3%
On a cold one
47%

Total votes: 34

Ryuking22
Trainee Warrior

Our good pal the BSB

Post by Ryuking22 »

Lets face it, that unit of knights is terrifying, so is that mighty hero on his monster, and so is that arcane being of energy that is about to toast your ass.

But one truly amazing sight to behold is a BSB. With their huge symbol, they just seem to capture and incarnate the enemy lines.

I've made this thread to see where you personally believe it is most stratigical to place your BSB.
"My lord, they tricked us, there were two of them!"
Dantrag
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dantrag »

I have only ever fielded one once and that was with my COK unit using the hydra banner. An oldy but a goody. The reroll on LD tests was also useful...
Life is Pain, Pain is Good - Life is Good

Dantrag Banrae
Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

It's a little rare for me to have large foot troop units. I like to keep it at 1 or two so often the BSB isn't worth it. But when I do take it I put it in a foot troops unit, corsairs spearmen or EXES or something like that. I don't mount him because well I've found he's (or she's) a little more inneffective in a COK or Chariot and more likely to die from bad luck.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Yeurl
Noble

Post by Yeurl »

I usually field him on foot. I don't trust the COKs to do their work, so I usually leave him as a backup for my infantry units.
Watch your steps, my friend, for your way up is almost as fast as your way down, at the whim of the Witch King
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Either on a Cold One (for a truely nightmarish unit), or on foot, altho mounting him in a Chariot also has a certain appeal to it...

Bye
Thanee
Kaleth_blackheart
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kaleth_blackheart »

I put my BSB in my unit of 18 strong CoK along with my army general, belive me nothing has ever beaten this unit in combat :twisted:
Time is a waste of life, life is a waste of time, so lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives.
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

I would put my BSB on a cold one and in a unit COK, and ofcourse give him Hydra Banner

Bye
Lord Thalack
Fallen angel
Cold One Knight

Post by Fallen angel »

Kaleth_Blackheart wrote:I put my BSB in my unit of 18 strong CoK along with my army general, belive me nothing has ever beaten this unit in combat :twisted:

Somehow that does not surprise me.... lets see, that's 18x29+45+211 (presuming Hydra Banner)+270ish (presuming highborn) = 1048 points.

Can you say POINT SINK?

Fallen Angel
Play DnD in the Firgotten Realms setting? Have a look at my quick narrative..... http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=21330
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

I always use him with the Knights..............obvious really, although a friend of mine puts him in with his Black Guard, that's quite nasty too. :lol:
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."
Hell Knight

Post by Hell Knight »

i always put him on a cold one, and keeping him in range of the black guards so they can re-roll their breaktest :D (well at least i try, its not always as easy as it sounds :roll: )
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

on foot! sure the tempation to put him with the CO is tempring but they already got an expensive Lord. so no more points in one regiment.

so i keep him hidden among the infantry so they will be hard to break.
Truant
Dark Rider

Post by Truant »

Well I'm making a new typr of army I've never played before and there he stays on foot without a magic banner just to privode the army with a re-roll break-test.
Pain is Temporary
Pride is Forever
Anadrael
Corsair

Post by Anadrael »

I aways put the BSB on foot because I the best Model in the dark elf range the special edition standard bearer

Silly reason but it looks so good. However I have put him on a Cold One but this has not done well for me.

Anadrael

Anadrael

... Second Star on the right and straight on til morning....

icon (c)Sarah Mitchell - please don't steal!
Ryuking22
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ryuking22 »

I'm going to convert a slick on foot guy, maybe make a unit of black guard or something... I just don't really like the concept of Malekith's personal guard marching in with me for pretty much no reason -_-
"My lord, they tricked us, there were two of them!"
Veldrin

Post by Veldrin »

I'm converting a BSB on Cold One at the moment. I want to try the hydrabanner in COK unit thingy.

otherwise I hardly ever use a BSB because I play with small irritating(Shades, Harpies and Dark Riders) unit combined with hard hitting units like COC and my highborn on Manticore. A BSB is quit useless when playing like that
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

On foot.

I just need the damn limited edtion model.

Anyone got one they want to give up? :(