, it is a server dedicated to providing space for webcomics. A lot of their comics are premium, meaning only members can access them, as well as avoid popups and ads. So, the ads would only affect the nonmembers money wise. What do you think of this idea?

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

I have no problem at all with ads. It's better than letting the site go under.

I also agree with Z in principle that the mods should be the first to contribute financially. However, if being unable (for whatever reason) to pay bars a person from being a mod then I think that's not really going to work. Just think how many of our mods (especially in the RPG) are under 18 and have no income (and certainly no credit card). Are we really going to stop them being mods just because of their financial situation?

I am more in favour of having payment entirely voluntary, but bringing added benefits (such as personal webspace and an email address). I think there ought to be enough of us able and willing to pay to keep the site afloat. Once we get the merchandise going (assuming that's still on the cards), the site may end up paying for itself.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I agree / like the following....

1. Pay 6 months at a time - this is easier all round in my opinion, both for those with a credit card and without. Shadowspite sums that up pretty well.

2. Contributions should be voluntary and NOT conditional of being a Mod, again for the reasons Shadowspite writes. Also though it does not put unfair pressure on the Mods in employment who may not be able to commit to this anyway. We all have real lives.

3. The store, Kitrik and I have spoken about this and as soon as he sends some stuff through to me we will finally get it going.

I disagree with .....

Advertising :evil:
Countess
The Predator

Post by Countess »

Shadowspite wrote:I also agree with Z in principle that the mods should be the first to contribute financially. However, if being unable (for whatever reason) to pay bars a person from being a mod then I think that's not really going to work. Just think how many of our mods (especially in the RPG) are under 18 and have no income (and certainly no credit card). Are we really going to stop them being mods just because of their financial situation?

And then there's me. I have a job, and a credit card, but I've been ill and unable to work for the past couple of months. So, right now, no spare cash. :(

I certainly want to help out, and I'd be perfectly willing to do the $5 a month in the long term, but it'll have to wait until I'm working again.
The Countess

ego autem dico vobis diligite inimicos vestros benefacite his qui oderunt vos et orate pro persequentibus et calumniantibus vos
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Or we could hold a fiction contest, and have the winner write a short (preferbly Druchii) story for Warhammer Monthly (with all members contributing whenever the author may need help) and then having the money sent to Kitrik to keep the site alive?

Er - I'll shut up now :roll:.
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Only two problems with that:

1) The Black Library don't pay for contributions to Inferno/WH Monthly AFAIK. You just get a free copy of the issue your work is published in.

2) I don't have time to write any fiction right now... :P

Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

1) They do - there's an anouncment on the BL forum :D
2) Then we get some on else to do it (that IS what the fiction contest if for :D) :).
Kitrik
Fearless Leader of the "Cult of Kitrik"

Post by Kitrik »

Emails have been sent to prospective sponsors. If you did not recieve an email from me and wish to become a sponsor, please, PLEASE leave a message here or email me. Also, make sure to update your email address on the site as I most likely used that one...

Kitrik
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

Well I've been offline for a few days because of a new girlfriend and a long weekend... but I'm back and JUST found this topic... can't believe I missed it before.

I would LOVE to donate a montly amount to the site Kitrik, it's a fantastic site and I spend a lot of time on here so it's the least I can do. I think if there were a possibility of some webspace that goes with that then you'd probably get a few more pepole who would be interested in doing the same.

Anyhow let me know what I can do for the site, I've emailed you as well to show my intentions.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Thee forsaken one
Forsaken Master of Fallen Gods

Post by Thee forsaken one »

I might donate money but I don't have any credit cards so I don't know how. I also live in the UK which is a further complication.
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

1) Oh? Well that's cool. I'll have to go take a look.
2) I was attempting to be humorous.

Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

1) Cool :D.
2) *cringes from the humourless Serpert Lord*

;)
Alith anar
Shadowking

Post by Alith anar »

I'd be interested in coughing up a few bucks too, though it will just be a one-time donation so far. I am not in any position to donate a lot of money (I'm a student for christ's sake :roll:), but who knows, it might just be my 10 bucks that saves the day. However, like several of the other members who have replied, I am a minor and thus I have no credit card. I do however have cold, hard cash ready and waiting to be sacrificed for the greater good. Point is, have you guys come up with a reasonable way of paying in cash? Mail is not really an option since I'm danish and it would cost a heap of money (I'm still waiting for the 'Danish Postal Services' bloodline appendix for Vampire Counts) so if anyone have a better idea, I'd be very interested.

Btw, how's it coming along so far?

And on a last note, posting it in the Druchii Discussion forum would probably be a good idea. I don't think that even half the members ever look here, sadly. And since this is so extremely important, I think it is justified.
Regards, A.A.

"Epic Krueger the Mousefrightened was a trap, to see whether we'd generalize. Lose faith. Whine. Die inside.

And when the light seemed darkest... we get the visual equivalent of the opening lick from Thunderstruck."
Furion
High Sorcerer

Post by Furion »

Well if the store ever got up and running, this would probably be able to maintain a good part of the site. Pop up banners don't bother me as my computer generally won't display them... so that option I'm all for.
Putting the FUN back into fundamentalism since 1998
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

The Store ( and merchandise ) along with a great number of other things like the gallery, tok site etc have all been put on hold til august when kitrik gets this server to himself - AKAIK that is.
Lurker
Corsair

Post by Lurker »

Are sponsors still required? I volunteered a while back but was under the impression the scheme had been dropped as enough money was raised via 1 off donations?
Certainly haven't heard anything in a while....