Steam Tank killer!!!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

bjcontrast

Steam Tank killer!!!

Post by bjcontrast »

other than using the gauntlet of power what have the druchii got for stopping the dredded steam tank rolling through our entire battle line??

BJcontrast
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

cold one knights.

tons of reapers (i do mean tons).

execs could do damage as well.

and hey lets not forget we canallways get soem dogs of war. cos the darn steam tank is HARD for us to wreck.
Dantrag
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dantrag »

Thats easy - just avoid it!! We are very fast and the tank is soooo slow. Just decimate the rest of the army around it! 300pts wasted in that model which hopefully will not see combat at all!
Life is Pain, Pain is Good - Life is Good

Dantrag Banrae
bjcontrast

Post by bjcontrast »

only thing is. cant the tank move a possible 15" and INTO COMBAT! haven't fought one yet but it scares me thinking about it!
Powerfulfawn
Cold One Knight

Post by Powerfulfawn »

apparently they're very dangerous in close combat
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

I used the steam tank against a friend who was trying out the Druchii. He used the gauntlet of power and decimated me-I do mean decimated. I thought I might cry! :)

I think that is your best bet against the steam tank. And, yes, they can move 15", and if the player uses them right, they often will into a charge.
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Crimsondeath
Cold One Knight

Re: Steam Tank killer!!!

Post by Crimsondeath »

bjcontrast wrote:other than using the gauntlet of power what have the druchii got for stopping the dredded steam tank rolling through our entire battle line??

BJcontrast

RBT's work well against the Steam Tank, and should allow you to damage it a fair bit before it can get close enough to be a problem.

Also remember that the Steam Tank cannot fight in HtH in your turn, and that it cannot engage models with a US of 1 or 2! Send a Noble on a Dark Steed with a Great Weapon against it for some fun :)
There's nothing to see here. Move along.
Elvenknight
Elf on the Altar with the Axe

Post by Elvenknight »

Hehehe. Pity the executioners' killingblow doesn't work against it. An Executioner runs up to the tank and is shot at the last second. But his sword flyes from his hand and hits the tank. Sending flying across the field. :D
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie!" untill you can find a big stick.

The Album is here for all your army photos - Album Moderator
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Characters cannot be charged by the Steam Tank, but they can surely be damaged in close combat (on his turn) and be shot at.

The Gauntlet will destroy it in two turns pretty safely, just stick the Highborn into a unit of Cold One Knights, and kill the damn thing. Actually the Highborn could even kill it on his own, he stands a really good chance (with a really good armour), to survive its next turn, especially when it is heavily damaged already.

Bye
Thanee
Hell Knight

Post by Hell Knight »

the reapers single bolt should kill him if you roll well, i've destroyed a steamtank once (but i needed 4 reapers :? :shock: )
Pendragon
Trainee Warrior

Post by Pendragon »

the tanks is not so slow...
15M is very good...and 15 M means 5 D3 hits with 6S..fear causing enemy= pain in the ass :cry:
Hell Knight

Post by Hell Knight »

a tank doesn't move 15 inch...

a tank moves 0-15" , thats something totally differnet. And if the tanks moves 15" he can't shoot, and if he lost some hull poits already the tank can blow up if the player generates to many steam points
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Some good points of info' on this thread but how many of you have fought against the steam tank, & did you win or lose?
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

after our last thread about it me and a friend did a fight with hum using one of my land raiders as a stand in (it was in desguise).

well it is beatable with the gauntlet, (i funally charged the thing and almost wrecked it). but it often soaks up much punishment it is unreal. as we don't have the manpower to try and wreck it i would start to cry (almost anyway) if i evcer faced one for real. it took half my army's concentrated effort to take it out, during that time the rest of his army could sit and file their toenails for all they cared.

it is a very nasty piece of work. beatable yes. but not easily for us. you more or less need the lrod with gauntlet and even she will need 2 rounds to do it. during that time he is assured that she wont wreck havock among his other troops.
Cheezz
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cheezz »

I think you should try with the Venom Sword(I think that's the name).If the tank suffers a wound,your opponent must roll a 2D6.If he rolls over tanks toghness...I smashed a tank that 3way(sounds suicidal,doesn't it?)[color=darkred][/color]
Guns don't kill people...I DO!!!
Legionz
Warrior

Post by Legionz »

I thought the tank didn't work with W and T but with hull-points and to damage him with soft hit, strenghth, wounds, etc?
Cheezz
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cheezz »

I dunno,this is how we played at the club that day(dough,we were drunk,it was my birthday)
Guns don't kill people...I DO!!!
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

The tank doesn't have a toughness so that would't work

Bye
Lord Thalack
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Take a look into my last battle report (Morathi vs Balthasar Gelt). There was a Steam Tank present, and I had a Highborn with Gauntlet of Power. Still, I did not attack the tank and let it go unhindered, pretty much avoiding it.

Ok, it was lucky and killed a unit of Corsairs, but that just happens. It really doesn't do that much damage. Also the Steam Tank has to be careful about heavy cavalry, as they can hurt it quite good! My opponent has lost quite a few Steam Tanks to various heavy cavalry already! :D

Bye
Thanee
Sinaath
Shade

Post by Sinaath »

Hey, Ive destroyed ST only once.. every time situation looks the same:
i charge on ST, hurt it a lot but didnt waste it
on next turn it just blow away trying to move or shoot
its unfair :evil:

every time i see this machine i know its free 300pts for me
"It's not the east or the west side...
It's not the north or the south side...
It's a DARK Side"
The Jewel-Eyed One

Post by Avatarofslaanesh »

Last time I played one...yesterday it misfired on the first turn(Cannon) and took itself down to about 12 HP my greenskin ally had some fun there
I've never tried the gauntlet on it I usually let my ally deal with it but the gauntlet is a good idea.
bjcontrast

Post by bjcontrast »

Hey thanks for all the feedback ive only just joined this web site and am loving it already. I always take the gauntlet to tournaments because theres just so many of those blastered steam tanks around these days! my friend collects Vamp Counts and he is struggling with the tank any suggestions for what they might do and does anyone know of any decent vamp counts web sites?
Cheers....
Duncan037
Slave (off the Altar)

Guantlet of Power

Post by Duncan037 »

:?: call me ignorant but hwtas the guantlet of power?
A blind man who uses his brain can see better than a man who has sight but does not.

Duncan
Lord Thalack
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Thalack »

It is one of the magic items we got by winning the albion campaign. check the link in Thanee's post at the top of this forum.
The Gauntlet is a magic weapon which gives S8, ignores armour saves, strikes last and costs 60pts. And it is single-handed so you can also get shield

Bye
Lord Thalack