Your Most memorable Dark Elf Moments

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Wintersdark
Warrior

Post by Wintersdark »

Most memorable two moments, one in fame, one in infamy:

Playing a 6000 point game, DE vs HE, with my neighbor, Malekith & Morathi vs. Tyrion and Teclis

Round one, he goes first. Come his magic phase, his first spell is Wrath of Khaine, cast with total power.......at Malekith. Kills him outright. We decide that though cool, it cheated us of a lot of fun throughout the game, so we restarted the game.

Just to see, his first spell is Wrath of Khaine again, at malekith. He gets it off, and I roll two ones in my dispel roll. Of course, Malekith died again. We just decided it was meant to be and played on.

Second moment, my proudest hour:

DE vs Khemri, 2000 pts
7 Cold one knights and noble (Sword of might, seal of ghond) charge a Bone Giant. Do one wound. Giant in turn fails to wound them at all! Giant loses by 4, so loses another 3 wounds. The khemri player laughs, though: He flank charges my knights on the right with a tooled up tomb king and on the left with 10 medium cavalry.

The combat continues on for 4 full turns. I lost the first three, but held (sometimes with freakish rolls). The tomb king had challenged, I accepted with my unit champ. It took the tomb king 3 combat phases to kill the champ, and the champ wounded the king once! At the end of the fouth turn, my noble and surviving standard bearer killed all three units: bone giant, tomb king, 10 heavy horse; surrounded, outnumbered, and horribly outmatched, but they carried the day.

Damn proud showing for a mere 7 cold one knights and a basic little noble!
My doctor says I'm suffering from insanity... but he's wrong. I'm really quite enjoying it!
Menacreth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Menacreth »

The worst that has happened to me was in my first game with DE. I had tooled up my general hero pretty much(being used to 5th ed). The game was against Lizardmen. The only unit that i dared charge was a unit of 8 skinks. Easy kills, i thought, and charged. Well, i missed all of his attack, and his Cold one killed one. Then it was their turn, they managed about 3 hits. and all of them wounded!
And did i fail my 2+ armoursave?? Ofcourse i did!