13%
Made by Gav!!!
34%

Total votes: 32

Bombale
Trainee Warrior

What do you think about the GW forum?

Post by Bombale »

IMO the GW forum is very bad: not user friendly and with lots of very unpolite people (read: "Very idiot")!

What do you, fellow druchii, think about?
Merciless, bloodthirsty and vengeful; these are the characteristics of a successful Druchii General.
Yeurl
Noble

Post by Yeurl »

I voted it was good, because we can discuss things with the game creators there. There are also a few players out there who actually think before answering, few as they are. :)

The fact that forums are "crap", is not the Gw people's fault, but of the lot of people who like making nonsense out of it.

I'm very glad that I can bring my comments to them. I know they aren't actually listening, but oh well, at least I can unleash my wrath on them :).

I also think they could improve them quite a bit, too. Actually this forum is much more user friendly. Thanks Kitrik!
Watch your steps, my friend, for your way up is almost as fast as your way down, at the whim of the Witch King
Quasekomiki
Highborn

Post by Quasekomiki »

I voted good too, although it IS a nuisance to go through all that flaming/nonsense (sometimes funny, most of the time NOT funny).

Hoping no-one will insult me when giving my help/opinion (btw has anyone ever gotten insulted when you answered a post from someone you were trying to help? Very unnerving... If I'm not mistaken, Linda has had the same thing happen very recently)

But, I still go there as Druchii are not the only army I play
(ok, they are my favourite, but it's still fun to field my fully painted 5K+ Lizzie army or to have a laugh with a 1K Orc & mainly night Gobbo army).
Sometimesyou do get good info over there, you've just gotta have the patience.
If you must choose between two evils,
pick the one you've never tried before
Yeurl
Noble

Post by Yeurl »

Yep. Good and reliable info is what I look after in GW forums mainly. :)

What happened to Linda? I recall her as one of the few girls who actually commented about the game in the GW forums, but I didn't realize she was actualyl playing DE.
Watch your steps, my friend, for your way up is almost as fast as your way down, at the whim of the Witch King
Barondesade
Noble

Post by Barondesade »

There are plenty of rude people there.

The mods are unfriendly.

It's difficult to get good answers because your question gets pushed down so fast.

Gav comes in once in a while and talks about someting nobody cares about anyhow, like why longbows are not more powerful, instead of answering serious questions, like how certain spells or units actually work.

Thumbs down on the GW boards.
"When an attack is ordered the men must never be allowed to get the feeling that their casualties have been calculated in advance according to the laws of probablility" -Field Marshall Irwin Rommel

Baron DeSade
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I don't visit them very often. This forum is just better and people post a lot of crap there

Bye
Lord Thalack
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

Too many "contributors" seem to be in the 10-15 year old age bracket and are both very immature and extremely disrespectful. I now look at their boards about once every 3-4 weeks, and sadly, the situation never seems to change much. Constructive criticism is good when it can be supported with facts. The problem is moderators can't handle facts like from Baron or me. We the DE players make up the vast majority of anti-Gav comments,but rightly so because of our book. I have no problem with my HE and VC books. If I didn't play DE ,I might be pro-Gav ; but I do play DE too and that allows me to have a good perspective of what's going on by playing multiple armies. The abomination of the DE book is truly pathetic compared to all the other books out so far. But bring the subject up on their boards and be prepared to get "gang tackled".
If you run, you'll just die tired
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

It's been so long since I went there I can't even remember what my password is. GW can't be blamed for the idiot posters, but they certainly can be blamed for the cruddy forum design. Another thing that irritates me is that the GW forums seem to be primarily for Americans. Now I have nothing against Americans, but when the only gaming events that seem to get mentioned are those in the US, all discussion of WD articles are of the US edition and everyone quotes prices in $, I get a little peeved (especially since GW is supposed to be a UK-based company). Any thread concerning UK (or even European) happenings gets pushed down the list by the American posters before anyone gets a chance to reply.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Draichlord wrote:Too many "contributors" seem to be in the 10-15 year old age bracket and are both very immature and extremely disrespectful.

Geez, that's not very nice... ;)
(I'm 13.)
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

I've read almost all Sureal's posts and would've guessed you to be 20-24. Hats off to you young man, you're not an atypical 13 year old. That's why you play DE............mwahahaha
Sureal
Master of the Shadows

Post by Sureal »

Hey thanxs :P !
Bombale
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bombale »

Don't know what happened to Linda bt I read a thred where she was insulted 'cause she made an observation about a wrong army list!

The rude people was one who wrote something like "Druchii players are stupid"...

No comment!
Merciless, bloodthirsty and vengeful; these are the characteristics of a successful Druchii General.
Yeurl
Noble

Post by Yeurl »

Yes, I've met some of those people; luckily for me, when I tell them to be polite, they usually come back to their senses and ask for excuses, then the rest of the thread comes back to topic, and on quite a good environment. :)
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

Bombale wrote:Don't know what happened to Linda bt I read a thred where she was insulted 'cause she made an observation about a wrong army list!

The rude people was one who wrote something like "Druchii players are stupid"...

No comment!

ahh so you read it? yeah i got a bit pissed at that LOL. luckily enough people posted that it was the only meaningfull post in the thread :)
Furion
High Sorcerer

Post by Furion »

I voted bad as I've seen lots of truely ignorant people post on there. Everyone loves it when Gav says something as they're hoping he'll say something constructive- rarely happens. His tone has become sarcastic toward Warhammer players in general. Most fo the design team don't bother visiting and the mods don't bother to delete stupid posts as "Whos the sexiest model in Warhammer" type posts.

If you're a Dark Elf supporter of a revision, you can expect many people who will simply flame for that reason. You give concise points, they just say you need better tactics and ignore any suggested changes. If I were a mod there, there would be far fewer posters and the posts being made would be ones that talk about the game in a fair way.
Putting the FUN back into fundamentalism since 1998
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

Piece of shiz.

Although I do occasionally go there now to start shiz with people and have a good laugh.
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

Sureal wrote:
Draichlord wrote:Too many "contributors" seem to be in the 10-15 year old age bracket and are both very immature and extremely disrespectful.

Geez, that's not very nice... ;)
(I'm 13.)

lol im 15... hope you don't find me too immature (although i must admit some of the things I've done haven't exactly radiated with maturity)
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

steja wrote:lol im 15... hope you don't find me too immature (although i must admit some of the things I've done haven't exactly radiated with maturity)

Realizing that alone is a good start! ;)

Bye
Thanee
Soral
Slave on the Altar

Post by Soral »

Usually a wast of time. There can be some interesting things posted but it takes so long to get past the junk, I just don't have the time or patience so I come here insted :D
"Never does a star grace this land with a poet's light of twinkling mysteries, nor does the sun send to here its rays of warmth and life" -Homeland
Crimsondeath
Cold One Knight

Post by Crimsondeath »

Sureal wrote:Geez, that's not very nice... ;)
(I'm 13.)

Now I feel old - I was playing Warhammer before you were born!

Hmmm, where did I put that danged hearing aid and walking stick...

;)
There's nothing to see here. Move along.
Bombale
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bombale »

Linda wrote:ahh so you read it?

Yes... And I had no words... Ignorant and rude people...
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

Steja is lying.....he's not 15. He's 28 and near genious. Me , I'm so old I fart dust and shiz fossils. Unfortunately there are 13-15 yr olds on the GW forum who are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum from Sureal and Steja.....little of anything intelligent to say. This points out the quality of DE youth...mwahahaha
Yeurl
Noble

Post by Yeurl »

So Steja is as old as I myself? :)
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

I guess he really is 15, I meant it as a compliment to his intelligence and all his positive comments. I am surprised because I would've guessed him to be 27-30 !
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

Why not make a post to find out how old everybody really is. I'm only 16

Bye
Lord Thalack